Worst Weapons Across All FE Games (In Your Opinion)

Fates didn’t have weapon weight, but static stat penalties to speed are a functional equivalent. Steel weapons did have a speed penalty attached to them and those were reasonable. I guess they didn’t want silver weapons to have the same penalty as steel ones.

2 Likes

I’d rather have a flat stat debuff after combat that is easy to work around over a debuff of 3 to effective speed during combat tbh since doubling is a lot more important than raw strength.

3 Likes

There are scenarios where it really sucks to equip a silver weapon though. For example, if you get into multiple combats per turn.

1 Like

I most definitely agree with that-- One thing that’s basically Weight in other games against a stacking debuff that’ll make the unit useless for a large number of turns? I’ll take the weight penalty.

1 Like

You know… Trading exists right? If you’re going to face multiple combats a turn then trade the silver off of the unit after they do their attack on player phase. You shouldn’t be heading into a group of enemies solo anyway in Fates so it’s not a huge drawback at all, it’s the same with brave weapons too since they don’t work on enemy phase.

2 Likes

Fair enough. It isn’t something that cannot be worked around but it is certainly a significant annoyance for a measly 2 might buff over a +2 forged steel weapon. And switching items with another character still costs you one of your units turn.

1 Like

A +2 steel weapon is 2x as expensive as a silver weapon. By that logic you can just get a silver to +1 just as easy

1 Like

Maybe not a “weapon” but I often find the Recover Staff kind of useless. Most often, by the time you get it, anyone with enough rank to use it has enough Magic fully heal with a Heal or Mend Staff, so it never feels worth using an inventory slot or spending money on it. The only game where I regularly use the Recover Staff is FE4 on Master Knights. Both playable Master Knights have negligible magic stats but can use any staff in the game other than Valkyrie, so it’s a nice healing option on them. Also, in my first playthrough, Sylvia fell in love with Alec while I was trying to pair her with Claude, so I wound up loading up Corpre with staves that aren’t affected by magic, including Recover.

5 Likes

Now that you mention it, yeah. I really don’t use them either! Only Time I can remember using them was for late game FE5 and thats about it!

1 Like

Silver Blade is the worst weapon in every game FE6-FE10 because there is zero reason to ever use it. Too heavy to ever be the optimal choice, too low hit to be viable most of the time, and not available until the very end of the game in every appearance.
In the GBA games, a Silver Sword is comparatively -1 Mt, - 5 Wt, +20 Hit, +5 Uses, and 300G cheaper. Shedding 5 weight and gaining 20 hit and 133% the durability at the cost of only 1 might and also saving 300G in the process is never not the correct choice. In FE9, a Silver Blade is actually 75G cheaper than a Silver Sword and the stats are somewhat closer (-2 Mt & - 3 Wt, but still +20 Hit and also +10 Uses), but still not enough to make it a reasonable choice between the two. Then FE10 comes along and now the Silver Blade costs twice as much as the Silver Sword, the Silver Sword gains +5 Uses and loses 1 Mt and 1 Wt compared to FE9 and the Silver Blade gets 1 Mt and 1 Wt, but now the price difference is absurd enough to offset any buffs it gets as you can still buy 2 Silver Swords for the cost of 1 Silver Blade.
In most of these games you get at least 1 Silver Blade for free so the cost generally isn’t an issue and it’s something you can safely just ignore in your convoy for the rest of the game, but in FE8 specifically, the only way you’re getting a Silver Blade is by buying one, either from the ch14 secret shop during that chapter or repeatably on the world map after clearing ch19. In that shop it’s sold directly next to the superior Silver Sword, and in the first shop it’s competing with things like Physic and every promotion item. There is no reason to ever buy one, and little reason to ever use a free one

5 Likes

tenor-3366722383

to add to to what @theghostcreator said, the debuffs from weapons like Aurgelmir or Brave bow can get cleared by attack stancing. It’s not hard to do.

Honestly, Fates had by far and wide the best weapon balance/system in the series, and stronger weapons are useful but are situational…how they should be, and you don’t have to care about the chore that is weapon durability.

The game gives you alot of tools to deal with the drawbacks. You have to plan around them.

Yeah plan around it if you are planning to enemy phase?

2 Likes

I didn’t know that, that seems like a pretty legitimate workaround.

Recover is exp giver, not a heal staff lmao

3 Likes