Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

noice

i said id fucking make a big map
and nobody believed me

and now that i have

i have gone where very few have ever gone before

This map really is fucking huge, though. Largest map in vanilla Fire Emblem are Genealogy maps, at 64x64 for a total tile count of 4,096, followed up by its prologue at half the height, and then a Thracia/Binding Blade map, which are at 32x48 at 1,536 tiles.

This map is 100x44, or 4,400 tiles.

This has probably taken a combined effort of over 24 hours thanks to my computer DYING HALFWAY THROUGH, and I’m happy to say that it’s at a spot I’m happy with.

All four separate pieces will be uploaded to my next mapping dump coming very soon, as I’m nearly done with this rom’s space for maps.

remember when RW jokingly said that I wouldn’t make a 100 wide map? yeah me neither, I don’t understand jokes.

ohimayormaynotbeextendingitdownwardsjustsaying

27 Likes

Someone call the doctor, because I may have a heart attack.
Man, you are really killing me this time Zoramine, excellent map

1 Like

Probably my internet but it took noticeably 4 seconds for the image to actually load, an absolute unit.

2 Likes

Was working on a draft for my Fields as an alternate, with the Village tileset’s houses, sand cliffs and sand mountains. Working out more details such as attempting to add small desert tiles and a seizeable mansion (from my fort tileset, which is from Thracia), but that’s taking longer.

At the very least, I can promise you that this next tileset will, while being different from my Fields, will fit in right at home. and let me recreate more Thracia maps

Fields-Village, with Village houses, sand cliffs, and sand peaks + horizontal and vertical doors are in here.

I said it in there that I’m going to take a break. Unlike last time, I genuinely need one. I’ve been exhausting myself too hard recently between balancing extra hours at work, college midterms, helping everyone on FEU and putting up with my friends fighting for the past week, so I’m taking one of these out of my life for a bit. And it should be obvious which is least important.

I’ll check on here every once in a while, but… I need to space myself out for a while. I can’t keep this up.

14 Likes

Take care and don’t overwork yourself!

5 Likes

Take care of yourself. We’ll make sure to surprise you with our mapping expertise when you return.

Quick, let’s make a wall height error contest. Whoever can make the ugliest map with the most height inconsistencies wins!

4 Likes

hi yes it me zora

i do the funny map

So, you know how I’m that one guy who loves wack Tilesets, and lives to recreate things that I’ve got absolutely no reason to remake? Like, how I’m the guy that redid Wyvern’s Dale in GBAFE because someone else thought it’d be funny to have it. Or where I made a fort tileset using a new tool bc I thought it was cool?

Yeah, what if I just decided to fuckin remake every Thracia map in GBAFE?

I mean, sure, it’d be hell to go through, it might take me a wh

TWO WEEKS IS ALL IT TAKES BABY

Wonder how fuckin accurate your boi Zoramine got? To put it simply, I spent about half of my waking hours for the past two weeks exclusively working on this. They’re accurate to a T, with very, VERY few instances of me swapping out tiles because I didn’t have any.

Not convinced?

image (66)

image (52)

image (50)

I’ve spent so long staring at these pixels that I’m finding goddamn palette errors in thracia’s maps. IN THEIR MAPS. H O W .

I’ve only got two people to credit for this-
Wan kept finding the tiny errors that I routinely missed and is the best moral support anyone could ask for, plus they enjoy watching me suffer work.
Wasspix was willing to hear me out for… iunno, the entire project. He liked observing the meme man go to town.

