Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

Yeah I’ve said it before but like where are you when it comes to me tossing around ideas in the discord holy shit

Yeah, I’m going to have to do that. I didn’t want to if I could, but it just makes the creation process several leagues faster. I’ll be axing more stuff later tonight if I find time, and I’ll probably start work on adding basic 1x1 bushes. I already have grass shadows set up from earlier and I just need to figure out where to put them.

thinking emote

Does this answer the wide doors + grass shadows?

8 Likes

this tileset is beautiful and I’m a huge final fantasy fan, can you fix the lighting with the stairs at he bottom of the map?

2 Likes

I had ideally been shooting for this tile group from 2E002F30 (FE8) since it fits a little better for larger doors when you have larger building formations, to be honest.

The grass shadow tiles look good.

In terms of other things that I just realized the map could potentially use, some degree of left-shadow wall cap tiles, in the vein of these - the length of wall separating the town from the dock that runs alongside the house could probably make use of them since the wall isn’t as high or higher than the side of the house (see below, circle in cyan).

In terms of other things for the actual map and not any tile additions, the right side of the northern stairs down to the docks was originally why I thought having grass shadows would be useful, but now I’m also realizing that, with the height change, that bottom left grass tile right above the “shore” probably needs to be a cliff or something if the top of the wall is at level with the grass? (see below in yellow)

3 Likes

LordGlenn I’ll look into that new door, sorry that I completely goof’d on which one you wanted.

The side wall bits are definitely addable and I’ll see about doing that. There’s definitely room after gutting a bunch of stuff.

The yellow bit… yeah the map’s mostly just a ‘throw everything in to show that it works’ state rn lmao, it’s lacking a lot of the finesse that most of my maps hopefully have had up to this point. I’ll attempt to fix that at a far later point.

Posted it over on the Global Repository thread, but I made a bunch of Roy map animations for Knight Lord Roy (or Brave Roy for the FEH players) F2U F2E, it’s literally just Eliwood Knight lord with two variations featuring Roy’s head.

Roy Knight Lord Standing (1) f651dd85e067cfa48bf723c11f3a06ebf228f65e Roy Knight Lord Moving-1.png (1) (2)

T2LRD Great Lord (M) (Ephraim) Lance Standing {IS} (1) Roy Mounted Lord Moving Roy Mounted Lord Moving (1)

Download link for No Cape
Download link for Caped

13 Likes

Not as many things as I’d LIKE to have in, but read the bottom of this post.

Includes the houses and new roads from WAve’s insane port from FFII (please credit him, not me for this), barrel/rope on the new roads, shadowed bits for the walls (Thanks LordGlenn!), tall wide doors (Also thanks LordGlenn), an extra fence bottom bit, grass shadows, and various repalettes (Chests, Stairs, Doors and Fences all now use the house/gray road palette to blend better).

Also included in the Dropbox download will be an example map so you can figure out how the hell to use this tileset. It’s… a bit complicated and I’m not even confident myself in it but it’s hella fun to work with.

Might even axe some more misc stuff and put in more dock/object parts to make the city feel more alive. Later.

Like the name of the Dropbox link implies, this is a temporary working edition that will have an update done to it later. Probably will make an entirely separate thread for it like my other ‘main’ tilesets.

Example Map

Hey remember that time where I dropped something big then had to vanish for a bit?

Yeaaaaaaah uh life decided to throw eight separate curveballs covered in fuckin rail spikes at mach 10 at me and I’m going to have to put FEU on the backfoot again. And while I’d love to disappear and then return with the funny ‘haha yes i have remade all of 3H maps into GBAFE because I’m a lunatic,’ not only does that prospect not interest me in the slightest but because my motivation pretty much died when life hit me. And hit me again. And again.

I might still produce stuff, and hell might even be able to work through this rut, but unfortunately the depressed express has left its station and I had a one way ticket on it. That Roy animation was an attempt to distract myself from that all. Please, don’t let me absolute suffering detract from this tileset, and enjoy doing whatever the hell y’all do with my tilesets.

I’ve also updated the first post with a message saying I’m not taking requests atm. Even if nobody reads that anyways.

19 Likes

Lancezerker Idle Map

Swordzerker Moving Map (2)

Swordzerker Moving Map-1.png (2)

I made a bunch of Berserker map icons. Bow Sword and Lance are all by me, outside of the Bow Idle which was made by Wan. They’re all F2U F2E and in the Repo thread below, but if you want to use 'em, go right ahead. They work well with the existing alt versions of Hawkzerker.

Also, the first post of this thread should now be updated with all of the new portraits in my collection and have links to my map anims.

(yes i know i just said I’d take a break but i felt productive.)

