Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

Two maps made for Fergalicious (Sacred Echoes). Fuck boats. They’re so annoying and unfun. Especially when there’s that one Cantor that seems to think that he’s so incredible with his infinitely spawning revenants that keep chipping away at your hp tank boey until he eventually gives in except the cantor hasn’t yet realized that my boey has been training in the ruins for godknowshowlong and he’s currently a level 14 Dread Fighter with an Ilwoon named ‘death’ in all lower case and the weaklings he continually throws out every turn for the remainder of his short lifespan are merely cannon fodder until my boey wielding death walks up, crits him for well over 50 damage and ends his miserable existence fuck boat mapsandshavgsfiyvbfsyavbfsy

Where was I, again? Oh right, boats.

8 Likes

Boat map in the same vein as the ones above except not made for Fergalicious and using an altered FE8 palette to make the ship more natural while also making the sand not an eyesore. Meant to be a port of some type utilizing heightened terrain (an elevated platform) and using several pieces in Vennobennu’s alteration to my Village tileset to create a vendor and armory on the ship.

7 Likes

Another port map. Barrel spam makes sense if it’s a port. Makes it a bit chokey but, its a PORT. of course theres gonna tons of stuff.

8 Likes

Water temple made in less than half an hour.

Similarly to post #3 in this thread, the map is intended to flood, with the first layer to flood being the blue cobbled floors, then the checkered red and blue tiles. It would not flood any further. It’d probably be a once every 3 turns it floods the lowest layer, drains immediately, then waits 3, and after 3 cycles of that the 4th will flood the 2nd layer.

A standard temple molded after Chapter 22x (seen below).Originally started with a very similiar layout but in the fashion that cults tend to have, I closed off random hallways, added doors, stairs for ambushes, where their chests would be likely to be hidden, and a primary, uh, cult rool. Or something like that. Was fun to do.

Chapter 22x for reference:

4 Likes

I’ve updated my Updated Fields Tileset and will post the same reference map here as I did there.

Example Map

A small snippit of Doors To Destiny (top right corner) made because I was too lazy to teach someone how to map.

8 Likes

I’ve done a (mostly final) update to my Stronghold tileset, and although I don’t have anything to show of it because I’m far too tired due to this stupid cough of mine, it’s worth it to shill out here so people can find it easier. It’ll remain linked up top.

4 Likes

Practicing

practice 2

A map made for practice for a request, which I’ll probably post with permission from the original mak’s creator (I was requested for background aesthetics), with an alternate palette I tried working with after hearing they wanted a more black texture.

Tileset Palette 1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan).gba_Mountainous(6C 6D 6E 05 00)_swap_3-1.png-1.png

Custom set of tiles originally from the Temple tileset, recolored for a custom request involving a temple with changing ground due to a wizard. A bit of a bigger project, so I don’t expect I’ll be able to post anything besides this for a while.

16 Likes

And as a bit of a more humble post…

Here’s two old maps of mine before I figured out how to actually make all this crap work. In case someone’s out there looking at this stuff like I did with NickT’s stuff and questioning how someone do this so well, or if someone feels discouraged.

Feel free to post it wherever you see someone getting discouraged.

bad map 2
I mean, honestly… what the hell was I doing with these?!

10 Likes

That first map looks passable to me, outside of the huge chunk of space that the mountains cut off on the west.

The second map…looks something that was randomly generated.

2 Likes

Tileset Palette 1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan).gba_Mountainous(6C 6D 6E 05 00)_swap_3-1.png-1.png
Custom set of tiles originally from the Temple tileset, recolored for a custom request involving a temple with changing ground due to a wizard. A bit of a bigger project, so I don’t expect I’ll be able to post anything besides this for a while.

That’s an awesome idea.

So will the floor tiles change colour using the “second-style” of tile animation?

1 Like

The second map reminds me of a map that was in Advance Wars.

The goal was a Temple tileset base map which changes as a boss changes the terrain; Each of the tiles comes from a specific tileset (in order: Normal, Desert, Fields, Snow, Snow Peaks), and the map itself would change repeatedly between terrain. The request came with the caveat that I had to ensure that specific tiles would stay consistent (the ones around the boss), so I decided to take a roundabout solution instead of having to go through an insane process of stuff I’m not interested in sharing due to privacy and the fact I ain’t doin it lmao

2 Likes

Map I did aesthetics for at the request for someone (the other Black Temple map above was practice for this. I think it turned out well with a nicer palette.

I’m also using this opportunity to say that I’m open to requests for maps, either aesthetically or just to be given a basic concept and told to make a passable map. I’ve got a request currently, the tiled thing above, but I like doing scattered lesser projects.

11 Likes

Wyvern Stables map made at request.

A rough copy of a Final Fantasy map, pictured below and made a tiny bit better for gameplay purposes (widening certain hallways, making more areas have more hallways). Not great gameplay wise but its nice to look at.

