What got you into Fire Emblem?

me neither lmao

2 Likes

Always loved Srpgs since i was a kid, one day a friend i was hanging out with loads up a game on her Pc and asks me if i want to play, saying it was a good srpg from japan. Turns out she made me play the Manster arc of Thracia on Paragon mode blind, with only a menu translation which was rough, but ever since i’ve been hooked on the series having beating every game that has a battle forecast lol.

1 Like

i let my friend borrow my copy of 9 hours 9 persons and 9 doors and virtue’s last reward, so she let me borrow her copy of fe fates: conquest (oh, like that rpg game people blogging about their waifus and husbandos). i loved the gameplay surprisingly and it stuck with me forever playing on my 3ds.

this was around 2016 i think, who knew a game series(as well as video game genre) would last in me for like 5-ish years now.

2 Likes

sometimes game series just “click” ya know, you get hooked once and bamp never let go, doesn’t hurt that fe has such a buzzling fandom with access to ways on making more of the product (fan hacks).

1 Like

It was in the early 2000s, maybe one or two years after the European release of Fire Emblem Sacred Stone

I was still a kid, and one of my friend at school was over-hyping me a game he was playing on the GBA (Sacred Stone), and because of him I though for years that you could recruit Selena before the creature campaign !

I was so hyped but sadly I didn’t had a GBA but some months later, when my mom bring back from works an old computer that was going to the bin, I discovered GBA emulation and I finally played FE8.
And I absolutely loved what was my first tactical rpg, and FE8 still have a big place in my heart until today ! :smile:

With that, and trying some other game of the series (FE7 and 6 on emulator, and FE9 and 10 on the gamecube/wii) Fire Emblem became my favourite video game series. And with my friend that introduced to FE, we had a lot of discussions about the game in school and middle school, we were even inventing our own Fire Emblem on paper, with maps and new classes ! :laughing:

1 Like

I feel like I’m one of the only people who played FE7 on release.
Coincidentally, I think I was 7.
My best friend had a lot of vidya games and I’d borrow them sometimes. I think she specifically asked me to help her beat chapter 13 or 14 of FE7. naturally, because I had never played it before and was 7, I did poorly. I played it again the next year and discovered how easy Normal Mode was if you just looked at the numbers lol.

3 Likes

it also did what most FE fail to do: Made the armor dude good xD

But yeah that campaign was good, it made me the SRPG fan i am today.

2 Likes

Same here, I still have my physical copy! I think I got a used copy at gamestop for pretty cheap, was probably around the same age. I remember Cog of Destiny being really hard, missing units because I had no idea how to recruit them. Access to the internet was insane, suddenly learned how to recruit characters like Guy and Vaida.
I picked up FE8 afterwards, but FE6 was the big deal to me. I remember fiddling on my computer trying to learn how to emulate it and how happy I was when I figured out how to patch the english translation. There were people uploading content to youtube and it was so strange to me that there is this GBA game that looks like FE7 and 8 but I can’t buy it in the states.

2 Likes

Back in 2013/2014 I first heard about FE after getting obsessed with Advance Wars and playing every AW game. The comparisons made me try it but I was dumb and my English was bad so I gave up on the start of FE7. Years later (end of 2015 I guess) I was looking for gba roms to play and came across FE7 again, decided to give it another chance and fell in love with it but began playing Sacred Stones after getting stuck in the Final Chapter: Light. Finished FE8, played through FE7 from the beginning and finished it, then some time later played FE6. Found about the FE gba hacks and got obsessed with them, the rest is history.

2 Likes

I heard about fire emblem long time ago, but never had any interest on it. Years later I bought Nintendo Switch, and decided to buy FE Three House, get hooked to it.
Then go back and played the rest of the Series. When searching for some tips i found this site and here I am playing all complete hack (minus reskin hack).

3 Likes

I played Advance Wars back in the days like around 10 years ago.So back at that time somebody informed me that there is a game which is similar to Advance Wars called Fire Emblem.So I searched it on youtube but I didn’t liked the gameplay.But when covid-19 arrived I didn’t had much games to play I remembered Fire Emblem so I played through Fe7 tutorial & I was still confused so I continued my play thorough & when I got what the game is about.So I started to play to fe6 & I really loved the story & the gameplay was good to begin with.
That’s how I became Fe fan.

3 Likes

Advance Wars (2 specifically) was also my gateway into FE. After finishing AW2, I noticed a similar-looking game except it’s medieval fantasy. I ended up liking it more, a lot more. And from that new love for FE7, I would learn about the whole series.

2 Likes

My dad owned a videostore and I often went with him to grab the movies and games for the store.

One day the game seller talked to me about Fire Emblem, the new big thing on Game Boy Advance. I grabbed the game out of curiosity and I got hooked harder than he could’ve ever predicted.

1 Like

Smash Melee was my introduction to FE even existing (like many others), and picked up FE7 day one when I learned the west was getting a game finally (pretty sure I learned Blazing Sword was coming through Nintendo Power). I thought Roy was the coolest character in SSBM back then, and was a bit disappointed we didn’t get him or Marth in the game, but I was hooked to FE nonetheless.

FE7 wasn’t my first tactics game though, that goes to Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars. My brother got the game, but I’m the one who played through and beat it lol.

I can give you a fake answer and the real answer.

The fake answer is that I never understood fire emblem and when I saw that Corrin reveal trailer for smash way back when. I was fascinated by the series thinking it’s a choice based strategy game and got into Awakening to await Fates.

Real answer. I saw Camilla. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

i played a little of fates conquest and stopped at chapter 20 cuz it was crazy hard lol and my potato lappy cannot handle this chapter if i play slowly

have you considered playing on real hardware :joy:
pretty sure a citra-capable computer is more expensive than a used 2ds

edit: realized this sounds mega-bitchy. I mean this in the nicest way possible

Cuz it’s free lol

First exposure was Marth and Ike in Brawl, but didn’t know much about the series other than “it was an RPG” which I thought that meant is was like Final Fantasy, which wasn’t the kind of game to interest 10-year-old me, so I didn’t dig any deeper.

A few years later I discovered The Completionist on youtube, and began watching through a few of his videos. Eventually I found his FE7 video, and the game’s tactile nature and art style really appealed to me, so I stayed up to like 2:00 am watching a Lyn mode let’s play of the game. I soon looked into the game to figure out what console it was on, only to realize that it was for the GBA and I had “no way” to play it (I was like 13, no money, didn’t know about emulation).

Another couple years pass, and I’m looking through the Wii U eshop because I was bored and looking for something new, when I noticed all the old virtual console games. My first thought upon seeing the GBA section was to put Fire Emblem in the search bar.

That was 4 years ago, and I’m sure you can guess what 's happened since.

1 Like
well that’s quite embarrassing

a r34 fan art made me wonder who they are

8 Likes