Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

wip maybe
finale

Last 2 maps for now, gonna take a short break from mapping do to do other fun stuff (pokemon, trying to exercise for once in my life, etc)

4 Likes

I noticed some of the fence/wall tiles in Desert Bastion were using garbage obj data, and there were several duplicates, so I’ve made a slight modification to the tileset:

Replacing the duplicate tiles are a centered wide door, a variation on the cracked vertical wall, a cracked wall face, a brace pillar variation, and a sand path variation.
Download here

10 Likes

finished

finished

dont challenge me

11 Likes

map succ
technical final version with grass variation, a palette that mimics the original (I like Thracia blue more tho) and adds back in one of the caves + makes the bottom left cave have enemies able to leave it. Thanks wan for calling those out even if i still fucking hate this map

final map.
Speedran making a map when I was in a mapping high. Made for Vennobennu. Was doing fun competition with Krash who worked on the same concept but made it in a desert tileset.

VennobennuToday at 6:46 PM
the idea I had was for a partially drained lake, reduced to a pond; the former lakebed would be full of greenery, but on the original lakeshore the plants and trees are drying up

11 Likes

Update of a very old map of mine (below). I’ve started to do more of these as I’ve gotten better as I love hate my old maps.

image (24)

And here’s another that’s work in progress.

7 Likes

Remake of yet another old map of mine that I’m not even close to proud of. This one turned out pretty well, all things considered, and I made it into more of its own entity rather than extremely loosely based on the original Renvall chapter.

image (25)

6 Likes

cant wait to complete this in three days wheEEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

didnt take three days but it did take fucking forever

15 Likes

soooooooooooooooooooon

10 Likes

Made with N426’s most recent post on the Global Repo thread’s Castle update. It’s so fucking good. I CAN MAKE LIBRARIES NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

15 Likes

Have a Library where all of the mages across all the FE games to to figure out what the fuck their magic actually means. There’s probably a tome in here containing whatever you want. You want Forblaze? Check the deepest depths. You want the 852th copy of that Fire tome you love so much? It’s on the bottom floor.

slight aside: Wind/Fire/Thunder as the only trinity of mages is the only way i respect mages

15 Likes

Attack on Librarians

2 Likes

EVEN MORE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON MAYBEEEEEE IM TAKING A SHORT BREAK FROM THIS BECAUSE ITS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

also because i have work tomorrow and don’t want to metaphorically shoot myself in the foot with a shotgun, just a pistol

9 Likes

c
angered boye

might or might not be for a project I’m working on. Basic splice made with that one Jehenna chapter boss, the boss in chapter 5x’s armor, and a generic villager’s headneck area.

3 Likes

map

Re-imagining of an extremely old map, Crescent Lake. I’ve wanted to redo it for quite a while, but never really had the interest until recently. Unlike my other remakes, I had to drastically alter how it looks AND how it plays in order to make it interesting, as the original was, put simply, bad.

Bad Map 3_fog

7 Likes

OH I ALSO FORGOT TO UPLOAD IT AT THE TIME

i recreated the worst fire emblem map lmao, if you enjoy torturing your playtesters feel free to include this wherever once i update my mapping dump

5 Likes

Looking at both maps, I prefer the first version. They’re barely related to one another at this point. I especially liked the rivers and the less-than-symmetrical design of the original map, while the new one feels a bit like a lopsided smiley face. Sacrificing all those rivers meant you only had one little river outcrop on the right, and I think that takes away from its magic.

You do realize that the second one, like nearly every time I’ve posted remake maps, was the original, right? They don’t even use the same tileset nor the same design philosophy that I use nowadays nor do they have virtually anything.

No I didn’t, because the saying is before/after not after/before, so I didn’t realize.

…In which case, I definitely prefer the remake. It’s much better.

Zora I love this map so much, and I love that you named it Crescent Lake, since that’s the same name of a lake I’ve been going to since I was a kid (and have many memories playing FE on the beach with my gameboy lol). I love the revival, since it adds the mountains and the forest which makes it feel all that much more real to me. Keep up the awesome old-map-remakes!

1 Like