Which vanilla FE character do you hate the most and why?

Ashe, I played Blue Lions first and let me tell you. He just doesn’t have a reason to be there. He is pretty average all around in everything he does. Sure he might be a “pure boi” , but he is just boring in my opinion.

3 Likes

Look at how this thread blossomed, all because of an opportunity to talk about things people don’t like

I don’t think Bernadetta is necessarily a good representation of anxiety in general, but in my opinion she definitely nails the “child of an abusive parent” mindset well.

I can’t stand Myrrh. It feels like, from a story perspective, that she’s just there to bring out Ephraim’s nasty siscon side so they can show how much of a good oniichan he is when Eirika-sama isn’t around.

Imagine being a Great Dragon, with a village worshipping you, and getting defeated by bandits of all people.

3 Likes

I mean yeah, Bernie’s not always awful. Sometimes she’s written like… y’know, and actual character? And I enjoy those moments to some extent. But overall, I hate her.

3 Likes

He might be a “pure boi”, but that’s literally all he is. I’m 100% with ya bud.

1 Like

I think Roy being weak is more compelling than the Uber “I am your best unit” Lords we get these days. Roy being bad is better gameplay/story integration as well. He’s one of my favorite Lords because I’m forced to use him, and because he is bad. It’s fun to work around and have to use different strats to protect and ferry him.

Least favorite character in terms of gameplay are probably the fe10 laguz and the 3ds beast units. Fe10 laguz are super nerfed sans volug and the royals, and I found them to be troublesome to use most of the time (Lethe, Mordecai, kyza, muarim, lyre, janaff ulki, Neal). The other beast units felt pointless and hard to justify using when they didn’t get much of anything for not participating in the triangle at one range.

As for writing, the fates cast on the whole is pretty bad. Peri is probably the worst, but I can’t really think of anyone character from that game I actually enjoyed reading.

I also dislike Samto and Shanam because their schtick is annoying IMO.

4 Likes

So many choices but off the top of my head: Chagall from FE4

He’s a prick, power hungry fool, kills Eldigan, and he’s WEAK both times you fight him.

3 Likes

This is a fairly interesting topic for me. On one hand the characters I like everyone hates. But on the other hand I like being angry about things. The rest of this post just me being angry about hinata from fates. To say I hate him is an understatement. I’ll keep it short because eventually I’ll start saying really bad stuff, I’ll also preface this with the fact that I’ve never finished birthright. hinata is a samurai with a 35% spd growth and 25% in any other of his classes. He’s built like a knight but cannot become one without corrin, has a minus -2 spd cap(which doesn’t matter but is really weird), garbage res, outclassed by Hana who is outclassed by Ryoma, makes a worse samurai than literally anyone, worthless personal skill, garbage namesake weapon and yet he gets by because birthright. Take literally any character, make them a samurai/trueblade and they are now better than hinata at it. Resident bench warmer, the man has no place in my army and if I had it my way he wouldn’t even be in the game.

1 Like

Eliwood in Fe6: Bern is doing what!? Ah I’m too cough sick cough go fight Bern for me son.

Hate this MF Gunther_portrait because i dunno about fe1-fe5 but from fe6 onward i never seen a Jagen who ******* betrayed Lord/MC and most importantly
he literally killed Crimson_portrait

1 Like

Honestly I saw Myrrh more as Ephraim’s magical pet rather than his imouto. He has Eirika. It’s not like he needs another one.

1 Like

Eirika is also on my hated list for the amount of whining she does, if she wasn’t a main lord I wound of killed her off, no problem

I’d have to say that I hate Micaiah.

Literally one of the weaker lords, shocker!
She’s responsible for some of the most painful maps that I have to deal with, or stupidest scenario ever of letting a certain “minor antagonist” get away, thus putting even more innocent lives at risk.
Only thing that makes her likeable in my eyes is that she’s still pretty unique as a lord, being a light magic lord, and her design.

3 Likes

Cries in “One Survives”.
God, that map was bad.

I don’t like Azura. The entirety of Valla is kinda dumb and it seeps into what little character she has. The game is hellbent on playing the mysterious angle and I really, really, do not care.

Camilla is pretty awful as well and everyone knows why, doubly so once the horny wears off…actually I kinda just hate the Fates royals. I’m tired of seeing their faces. Flora I don’t like either, I just don’t understand the appeal. She doesn’t really do much aside from…y’know…die. Maybe there’s something else there other than she pretty, I dunno. Don’t really care for Fates cast in general.

Heroes cast I don’t particularly care for because…well I don’t care about them, like at all. Act 3 kind of injected some character into them and by them I mean just Alphonse but too little too late. at least laegjarn is hot I guess

I don’t think I need to complain about FE8 more than I already do but to sum it up, I feel the same way about the cast as I do about the game itself, boring. There’s some exceptions I guess but it doesn’t really make me care any more. Eirika and Ephraim are especially boring leads as well. The different portrayals of Lyon based on who he’s talking to is a neat concept I guess.

Gameplay wise? Est and most of her archetype. Est herself can be fun in like 2 games probably because muh dragon knights and I like her character by proxy of being one of the peg sisters. (and even then she’s like the least interesting of three) It’s just 9 times out of 10, it’s not worthwhile and they don’t bring anything to the table that you don’t already have way better access to. Bonus points to Nino she’s extra garbage.

I was gonna lead off this post by saying that this is a difficult question for me because I don’t get particularly attached to characters in FE very often and that with a few exceptions on both extremes, there aren’t many characters that I super love or actively hate but clearly this ended up not being true given how massive this post turned out to be. Anyway, I hate the word and the concept behind “stan” but stan Minerva.

2 Likes

Camilla and Tharja are the only ones I really hate, I don’t think I need to explain why.

1 Like

Please do, some of us don’t know why you hate those characters so much

Spoilers

He was possessed by Anankos.

I know man, but still… to each his owns I guess

The thing they have in common is oversexualization so I would imagine that’s the inference to make. In Tharja’s case I don’t think it’s too bad, but I can see the problem people have with Camilla.

I not like at characters who appear early but not strong and bad growth rate and have no special skills.
For example, Lowen for FE7.

He’s a knight and looks like the protagonist of an adult game.(Has a hairstyle that hides his eyes)
He’s a young knight, so Making the player think that his growth rate is high.
However, he doesn’t grow too much.
If you try to raise him, you will feel very sad.

FE7 Guy is a similar unit.
He is too weak compared to FE6’s Rutger.
Perhaps Skill’s low growth rate is the reason why Guy has fallen short of Rutger.

17 Likes