Oh yeah, did I mention yet that these are all f2u f2e?
The only thing you pay is the low low price of your soul as I force you to use MY TILESETS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All of the maps in a nice collection

Chapter 1

Chapter 4

Chapter 4x

Chapter 8

Chapter 8x

Chapter 10

Chapter 11x

Chapter 12

Chapter 12x

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Chapter 16B

Chapter 17A

Chapter 21x

Chapter 22

Chapter 23

Right, I should also say. The tilesets used are either my Fields (current version is now up, as I’d updated it to tackle this project), my Fields Village (also in my Fields thread, should be second from the bottom), my Fort, N426’s Castle and my/Flasu/N426’s Updated Stronghold. And the Temple tileset, but you’ll need to edit two tiles to make them doors - it’s obvious which ones are doors but are classified as walls.

ignore the name of the folder, when I’m working I always create odd names

30 Likes

wHEN DID I SAY I WAS DONE

New post cuz I feel like it, suck it. Also because the previous post was WAY too loaded. This one’s kinda full, too.

I’ll quickly explain a bit on why I left, but I won’t go into detail cuz no.

I love helping people, but I get exhausted extremely quickly if I’m not doing things I actually enjoy. I was definitely still happy to help people but right before I left, but I was actually losing my mind a bit. Combine my dying interest with anxiety with the state of the world, friends fighting and pressure from my upcoming (at the time) 1 year report for my job, I just couldn’t handle it.

If I get tired again, I’m going to be much more driven towards taking a dedicated break from FEU to pursue something I actually enjoy. Working on the Thracia maps WAS one of those things that I couldn’t do without dragging myself forcibly away from all of the people asking for help/questions in FEU.

None of the following stuff, in consequence, was asked for. Everything I’d done was purely because I felt it’d be funny to over the past two weeks, or was made for close friends.

image (31)-1.png (2)-3.png-1.png (2)
Rei, the Leila splice from before, but I changed the model entirely and made her nearly fully unique. She’s now got more of a personality than just a Leila splice, which is good enough for me tbh. As she’s one of the two characters I’ve stuck with over the years - The other being Zoramine - I wanted to make sure she was about as good as I could get. She was also a fun experiment to try 4 tone hairs, as I love what Busk does with his reds.

Oh, right, neither of these are F2U OR F2E. Reference yes, touch absofuckinlutely not.

I updated my Fields tileset with a bunch of pieces all basically requisite for using my Thracia maps - Half stairs, horizontal stairs, a small ledge used in that one giant castle-village map, sand cliffs and sand pathing. I also added more tree connectors to properly make everything, and fixed a bunch of mapchip config errors. Older maps MAY be affected by this, so please compensate. These changes are worth the hassle, absolutely.

FlailKni
Nobody fixed the Flail Knight, which had a bugged animation order, so I went and fixed it along with adding alternate palette for all 4 teams.
Here’s what the old one looked like:
lorm_sp1

Bowzerkr

I got around to working on the Hawkzerker with Bow, based off the Barbarian animation. Someone else said they’d do it, but I have 0 sense of patience. Also comes with 4 palettes.

22 Likes

Zora’s grand return. Welcome back, I hope your break was restful and that you got things done.

A note: The Hawkzerker you’ve posted is missing the Pauldron on its non-dominant arm.

Normal Berserker:

Hawkzerker:

Yours has neither pauldron. For the sake of integrating with the existing Hawkzerker anim folder, would you be willing to add the pauldron? Else I’ll have to put it in a whole separate folder :frowning:

Big thanks for both animations. The Flail Knight is actually usable now, which is great. It looks much better!

1 Like

I’ll look into the pauldron. It really was just ripped straight from the Barbarian out of sheer impatience, but I can get around to it when I’m not tired after working on Thracia maps for two straight weeks.

Which arm do you think would be important to have said pauldron on? Bowzerker doesn’t really HAVE a non dominant one.

The same arm as the Hawkzerker; the one on the left in that gif I posted.

1 Like

Can do. Ain’t gonna promise any timeframe, but I can see. Might even be tomorrow if I find time.

1 Like

Alternately, if you made two different versions, with the pauldron on either arm, then the normal Berserker AND the Hawkzerker would both have a bow animation. But that’s entirely up to you. Either way, you’re a swell person :+1:

i exist

6 Likes

You exist

we exist