4 Likes

Setting Up Fog Palettes

Really basic guide made since I’ve been asked a few times and someone mentioned it on Discord earlier.

You guys may remember the previous expeditions I’ve gone on to ensure that fog palettes work with all of my tilesets (See below.)

Since starting and making many defunct palettes in mid/late 2019, I’ve made sure to keep everything as usable as I can, although I know that my tilesets aren’t everyone’s fancy. As such, this should be a quick guide to setting up fog palettes.

This guide uses FEBuilder, as it is my preferred tool and has extremely obvious numbers that just work out better for this type of post, but Usenti works as well. Divide numbers seen on FEBuilder by 8 to get the 0-31 values seen on Usenti and you’ll understand. I’ll also include numbers on the thingy below. yeah. words.

"Usenti example of tileset background color

Screenshot (219)-1.png

First, make sure that the tileset you’re using doesn’t have a fog palette as it stands if raw importing someone else’s work. If there’s one, then we don’t even need to start this step, or any step, just use that.

Second, should it seem that the tileset (or specific palette) doesn’t have a fog palette, copy the palette over to the fog set. I’m unsure of how to do this in Usenti (I believe just raw number crunch to copy them), but in FEBuilder you can ‘Import Palette,’ letting you set fog and normal separately. Import both as the same, non-fog version.

Now, I just do a basic number increase. color intensity increase? yeah lets go with that.

Here I’ve got two separate images - one of my current Fields tileset’s Aquamarine Grass color, and the other of its fog version.

When doing bright fog, aka standard fog, increase each of the values outside of the background null color by:

• 64 Points (8 in Usenti) if the value is below 104 (12)
  • 56 Points (7 in Usenti) if the value is 104-112 (13-14)
  • 48 Points (6 in Usenti) if the value is 120-152 (15-19)
  • 40 Points (5 in Usenti) if the value is 160 (20)
  • 32 Points (4 in Usenti) if the value is 168-184 (21-23)
  • 24 Points (3 in Usenti) if the value is 192-200 (24-25)
  • 16 Points (2 in Usenti) if the value is 208-216 (26-27)
  • 8 Points (1 in Usenti) if the value is 224-232 (28-29)
    Values at 240 and 248 do not need increased, but if you want to be that guy you can increase 240 by 8 (1).

This system’s been consistent for all of my fog palettes since, uh, I started actually caring about fog palettes. It’s worked for every tileset I’ve worked on, including the village, fields and custom fort. Just keep in mind that you CAN exercise your own decision and make certain values a bit brighter/darker if you want to accentuate certain aspects, such as brightly colored floor tiles in a Temple tileset or to make the darkest colors for floors hugging walls a bit darker.

You’ll know if you’ve screwed up rather quickly, which is why i recommend saving the palette after every color if you’re new to it. I still wind up having to undo a disappointing amount of work thanks to this very frequently.

Finally, we can go ahead and export the map as a .png (FEBuilder only.). When exporting through FEBuilder, setting the file type to .png will produce both a standard version and a fog version in the same folder, with the name of XXX and XXX_fog. Compare both files, and if you like the results you have, stick with it. If you want it foggier, go add another 8 points (1) to each of those values. Darker, reduce it by 1.

Go do the funny fog.

I’m gonna go continue relaxing and, uh, not mapping.

I’ll make a ‘darkness’ fog one sometime if I feel like it.

13 Likes

I just have to say, your maps are amazing.

1 Like

Are the tilesets edits?

If they are, they’re really good.

1 Like

Are these free to use as long as we give credit?

Please read the top post of this thread, or at least read through the intro and the FAQ I’ve got setup.

Most are edits of existing ones, although a set of them have gone beyond just being basic edits and have stuff imported from various other FEs or have had people chip in for full custom assets. I’m not the type to go out of my way to make a completely from-scratch tileset. That takes too much time for too little payoff.

2 Likes

Ah okay, ty.

1 Like

image-7.png (1)

WIP

10 Likes

Super nice hair and face! I know I’ve said it already, but gotta say it again

1 Like

Rei Seoul, one of the characters from the novella I’m writing in my spare time. I’ve made art of her in the past, but I’ve never done anything traditional (pen/pencil/paint etc) and those portraits were pretty halfassed. Getting this done so I’ve got an actual fullbody for her is… Nice.

15 Likes

I think her left hand is backwards. But nice work

1 Like

screaming

well guess im not going to take a short break, lemme go… fix that.

and fixed.

You could always just write it into the story instead. :slight_smile:

To me it now looks like her left hand is either backwards or has two thumbs.

The rest of it looks quite nice though y’kno. Just nitpicking

Summary

Shorter red thumb longer blue pinky