Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

image-2.png - 2022-09-19T183149.335 (1)-1.png

Two random semi-splices. They have frames and stuff, and I’ll probably release a few later that I’ve been working on for fun to refresh my memory.

11 Likes

image-2.png - 2022-09-21T203432.030-1.png (1)

Another (although I really didn’t need to make it a halfbody.)

12 Likes

College and ~1,100 dollars worth of fees came up that I barely had the money for haha that sucks

either way, with that travesty (somewhat) behind me, I don’t have time for the next several days, probably 2 weeks, to do much art as I catch up on everything I’ve missed, so here.

Portrait 1 Portrait 2
Portrait 3 Test 5 (Villager Face)-7.png

Test 5 (Villager Face)-8.png

4 portraits and a halfbody, all F2U F2E.All are splices using the portrait generator as a base.

…can you tell which one I had the most fun with?

21 Likes

image - 2022-10-05T022803.961-1.png (2)-1.png (1)
here’s this too i guess. Not really happy with the sleeves but I think it’s good enough. (Plus, there really isn’t anyone soulsearching for F2U halbodies, and the regular portrait scale is perfectly fine.) Absolutely nightmarish process making this one.

image-9.png (19) (1)
Regular portrait size comparison - he’s got some actual height to him now! Gauntlets with heavy inspiration from a set on a sprite in Pretsel’s large image references.

image - 2022-10-05T022803.961-1.png (2)-1.png (2)

image-1.png - 2022-10-05T025909.071

19 Likes

image-6.png (42)
rick’n.

Oh I should mention: this IS F2U F2E, but it’s got significantly more colors than any insertable sprite should have, so you probably can’t insert it as-is.

15 Likes

An edit to Plant Academy’s actually good animation of the old demo Eirika’s animation and a backflip. Here, I removed the backflip on the standard attack, and instead gave it a ‘normal’ step back with more frames than the 2 on vanilla. (And yes, I’m doing the MP4 recordings for him. They take all of 5 seconds.)

Keep an eye out for the Repo thread for if/when Struedel does modifications to it. I’m leaving my version here.

SwordSword

Credits document is attached within the folder, but for sake of including it here:
Plant Academy did most of the work on recreating the Demo Eirika animation.
ObsidianDaddy/Feier helped him with touch ups to the sprite.
Struedelmuffin scripted the original animation (and hinted someone should do the step back)
I (Zoramine Fae) made the new regular step back and scripted this new version.

[LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED - POST IS BELOW]

15 Likes

So i uh forgot to include 3 frames in the animation oops

Thanks wan for catching that the startup was fucky. That’s what I get for working halfheartedly on something lmao

Sword
It’s nothing spectacular, but its way better than base Eirika.

14 Likes

I see no reason not to post it here, considering I’ve now posted it to everywhere else, so…

image-8.png (48) (1)

Redid my Beruka halfbody from two years ago, by learning from everything Busk and Obsidian do, as well as taking ideas from Plant’s fullbodies.

…also, the fullbody version.

These new versions are, for the people in the back, NOT FREE TO USE OR EDIT.

26 Likes

She’s short.

Great work, Zora.

image-6.png (52)

Rework of an older sprite, a splice I made of a friend’s OC. Old version was frankly dogshit, and I spent all of today fixing it into a not terrible halfbody. Is it still not good? Yeah, its one of my works. But did Chalk like it? Also yeah

Not F2U F2E as it’s a friend’s OC. That should be a given. If I catch any of you using this, you’re done for.

Twitter link

14 Likes

la000_01 (14)

An animated twitch.tv/milpy, not done at request, he’s just really cool. Done in the style of Persona 4 Arena’s sprites. Animation isn’t great, but it was easy enough to try and imitate the idle poses P4A uses.

Twitter

24 Likes

Cool anim. Haven’t lost your touch one bit, Zora.

1 Like

fuck it the longer i sit on this the more annoyed i’m going to get

A fix to one of my oldest animations, one that I fucking despised. Klok was an ass about removing this one from the repo, and in a fit of depression I had to fix it to never have to think about it again. There is a Sword (non-projectile) and Projectile variant for this animation.

Sword
Also, a Maid edit of Nuramon’s Villager. Not proud of this one at all.

SelectedMoving
SelectedMoving

Two map sprites, one for MK404’s Tellius Fighter, and one for the Maid animation above, based on the generic teen female villager map sprite.

UnpromotedPromoted027 Inquisitor (RobertFPY, Itranc, Zoramine)
Two very basic class cards, first based off the Mage Lord animation in the repo, and the second being a simple edit of a hat for the Inquisitor animation.

Fighter (M) Bow {VelvetKitsune, Spud, Jj09}Mage (F) Hoodless {L95}Harbringer (M) Magic {Flasuban, Jj09}Paladin (F) SALVAGED Axe {Shtick, SALVAGED}
Speaking of class cards, I spent around four to five hours a while ago fixing every class card that wasn’t a meme in the repo to make them below or at 16 colors. This is a fix of 60 class cards, so hopefully there won’t be issues with them now. I don’t want credit for this, since its something the repo runners should have done, but chose not to.

I also spent over a week ago a few hours across several days creating new palettes for some of the most popular tilesets as well as the Frontier and Frontier Village, namely Sunset and Night versions of the base Village and the Venno-Zora Village, a Night palette for both Frontiers, a Sunset and Night version of N426’s castle, and more. The repo’s lack of palette collections that actually are useful made me too annoyed to leave as is. This should solve a variety of basic tleset issues, and people can further repalette to fit their individual maps.

image-14.png (21)
A FE8-style worldmap. Not F2U or F2E. Made to test the limits of my patience.

