Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

A note: The Hawkzerker you’ve posted is missing the Pauldron on its non-dominant arm.

Normal Berserker:

Hawkzerker:

Yours has neither pauldron. For the sake of integrating with the existing Hawkzerker anim folder, would you be willing to add the pauldron? Else I’ll have to put it in a whole separate folder :frowning:

Big thanks for both animations. The Flail Knight is actually usable now, which is great. It looks much better!

1 Like

I’ll look into the pauldron. It really was just ripped straight from the Barbarian out of sheer impatience, but I can get around to it when I’m not tired after working on Thracia maps for two straight weeks.

Which arm do you think would be important to have said pauldron on? Bowzerker doesn’t really HAVE a non dominant one.

The same arm as the Hawkzerker; the one on the left in that gif I posted.

1 Like

Can do. Ain’t gonna promise any timeframe, but I can see. Might even be tomorrow if I find time.

1 Like

Alternately, if you made two different versions, with the pauldron on either arm, then the normal Berserker AND the Hawkzerker would both have a bow animation. But that’s entirely up to you. Either way, you’re a swell person :+1:

i exist

6 Likes

You exist

we exist

only if you doubt

i doubt, therefore i think, therefore i am

lorf_sw1

I’ll upload this when I’m home, found time early in the day.

5 Likes

I added a pauldron to Hawkzerker and corrected the jumpy dodge frame I had.
Bowzerker

6 Likes

For fun, I updated the FAQ again, and made a small note about the design of some of my characters, so I felt like fleshing them out more down here would be a good idea. More specifically, the two characters whose splices I’m genuinely proud of, excluding Beruka as she isn’t my character.

image (32)
Here’s Zoramine Anders Fae, the character with the longest history for me, the only character who has survived countless revisions of a short story that I’ve been writing for nearly five years now, next to her old model. She took far longer than I’m happy to say to get down, particularly a big thanks to Busk once again for the hoodie help.

Zoramine is such an incredibly odd name, that I feel it’s worth it to explain what it all is. Zoramine was not her original name - a simple placeholder which I’ll keep private was used for the beta version of the story, which I sat on for nearly a month. One bus ride home, the name ‘Zoramine’ just popped into my head, couldn’t get it out, so I went with it. It’s not based on the Zora species from Zelda, as I have never even played a Zelda game criminal i know. Anders was a middle name thought of through my aunt, a writer. Fae is everyone’s favorite chicken dragon. Yes, I was a FE6 stan even back in middle school.

She’s got a personality that’s simply… Really good at things that don’t matter to the world at hand. She’s great at fighting with people, running, essentially the perfct body to go fight against anything from Metal Gear, and has incredible attention to detail, except she’s in a country which is relatively at peace and doesn’t require that. She sucks at social conversation, barely has any concept of what many things are (“What’s a cat?”), and can be incredibly oblivious to anything she’s not familiar in. She’s very fun to write about.

For fun, what class would she be in Fire Emblem? Archer, or Myrmidon.

image (60)
Here’s Rei Sol, who started as a very, VERY basic recolor, which I then refined a bit to match the color palette I like, given a spliced status which turned out poorly, and I eventually just scrapped it for an entirely separate model which I like a lot more. This time, it was entirely done through myself.

The issue with the old model is that I made it for importing into Fire Emblem. Instead of focusing around building the character into who she is, I built her from an existing model to BE a model I could use. Which, after having done Beruka, my first half body and not true splice, Zoramine, the first original character I ever created, and Avi, a brown-haired cutie for a friend, I felt way more confident in making something that wasn’t instantly recognizable to be a splice.

She, similarly, is one of the oldest characters from the short story, although in the draft I sent for the assignment, she didn’t appear. Her name, like Zoramine, started as a generic placeholder and just kind of ''popped" into existence.

She’s got a better defined personality - perpetually annoyed by the universe, with a particular dislike for anything loud, too jokey, and bright. She thrives off being the most dilligent person around, at the cost of both her sanity and her being tired all the time for it. If she knew where the coffee machine was, she’d break it with how much energy she loses after every day.