12 Likes

Update on this page as a whole along with wips/things I’ve done recently at request/etcetcetc

I’ve added a FAQ for things that I either get asked alot or got asked once and had a good answer to. Along with memes. Gotta throw in a meme or two. Should answer most questions. If you have one, check there, see if its there. My answer probably won’t change for another 2-3 months.

I’ve added dates to everything along with as many contributors to each of my tilesets and mapping dumps as possible. If you contributed and don’t see your name listed, please let me know because my memory is that of a guppie. Be sure to read the top question of the FAQ to answer whether you should use anything, although if you’ve read this far, to spare you time, anything pre October 2019 is probably bad.

And now, actual stuff I’ve made recently without comments bc I’m tired and want to play Pokemon Platinum.

better map

12 Likes

Further progress. Next vers I post here will be another palette since I’m having fun with those too.

8 Likes

the more i post the lazier i get with comments, top is big city map made to emulate an actual big coastal/port city (GBAFE does a poor job of showing this) and the bottom is the finalized map from above.

17 Likes

The bottom map looks like FE5CH9 with extra steps, which ain’t a bad thing honestly.

Good call! The map’s got a general flow based on the map but with my own custom touches, such as my tileset’s fancy trees, the hill tiles used in the Judgral maps and other aesthetic stuff.

Totally not just because I hit that chapter and remembered how cool it looks.

1 Like

One with lots of images for Mountainmaking utilizing my tileset. Has a fair few differences than base Fields tileset so it’s worth creating. Second one soon.

Basic Mountains guide; Simple linear pathing

Mountains 2
Have a map either already have water, grass, etc or just have a blank grass canvas and draw a line on it, then make that line a helluva lot wider. Not too wide, otherwise you’ll end up like Post 72 on this thread.

Mountains 3
All of the tiles on the bottom are the ‘bottom pieces’ of Mountains, used as the start of the chain itself. In this case, since our base is 1x1 and not wider, we just use the 1x1 piece. The furthest right two pieces are used when the bottom is wider on both ends, while the center and far left are used when one side - the right or left, respectively - are wider.

Mountains 4
All pieces on top are Peak Caps; they’re used to signify a peak in the mountain and either end the chain or shift it to the left. The top pieces use the rougher shade of the bright side, while the bottom use the softer shade - I use the softer ones 99% of the time because this tileset has it muddled somewhat.

Mountains 5
Add in peak caps whenever you want the chain to start shifting left. The basic piece used at the top for the cap is used when the chain goes up directly, while the ‘diagonal’ ones are used to immediately jump down another. The bottom of the mountain chain is a good example of this.

Mountains 6
While it is unecessary, I added a second chain to demonstrate how to use the rightmost pieces, included in the second tutorial of sorts. That will explain some of the more hard to use pieces, including the peak caps that quickly turn back into the bright side of a mountain.

Mountains 7
All pieces on the far left now added are the primary ridge of the Mountain, get used to them.They’re used to connect peak caps and essentially form the ‘spine’ of the mountain.

Mountains 9
Rushed this image but that’s fine; Now I’ve connected all of the pieces together, When you don’t use the diagonal peak cap, the turning ridge is useful for neatly making the top of the peak continue. It’ll make sense later.

All of the shadowy bits on the bottom right are part of the shadowed side of the mountain; bottom two are used to push the shadow to the right, second row from the bottom used for the upper right edge of the shadow, third from the bottom used in straight lines and the top 3 being fringe that’re used for details.

Mountains 11
Here I’ve added the shadows in; whenever the shadow is pushed to the right, a right turning tile is used; when the shadow shifts to the left, I use tiles that shift to the left. For ease of readability I used the same straight upwards piece because lazy.

Mountains 12
Newest bottom row is of the blank filler tiles. I exclusively use the second from the left because it adds enough detail to the shadow that it works for me, although there are lesser shaded shadows and much more detailed ones for those interested.

Mountains 13
Same thing as the shadowed side, although in a different order; bottom row is when it shifts to the right, second row from the bottom is of connector pieces that go straight up OR straight left (much more used on the light side), third is connections that shift the bright side to the right and top are fringe details.

Mountains 14
All shifting left and right pieces have been added here (although I swapped to the rougher shade in the next image)

Mountains 15
Straight up and straight left pieces have been added.

Mountains 16
Now’s for the bright side filler pieces that aren’t on the edge of the light side. The furthest left is the roughest/darkest while the furthest right is the lightest. I recommend using second from the right because it’s a good connector no matter what other pieces you use - rougher pieces require certain connectors and lighter tiles are their own mess.

Mountains 17
and boom mountains

Mountains 1
Animation gif of creating mountains. For the above tutorial.

Also, coming soon to my fields tileset is W I D E bridges. That’s all for today, got finals this week and im looking for reasons to not think about it.

21 Likes