What’s your hottest FE take?

I find most new FE hacks to be pretty boring to play and lose interest relatively quickly apart from a few of the more gameplay oriented hacks that have a clear gameplay idea they were going for above all else, like Hope’s Trail or Iron Emblem. It may just be me getting older and having less time on my hand, but i recall having lots of fun with the simple old Nightmare era hacks like the 2 Gheb ones, the Zombie Hack and Corrupt Theocracy in spite of their shortcomings. Nowadays it just feels like most people try way too hard to be unique and it ends up all feeling the same.

2 Likes

I think how child units were done in FE4 and Awakening were great and wouldnt mind seeing them return in a similar capacity in Engage (just stay away from how Fates did it)

4 Likes

Those hilariously unbalanced ones like fe7if, super thracia and that damn Chinese Fe? Man, These types of hacks can have an insanely fun ride and rewarding experience imo. My absolute fav was Fe girls, it was one of the most fun and also the most stressed I had in an fe game or game that I’ve had played. The main beauty of the hack is that forces you by it’s difficulty but when you actually do it and complete that one heck of a mess of a chapter. The feeling’s so good that it keeps you prepared and hyped up for another painfully hard chapter.

1 Like

Arden x Ayra is strictly better than Lex x Ayra

The stat spread for the kids is nearly the same, both parents give Vantage, and Ulster can benefit from inheriting swords. Meanwhile Paragon, the biggest boon they get from Lex, is IMO wasted on two units that have high Str, Def and Spd as well as Vantage and Astra, so they will have no problem at all enemy-phasing armies out of existence. Having faster growth is absolute overkill or them and would be better spent on units who do have trouble getting kills, like Patty or Lene and Coirpre.

1 Like

I LIVE AND DIE AMBUSH SPAWNS BABY IT’S SO REALISTIC AND STUFF YEAH

3 Likes

Fe relies too much on nostalgia

Reclassing was a mistake [outside branch promos if you count that as reclassing, I do not]

7 Likes

My hot take is that hot takes are inherently bad as they’re made and stated to be purposefully inflammatory often times and only end up further dividing us especially in a series as varied as FE.

6 Likes

That’s a cold take

Super Thracia and Blume patch >>>> vanilla FE5

1 Like

A few new ones for me are.

1. Any remake of Genealogy will likely exclude 776 due to how much it would effect gameplay balance due to recurring units gaining extra exp, items, and money.

2. Any Remake of Binding Blade will likely go through re-write hell due to the sheer amount of story inconsistencies there are due to Blazing Blade releasing second.

3. Finally, Engage’s story wasn’t that bad if don’t compare it against stories written by some of the memebers of this very community.

I have more but am unfortunately unable to remember most of them currently.

3 Likes

Hot take: fun should be prioritize vs balance

2 Likes

Thats a cold take

1 Like

you’d be surprised. not that balance isn’t part of fun ofc

All fire emblem games/hacks should have a casual mode.

4 Likes

90% of vanilla gba animations are bad and should be replaced

KNIGHT.

Man… I am still getting replies to this post :upside_down_face:

I have literally been focusing on work instead of FEU, yet I still get email notifs to this post… damn

Anyways my hot take is that conquest has best FE ending because you bump into Camilla’s boobs. There

3 Likes

My hot take is that animation smoothness is better than animation realism.

4 Likes

Fire Emblem could serve to be a lot gayer, like not just in a player directed way but directly in supports before you hit the end card.

Also I don’t want an FE4 remake, I think FE4 has the worst story in the series and I don’t think it can be saved by a remake.

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s a hot take, but FE’s support system has held it back so hard from becoming an immersive character-building experience.

It delegates all the focus on several conversations as if most people will form a bond from 3 or 4 short conversations.

A meal, a sparring match, a footrace on the beach, give us a different format already.

2 Likes