What topics would you like to be covered in a febuilder video tutorial

I have around 4 or so videos based on how to use febuilder. Are there any topics that the community would like me to cover in the future?
Maybe I could add them to this year’s fee3.

4 Likes

Do you happen to have a tutorial “How to Create and Script a Chapter, best way” video?

2 Likes

How broad does the subject have to be? Can it be something big like “Item Editor Tutorial”, or something small like “How To Set Custom Chapter Titles”? Or both?

1 Like

Definitely some common questions such as where Vanessa and Moulder are and if it’s safe to expand class table and such since builder still has that warning and requires you to enable the option

2 Likes

My FEBuilder FAQ is full of things that are, well, frequently-asked questions in the FEBuilder help channel on Discord.

2 Likes

In my own 16 min creating a ch video, I believe I briefly covered this stuff:

• Using FE map creator
  • Skip opening
  • Simplify start event to only LOAD players + enemies
  • Custom names / text
  • Setting classes / items / coords in unit placer
  • Creating a new class with anim
  • Village + event
  • Recruit ally
  • New tileset
  • Snags
  • Using the debugger

I chose these topics to cover because they are common things new users want to do, and they’re simple enough to cover in the limited time before people get bored and stop watching. There are some things I glossed over or skipped that people would find helpful if you covered it, and some overlap is to be expected.

I recommend that you have a clear goal for each video and think about the minimum you need to cover for someone to achieve that. Then consider useful extra knowledge that you can trickle in. Once you have an outline, start rehearsing one section of the video (1 - 2 mins of it) and then record that part, ending in the main feb window each time. If you dislike the take, delete it and try again, and keep doing this for each section until you’re ready to stitch them together. I spent a couple hours making the aforementioned video in this manner and I think it has had a positive impact on the community. Of course, you may have your own video making method that works for you, but I thought I’d share mine in case it’s helpful.

4 Likes