What was the worst fire emblem plot twist ever?

What was the worst/most poorly executed plot twist ever it can be from a main game or hack but please mark spoilers for the game you are talking about

1 Like

This scene with Juni in TRS still makes me burst a blood vessel thinking about it

5 Likes

how is this a plot twist?

Because Juni is dark skinned and the ending reveals that she actually isn’t but instead it’s… her covering her skin with dirt???

I personally just think the scene is horrible and that a character’s skin tone is a plot twist is baffling

19 Likes

wait wtf

6 Likes

The worst plot twist imo is the Gunter is the sus impostor in Rev. Like that whole plot thread exists because Valla has no plot besides “go to castle and fight guys” so they just shoehorned a crappy plot twist that is obvious because Gunter suddenly reappears in cutscenes.

Wouldn’t be as bad if they didn’t take away a unit (scarlet) permanently cuz of it.

12 Likes

yeah I hated the fact that fate removed units in cutscenes with no warning

1 Like

KAGA NO THAT’S TOO BASED YOU’RE GONNA GET SUED

2 Likes

The SpotPass Paralogues from Awakening.

Especially the Paralogue 20.

1 Like

the fact that omega incel Hardin wasn’t the bad guy of FE3/12 but he was actually being controlled by the Darksphere… then the plot reverts back to FE1… but without Nyna… And Marth’s character arc…

THIS is the reason why I think FE3 never had a good story and people are doing the equivalent of complaining that stale bread got mold on it when saying that FE12 ‘‘ruined the story’’ there was no story to begin with…

8 Likes

OH NO MY DAD DIED

7 Likes

Birthright/Rev revealing that the Hoshidan royals aren’t really his blood relatives in the S-supports just so that Corrin can marry them. It undermines the entire premise Fates was marketed on (choosing between “real” and adopted family), and the way it comes out is always super unsettling. “Mom told me she had a vision we would fall in love, so she told me I’m not her real son/daughter so that it wouldn’t be weird when it happened.” Thanks Mom.

9 Likes

I don’t know if I’d say it’s the absolute worst, and it may not count so much on account of being sort of a retroactive example that was also kinda locked in due to the game it’s a problem in being a remake, but FE15’s whole early-game theming of “a person’s birth station has no bearing on their worth or ability” is sort of grievously undermined by Alm later turning out… not to be of common birth after all.

Again, I understand this is something where they sort of wrote themselves into a corner 'cause that’s not really something they could easily retcon out in a remake, but it ultimately still results in a narrative setup that’s rather… at odds with itself

13 Likes

I heard that Ephraim survived Valter’s attack in chapter 5x is a bad plot twist too?

knowing very little about trs besides its a kaga game and one of the few characters from it i know being Juni

what the fuck

Erika giving the Sacred Stones to fake Lyon.

3 Likes

I don’t remember that one

It was in Chapter 18 in Sacred Stones In Erika’s route

1 Like

oh that’s why. I haven’t played eirika’s route

Ephraim route is Better.

1 Like