Don’t mind this slightly different post than my usual stuff; Characterbuilding is easily one of my favorite things to do, and were it more feasible of a career becoming an Author would be one of the most entertaining things for me to do. I doubt I’d be any good at it, though.

15 Likes

test-7.png (1)

Testing out building types, not for anything specific this time but for fun. For once.

Yeah, unlike other times i say its not for something then shove it into a new project… this one actually has no point.

slight aside edit: why do we not have a Creative-Assets descriptor or threads? That’d be perfect for my stuff!

8 Likes

Forde (2)-11.png-3.png

suffering

Yes, this is Zoramine’s brother.

Yes, they wear the ‘same’ jacket, the one she wears is a hand me down.

Actually, I talked to someone about this while working on it; as Zoramine’s color is based on a jacket I owned when I first made her sprite (and still have! it’s my favorite), I might make his jacket a dark blue, like the jacket I wear most frequently. Or I’ll keep him gray, idk

Alexander actually has been around nearly as long as Zoramine and Rei. I just keep forgetting to start a portrait of him conveniently when something else pops into my head. So now I’m trying to work on it semi-daily to at least get a bad splice going. He’ll probably look like Ephraim for a while, even if I swapped out the eyes and nose.

I’ve had a lot of fun with female models and working with a male is giving me an ulcer, i have problems

3 Likes

image (31)-1.png (2)-3.png-1.png (4)-1.png (4)
fuck it
ephraim splice time

I’m at least happy with how he’s come along, even if he really is just an Ephraim splice. I have no idea how to do male models aaaaaaa

He’s not done but man do I hate this. Has to be done tho, if I want to be a completionist.

i like line breaks they’re cool and help me pace shit

I’ll be getting a mapping dump up… sometime soon? It’s going to be hella loaded thanks to my last one being back in june. Yeah, uh, there’s been like a thousand things that have gone on since then, from making a tileset from scratch, remaking every Thracia map, taking more requests, etc to the point I’m gonna have to use dividers for it again. oh boy

6 Likes

not to throw a wrench in things, but I think the neck is a tad long

MAP.

There’s a sayin around these parts that every time a mapping dump releases, every angel in whatever heaven you believe in sings out in joy.

get ready bitches cuz i return

All of the maps I’ve made since aboooooooooooooout July are here. Scroll up and see a map? 99% it’s gonna be right here for ya. 61 maps.

61 maps

yes, 61. Not 69, as I should have done as the resident idiot, but I got impatient and I don’t feel like waiting another month to do a big project.

quick notes tho

First, a vast majority of them use my Fields, and older screenshots of them will use older versions of the tileset. Thanks to my (almost entirely recent) advents of updating the tileset and animations being added, they’re now ready for shipment!

Second, while they’re all sorted by tileset, also included is the Thracia Maps folder, which is where it’ll belong for the time being. As it essentially is an extra ‘mapping dump’, I’ve put it in this download link.

Third, I’m aware the images for them tend to have broken Fog palettes - This is not intentional, but all of my current download links should have fog working. If they don’t, let me know on Discord.

Fourth, I’ll be making a ‘Universal Mapping Dump’ sometime soonish where I compile every single mapping dump I’ve made up til this point into one, ridiculously huge folder so I can just delete the individual folders on dropbox. Any future project will go into the next thing…

Lastly, I finally got around to fucking organizing my folders.
Only took me half a year of mapping.

Maybe I can finally clean out my Downloads folder.

Now I won’t have to go soul searching when I go find old content of mine, and I can instead just pop open a folder for it. I do too much of this shit to not already have this. It also lets me keep better track of when I decide to be a fucking idiot and start a project and to actually finish it. And stuff.

i smrt

16 Likes

I’m updating the fort tileset in a minute to go with the Thracia maps. Forgot to do that.

I did an original map for once. No title, just an experiment with my Fields Village in mimicking Thracia’s style while still keeping to what I like in map design. This also starts the fourth generation of my Mapping rom, as I’ve made so many maps that I’ve burned through three entire ROMs worth of maps. This excludes the Thracia rom I currently have, which has everything up to middle of Lagdou cleared out of space (and is excluded on principle for me.)

20 Likes

Hey I can see my house from here.

8 Likes