What got you into Fire Emblem?

Fairly simple. I was locking for information about Advance Wars and found Mang’s channel. Then I found his content on Fire Emblem and eventually I downloaded Fe7.

2 Likes

The first game I ever beat in my life was Final Fantasy Tactics when I was a little kid. It made me adore tactics games and when my uncle would come into town he’d always take me to Rhino Games and get me a game. I saw the box for Fire Emblem when it had first come to America and instantly fell in love with it. The sprites were so unique and beautiful. I got hooked ever since.

1 Like

Once upon a time I was a small child playing Smash Bros Brawl. I didn’t give Marth and Ike a second thought and all I cared about were the Mario characters.

Then I bought a 3DS the day it was first released, meaning I was eligible to download a pile of free games. One of those just so happened to be Sacred Stones.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

2 Likes

I think it’s because fates and shadow dragon happened. I remember when smash for 3ds was still getting DLC, Corrin was announced and showed a bit of footage. I remember looking at the fates trailer so many times after that but since I was a kid, I didn’t have any money and there were other things I wanted for chrismas so I never had it.

Jump to a few years later (2017-2018) Fire Emblem suddenly jumped back into my head so I looked for my shadow dragon copy only to realize I lost it. So fates jumped back into my head and so I went to get a Nintendo eshop card and saw fire emblem echoes on the shelves. I then realized it was the newer game and so I bought a digital copy of that instead.

I’d say that’s how I truly got into fire emblem. It’s kind of funny that if it wasn’t for fates and shadow dragon I probably wouldn’t have gotten as into fire emblem as I did.

1 Like

Searching for ROMs to play, I find “Fire Emblem” (FE7) on the list and I thought “That’s a cool name, what is it about?” and now I am here.

2 Likes

Was playing Evoland 2 and really really loved the SRPG part and i went all “i want more of that” and more of that was FE :smiley:

1 Like

Started with Heroes due to a recommendation from my sister’s friend.

Later I tried FE7, liked it well enough, dropped it during Lyn mode though.

First mainline game I played significantly was the FE1 switch release which made me a fan of the series.

2 Likes

I played brawl and really liked Ike (if I was older, my answer likely would’ve been “I played melee”)
To this day I main Ike in smash 4 and ultimate

Yo Evoland 2 is my favorite video game of ALL TIME so it’s sick to see representation here

This isn’t too relevant but the Campaign for Demonia in e2 (the SRPG part) is actually really good, I had more fun with that than I did with most mainline FEs

3 Likes

A friend introduced me to FEH soon after it released. After playing FEH on and off for a few months I discovered the FE1 LP through the FEH community, which motivated me to try out my first mainline game.

It was FE3, because I wanted to re-enact the aforementioned LP. It went just about as well as you’d expect.

2 Likes

OH MY GOD THAT LP, that is the crown jewel of the Fire Emblem fandom. It’s a crime against humanity that it only lasted four chapters.

As for me… My brother gave me a computer full of GBA and DS games when I was seven. I played the fuck out of Advance Wars. Then one day I find this weird game that’s in English only, so I don’t understand it, but it’s like RPG AW. Unfortunately, I got the green-haired can’t-figure-out-if-they’re-a-man-or-a-woman protagonist killed in a fortress chapter, and since resuming my save only brought me back to their death, I assumed the run was lost and I gave up on it.

My computer got stolen and I never registered the game’s name, so for some years I sometimes remembered it and wanted to find it, but couldn’t think of how. About five years later, I’m browsing the forum of a Spain Let’s Play community, and what do I find but an SSLP of a game called Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones, in which I immediately recognize that game’s system! Later on I found out that the game I had played was called Blazing Sword, so I downloaded it, played it again, and to this day I still fucking love it and have played at least a couple chapters out of every game in its series.

3 Likes

An article in a videogame magazine. At the time I hadn’t been able to play Smash Bros Melee yet, so I hadn’t even met Roy or Marth through that game (did it shortly after, though).

I got it because the box art was cool

:sweat_smile: I was about 12 years old. I did look at the back of the box, too

10 Likes

Me discovering online emulators exist and then whilst playing all the childhood games there, I then decided to explore further and then stumbled into the ever glorious FE7, got attached to lyn, got in love with the animations, playing all the FE GBA games and then here I am almost 1 year later.

2 Likes

First exposure to anything FE related was Marth and Roy being in Smash Melee. Then FE7 came out in the west and it was my 1st game. Then thanks to ROMs played 6 then came across @MageKnight404 playing 4 and 5 on YouTube then played them myself. Been hooked on the series ever since.

3 Likes

I got into FE when there was a 3ds ambassador program that came along.

While enjoying the game, I wanted to see more of it. So started to go on watching youtube about and then suddenly hacks and made me enjoy Fire Emblem.

2 Likes

FE11, I saw some discussion about the game series and got interested. Ended up deciding to play FE11 and I had fun since grid = fun for me.

And now i’m a deadbeat romhacker with 2 and soon to be 3 romhacks to my name

sometimes, the most innocuous decisions can truly lead you down wack paths

2 Likes

Smash bros

2 Likes

Randomly browsking for ROMs to play on an emulator because I was bored. Saw “Fire Emblem” (FE7), thought “Ok, sounds like a nice game”.

Thought Lyn mode was the entire game.

That statement is objectively invalid.

3 Likes

BUT JAY, I thought you were a Fates Stand, surely a Fates stand should like everything and anything about Fates…

I actually never played it lol.

2 Likes