What's your top 3 hacks that made you go "man I wish I could forget playing it so I can experience it again?" or "man I shoulda played it sooner?"

Was just curious and looking for hacks to play so heck why not right

7 Likes
  1. Icarly Emblem
  2. Blade of Darkness
  3. Super Thracia
7 Likes

Only one of the three I’m about to list have I actually full on finished, but I enjoy all three of them immensely.

1. Vision Quest by Pandan & Friends
  2. Darius the Conqueror by Zane E. Bender (just an FYI, due to his personal choice, this hack cannot be found on FEUniverse, you’ll have to look it up on YouTube for the download.)
  3. Myth of Blight by Helix0981.

All three of these hacks are great, extremely well balanced, but also extremely fun. I can recommend all of them.

6 Likes

Eligor’s Spear, Bells of Bylen, and Iron Emblem

6 Likes

Storge is honestly my favorite fire emblem game. I may have only have played it once but it felt like everything fire emblem should be without any of the drawbacks. I didn’t play enough romhacks to pick three tho.

2 Likes

My choice could be very odd, but I want to point out 3 OG hacks from my very first time joining the FE community, and they are still very awesome today.

1. The Last Promise
  2. Requiem
  3. FE7if
8 Likes

If I could only take 3, they would be the following… for now:

1. Last Promise ( Even though it is a game that has been around for a long time, I still enjoy it very much)
  2. The Sun God’s Wrath ( Very much introducing Skills and mechanics of Fire Emblem 5)
  3. The Souls of The Forest (1 Route is completed, I want to play the other route once is completed)

These are the 3 HacksROM that I would play again if or if in the future, there are other games that I would play in the future.
There is a ROMHack that I hope with desire, that they finish it, because I have enjoyed it a lot and I would play it again. “Bloodlines”

4 Likes

Really the main one is Server 72 ([LT] Server 72 [COMPLETE]), because the blind experience is absolutely key for it. A lot of awesome chapters to figure out with a huge array of tools, I could go back to it and try to solve it with different tactics, but knowing ways that work will always be in the back of my mind.

Then there’s The Dark Amulet ([FE8] [Complete] The Dark Amulet v1.6 (08/08/2024)) which is a very rare case of a hack where I’d be happy to experience the story a second time blind.

4 Likes

I would say:
I.- The Dark Lord and the Maiden of Light (Liked the story and the characters a lot).
II.- The Terror of the Forest (All hail Sylvester, terror of the forest).
III.- Code of the Black Knights (Again, liked the characters and story).
There are many others I would like to play again blindly, like The Last Promise, Dream for Five, Vision’s Quest, The Seven Siblings… but those three I’ve listed are the ones I liked the most so far.

2 Likes

You might want to remove that name. That game’s author and his works aren’t welcome here.

Yup, thought maybe no one would care much if I mentioned at least that hack, but better to avoid trouble. Gonna edit it rn.

1 Like

Sacred Echoes, Code of the Burger King, and FE6 no redundancy version.

2 Likes

Considering they’re now lost media, Deity Device and Saint’s Blood.

7 Likes

Only 2 so far tbh:

1. The Nameless Heroes

One of the most boundary pushing hacks I’ve ever played. Thracia mechanics including skills (not limited to 6, skill books, leadership stars and capturing, dyn. changing map objectives (seize to escape) changing map layouts (boats arriving), changing weather conditions (daytime to nighttime to fog)… Active skills similar to echoes of valencia, enemy reinforcements with status buffs (creative stuff, basically like a ninian / nils type buff but its presented like a morale boost by the enemy leader), defense maps with enemies that can bypass you… All existing of map objectives (seize, defeat all, defend, escape from enemy general who’s definitely going to kill you) and even a FE4 inspired map where you need to conquer multiple castles… Base camp where you get tons of character interactions and support convos, find out secrets, can potentially recruit new characters… Oh you want an early game plot twist? You have it. You name it, this hack probably has it.
Its not perfect but it was so impressive to play, and even to this day I’m baffled at what it achieved and how polished it was. Unfortunately its japanese and only translated until Chapter 8… But yeah even with that its the most enjoyable hack I ever played. Finished it in Autumn 2023

1. Souls of the forest

Just generally speaking really fun hack. Great characters and the story that was quite captivating too. I liked the gimmick of having insane growths, and every player and enemy character pretty much being a glass cannon… it made it very player phase heavy. Also introduced some insane class based passive buff items, like for example an item that always gives heroes the brave effect, or another item that gives swordmasters galeforce. Its over the top but in a fun and challenging way… Until the final chapter, that one was truly a headscratcher. Otherwise a great and unique experience. Finished it in Summer 2023

6 Likes

If I have to pick only three, I will go with:

1. Shackled Power by Sphealnuke
  2. Deity Device by Permafrost
  3. Dark Lord and the Maiden of Light by TytheBub

Although I have others that didn’t make into the cut, like Vision Quest by Pandan, Terror of the Forest by Zeldacrafter, the Phantom King by RandomMercenary and [REDACTED] by [REDACTED].

3 Likes

Haven’t completed any of these yet (life problems and procrastination) but it’d have to be the following:

1. Drums of War by Parrhesia
  2. Starlit Souls by Amberstorm
  3. Bells of Byelen by LegendofLoog

These are also fantastic:

• The Dark Amulet by Vorgus
  • Vision Quest by Pandan
  • Dream of Five by Parrhesia
  • Celestaris by VelvetKitsune
  • Souls of the Forest by Scraiza

I may elaborate further on those 3, but I make no promises.

2 Likes
  1. Fe Girls
  2. Fe 7 if
  3. idk

I have a weird taste but man I had a fucking blast playing these.

2 Likes
  1. Dark Lord and The Maiden of Light, 10/10 romhack!

2. Darius the Conqueror, 10/10 romhack!, check youtube for it.

3. cant say name or else mod police will jail me. :mask:

4. The Dark Amulet, 10/10 romhack! latest perfect hack that i played.

Would be really nice if we could get 1 of those Men in Black memory wipe devices to enjoy great content like the 1st time again… :joy:

Y’know, dancing around it without explicitly saying the name is no different than… explicitly saying the name.

As for the actual question, the only hack that I’ve completed recently was AUC so I’ll go with that.

7 Likes

i wish i could forget all romhacks so i never have to interact with any of you miserable chowderheads again

11 Likes