Everything F2U/F2E has been added to my personal repo, as per usual.

30 Likes

======VILLAGE CLIFF SHIP FIX

You hate the fact that the Village palette chooses between ship or cliffs, correct? No? Then you aren’t a mapper.

Took an hour of work after RW asked me for it, but here. The Ship and Cliffs still use the exact same palette, and I heavily do not recommend messing with it unless you know what you’re doing. I’ve replaced every palette in my folders for Vanilla and the Venno-Zora village with these, so a Daylight, Sunset, Sunrise, and Nighttime palette are included for both. Beyond that, they’re unmodified from what they were earlier (minus one tile change, which I recommend redownloading the mapchip config for.)

14 Likes

MagicUnarmed

Magic Pegasus Rider (Flasuban v2 Repalette), made when seeing someone say there were going to use one of the wack magic pegasi anims. I also repaletted the dodge, which is formatted incorrectly based on all of the weapon animations.

Bow

At request of Struedel, I finished adding his custom hair on the Der Improved archer. Please credit Struedel, Flasuban, and DerTheVaporeon, and leave my name off it. It was their creation/his edit.

BowBow
BowUnarmed
Another Struedel request for Neimi hair, this time on the Sniper. Included is an Unarmed, Bow (with extra twang), Bow (with no recoil,) and crossbow. Credits go to Nuramon, Swain, Temp, Sphealnuke, and Struedel. Leave my name off it if you use it.

Fergus, the Lord for a project I’m working on (check FEU’s discord’s playtesting channel) previously used MK404’s Fighter as its animation. Which is nice, but I wanted something fully custom for him. This animation HEAVILY references or outright uses pieces of Nuramon’s Ephraim Great Lord (the overhead swing and general axe shape), his Hero (the shield), and Redbean’s Echidna Hero (the original axe head’s shape.) The map sprite I’m using for him is also above a few posts above, the one from March.

The Hand Axe is unfinished. I wanted to get SOMETHING out, though, so it look shitty. Sorry.

[Also, thank to Eden for helping me get the idea of kicking a shield, as well as she and Wiz for both encouraging me while I suffered through this]

Everything is, as per usual, in my Dropbox folders.

34 Likes

Merry new year or whatever the hell people say. If you were expecting anything from me, you’ve come to the wrong person.

Battle Platforms Project.gba_12@0C umi1_EE0128-3.png-1.png

WIP update to the ancient Mermaid anim that I had taken out of the repo because the old one was just shit. WIP, because progress is very slow, I can’t find a good sound to use for the animation, and I ran out of steam the instant I finished the still. It’ll get done in 2024. Probably. If nothing else, there won’t be too many frames I have to draw for it.

image - 2023-11-28T032533.419 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1)

A very small subset of generics (and not generics) I’m producing for my project; Since I’m doing 98% of the work on portraits, that means redoing ALL of the generics. And doing portraits for NPCs. Since I want as much to be returned to the community as possible, once all of these have frames, and the others I need to make, I’ll be posting them here. Eventually.

Unarmed_000-5.png (1)

Did a Male version of the sniper above, fixed a variety of errors with it, fixed the female’s shoe, set both of their bows to use black outline, and eparated white from the armor/clothing/skin. Now, they’re more standardized. This update’s now been put into my repo under ‘Nuramon Sniper Repal.’

I meant to publicly release this a few months ago, but got sidetracked. Village update which returns all of the rivers, has grass cliffs, takes pieces from WAve’s Town tileset including the well and benches, has half stairs, vertical stairs, breakable fence tiles, and has custom interior tiles that use Water palette. Like the other villages I posted a few months ago, the cliffs and ship parts now more cleanly fit together. Comes in Daytime, Sunrise/set, and Nighttime palettes.

31 Likes

Sayu Sincronisity. Not perfectly happy with it, but over 16 hours in I needed to know when to quit. A version without the mecha wings is on my Twitter.

It really shouldn’t need to be said, but this one is Not F2U/F2E, unless it’s for your profile picture somewhere. Do not use it for any other purpose without asking me via DMs first (to which I will, almost assuredly, deny you.)

Bow_000-4.png (2)-1.png (1)
BowBow

Another Struedel request for updating Aruka and Kenpuku’s Innes sniper variant onto Nuramon’s updated Sniper. I then gave it to the female sniper for sake of consistency. No crossbow (yet) since I want to spare my sanity. Both are under “Nuramon Sniper - Innes Variant” in my Dropbox folder.

image-1.png - 2024-01-09T124502.963 (1) (4) (2) (1) Sword

A WIP fix to the sword version of this Hound Rider. The old version was a bit… clunky. Progress is slow because I got burnout from repal’ing and fixing where the hound rider was placed, then got hit by college.

image-1.png - 2024-01-09T124502.963 (1)-7.png-1.png

23 Likes

Neat, quite better, indeed of what there is! If I do end up doing a version 2 of Wolf Knight do you mind if I yoink your revision of it as a starting point?

4 Likes

Gladly, my repal and on-hit frame fix will be better off with someone invested in the animation.

The only thing I never got around to (which is the part that really needed editing) was, as the wolf growls before the swing, for the rider to bring the sword over in front of them and to the other side, and prepare to do the swing.

3 Likes

That or do something like eirika’s great lord wind up might work