Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

Series of maps inspired mostly by NickT’s works. All of these and the rest of my current works will be released publicly soon-ish in my third mapping dump, which consists of mostly FE4/5 tile set maps and several WIP updates to my older tile sets, such as a Fields revamp coming soon and an importable Snow Bern, which you should check out there before getting any funny ideas about me being original.

9 Likes

Final version of an earlier map I made a while ago that I never truly publicly showed. I enjoy cliff tiles.

Archipelago map made for aesthetic purposes.

prison_map_for_obs-1
As the title suggests, this was a prison map made almost exclusively for Obsidian to give him a reference map.

the_return_of_part_4-1

A small section of a far older map than my FEU posts. Predates most of my original content, actually. Very proud of this map and I want to refine it if possible.

rivervalley_6-2
rivervalley_pt_2-2
final_map_maybe-1
A triumvirate map which all link together. Final is below.

15 Likes

A really beautiful reference map too <3, keep up the great work on these maps dude :+1:

those last two sandy maps are giving me dannagh region from xc2 ttgc vibes and i’m living for it
these are all pretty solid maps!

1 Like

As always, the aesthetic is on point!

1 Like

First, two shills for new stuff-
Updated Lava Cave tileset which I refuse to work on further unless I really get motivated to (good luck with that)
Snowy Bern/Peaks which is inspired by another user’s post from 2015 (see the link for more details on the source for that). Finished it today, so it should be far more polished than the Lava Cave.

And with that out of the way, I can happily release most of the maps I’ve made recently.

Mapping Dump #3, originally intended to be released about 2 months ago midway into my spree of making Flasuban Castle and Fields maps. I only intend to keep going, so don’t expect the FlasuTrain™ to stop.

Then, as perhaps a surprise to probably nobody because I’m a smart idiot, I now have a proper Mapping Dump 4! These are maps that are far more recent, organized by tileset, and are overall higher quality than previous maps. Expect more NickT-style peaks from me soon.

All of these resources will be added to the top post and should suffice for the time being, as I slink back into the shadows of suffering from java coding classes i hate this

4 Likes

mmm, mountains <3

1 Like

Mountain%20Pass
You’ll probably appreciate this one Nick.

11 Likes

Two maps originally created by (and forgive me if I’m wrong) Snek’s group for his project Legends of Avenir. I requested to be able to do visual updates for the maps, and they let me do so. Gifs of these are below for comparison shots - tileset is still not final (source Is here (and above)

map 2

map 3...

lava cave sux
Lava cave map made for Snek, similar to above maps but because the lava cave sucks and because the original map needed tons of improvements I’m counting it as my own map at this point.
Gif is below as usual.

lava cave sux

10 Likes

Ah yes that original lava map was… whew. For aesthetics and gameplay…

3 Likes

Two maps made for Fergalicious (Sacred Echoes). Fuck boats. They’re so annoying and unfun. Especially when there’s that one Cantor that seems to think that he’s so incredible with his infinitely spawning revenants that keep chipping away at your hp tank boey until he eventually gives in except the cantor hasn’t yet realized that my boey has been training in the ruins for godknowshowlong and he’s currently a level 14 Dread Fighter with an Ilwoon named ‘death’ in all lower case and the weaklings he continually throws out every turn for the remainder of his short lifespan are merely cannon fodder until my boey wielding death walks up, crits him for well over 50 damage and ends his miserable existence fuck boat mapsandshavgsfiyvbfsyavbfsy

Where was I, again? Oh right, boats.

8 Likes

Boat map in the same vein as the ones above except not made for Fergalicious and using an altered FE8 palette to make the ship more natural while also making the sand not an eyesore. Meant to be a port of some type utilizing heightened terrain (an elevated platform) and using several pieces in Vennobennu’s alteration to my Village tileset to create a vendor and armory on the ship.

7 Likes

Another port map. Barrel spam makes sense if it’s a port. Makes it a bit chokey but, its a PORT. of course theres gonna tons of stuff.

8 Likes

Water temple made in less than half an hour.

Similarly to post #3 in this thread, the map is intended to flood, with the first layer to flood being the blue cobbled floors, then the checkered red and blue tiles. It would not flood any further. It’d probably be a once every 3 turns it floods the lowest layer, drains immediately, then waits 3, and after 3 cycles of that the 4th will flood the 2nd layer.

A standard temple molded after Chapter 22x (seen below).Originally started with a very similiar layout but in the fashion that cults tend to have, I closed off random hallways, added doors, stairs for ambushes, where their chests would be likely to be hidden, and a primary, uh, cult rool. Or something like that. Was fun to do.

Chapter 22x for reference:

4 Likes

I’ve updated my Updated Fields Tileset and will post the same reference map here as I did there.

Example Map

A small snippit of Doors To Destiny (top right corner) made because I was too lazy to teach someone how to map.

8 Likes

I’ve done a (mostly final) update to my Stronghold tileset, and although I don’t have anything to show of it because I’m far too tired due to this stupid cough of mine, it’s worth it to shill out here so people can find it easier. It’ll remain linked up top.

4 Likes

Practicing

practice 2

A map made for practice for a request, which I’ll probably post with permission from the original mak’s creator (I was requested for background aesthetics), with an alternate palette I tried working with after hearing they wanted a more black texture.

Tileset Palette 1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan).gba_Mountainous(6C 6D 6E 05 00)_swap_3-1.png-1.png

Custom set of tiles originally from the Temple tileset, recolored for a custom request involving a temple with changing ground due to a wizard. A bit of a bigger project, so I don’t expect I’ll be able to post anything besides this for a while.

16 Likes

And as a bit of a more humble post…

Here’s two old maps of mine before I figured out how to actually make all this crap work. In case someone’s out there looking at this stuff like I did with NickT’s stuff and questioning how someone do this so well, or if someone feels discouraged.

Feel free to post it wherever you see someone getting discouraged.

bad map 2
I mean, honestly… what the hell was I doing with these?!

10 Likes

That first map looks passable to me, outside of the huge chunk of space that the mountains cut off on the west.

The second map…looks something that was randomly generated.

2 Likes

Tileset Palette 1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan).gba_Mountainous(6C 6D 6E 05 00)_swap_3-1.png-1.png
Custom set of tiles originally from the Temple tileset, recolored for a custom request involving a temple with changing ground due to a wizard. A bit of a bigger project, so I don’t expect I’ll be able to post anything besides this for a while.

That’s an awesome idea.

So will the floor tiles change colour using the “second-style” of tile animation?

1 Like