What do you guys want from a Fire Emblem Binding Blade Remake?

What do you guy’s want from a binding Blade Remake?

I want…

Roy’s personality

More screen time for character screen time.

Mostly…

Pairing Support Endings!

What about you?

3 Likes

I want the Support Ending the most.

2 Likes

Improved Quality, DLC Side Story for Al and Crew from the FE6 Manga, Memory Prisms, Debias being Recruitable (Feel the Oliver), Black Fang being mentioned, and where they were during FE6, Solo and Paired Endings with certain characters and that’s about it.

I brought this over from the other tread and it was mine. Felt this is appropriate to do so.

1 Like

Sue being the best unit in the game

suepremacy

3 Likes

(Shes also my Waifu…)

1 Like

She always will be!

1 Like

Support endings.
Skills (maybe)/more varied Growth rates so the characters could all fell unique. (Yep 5% is not enough to make our christmas boys varied.

2 Likes

Double the map sizes, add 20 more of them

Add in default skillsystems

And most of all, for Roy to promote earlier

In the tutorial map

I am obviously a paragon of game design and IS should hire me already

5 Likes

the guy’s asking for an fe6 remake not an fe4 remake

1 Like

make roy promote earlier

Avatar character to steal what little personality Roy has left

3 Likes

Let Mark AND Lyn return!!!

2 Likes

An even harsher hard mode.

1 Like

I was kind of surprised that Lilina wasn’t all that important when I played FE6 for the first time because she was on the box and promotional material usually uses her to represent FE6 alongside Roy (does anyone else remember the original FE x SMT teaser that just showed a bunch of official art of the lords?). She was also hanging out with Lords from across the series in several Awakening DLC maps. So I’d like to see Lilina promoted to the game’s deuteragonist as well as have her accompany Roy the entire game rather than returning to Ostia and being imprisoned (she really should be there when Hector is found barely alive). It would also give Roy someone who was more of an equal to bounce off of rather than him just being told what to do throughout the game.

5 Likes

Your right! The plot must be changed! Some parts can stay but others can’t! like what you said. She’s like those other characters. I know mangs wouldn’t like that idea but they really need to fix storyline!

1 Like

Lilina should at least have a prf in the remake, like Caeda has the Wing Spear on FE11/12. I mean, they fulfill the same role. Roy promote earlier. Merlinus must gain levels in a similar way to FE7. Lyn must be mentioned and possibly Sue can have the Mani Katti (or a bow version of Mani Katti perhaps?).
References to Caelin, the Black Fang (specifically Nino), Lucius in Araphen and maybe Lowen being referred or appearing as a pre-promote. Maybe Clarine’s Mag buffed in a reference to Pent being the Mage General, Cecilia definitely should be buffed though. Sophia should be buffed or get a custom class (maybe something similar to FE8 Summoner?). Also hit rates and tome weight should be improved to be close or the same as FE7/FE8.

3 Likes

just gonna have one of these for every game I guess, community threads!
idk, rebalance hit rates to not be ass
finish up some unfinished/undeveloped threads (galle)
flesh out characters more
(which would be tricky bc that’s easier with a smaller cast and FE6 is the literal opposite extreme of this, focus on some villains I guess)
make the endgame not suck
make the late game not suck
actually design hard mode this time

and yes yes make roy promote earlier blah blah blah
idfk go outside nerds

1 Like

As I said in the fe4 remake thread, for IS to remake a good game

4 Likes

Let’s start with the obvious: better hit rates. Honestly the biggest problem with FE6 for me is the low% hit on many weapons. Sure, a nice side effect of this is swords and bows being preferred in GBA, but that still doesn’t change how bad hit rates can get.

Lilina really should have more relevance in the story, since like half of the first arc of FE6’s story is U-turning from Bern to Ostia to make sure she’s safe, after which she doesn’t see relevance unless you A support her with Roy or something. On the bright side, I think IS already knows about this (based on her getting a lot more attention in Heroes) and if/when FE6 is remade, she will get more relevance, maybe like L’Arachel from FE8.

While I wouldn’t mind more homages to Gant/Al/Tina, I don’t think they should become mainstays of the cast. FE6’s cast is already bloated.

With the route splits, the player should have more agency about it, like for the Ilia/Sacae split, the relevant character(s) talk to Roy advising him to go to their country and the player chooses.

Paired endings are probably going to happen, it’s been a staple since the prequel. Even so, I wish the game kind of hints which characters get paired endings.

Someone brought up memory prisms, which would flesh out the 20 year jump from FE7 to FE6, like why did light magic become more exclusive, or Karla’s final moments.

I suppose I have other stuff I want, but it’s slipping my head right now.

1 Like

Roy promoting earlier is so obvious me saying it would be redundant, but I also think IntSys should take another look at characters like Gwendolyn and Sophia who are essentially unusable in the vanilla game and… not “make them good”, exactly, but give them some gameplay reason you’d use them, even if doing so still doesn’t make sense in “optimal” play. Buff their growths so they at least get an Est-like zero-to-hero sort of level-up trajectory instead of zero-to-meh. If the remake adds Skills, giving them eye-catching personal skills might be another way to make them more worthwhile.

I’m actually fine with Thieves not promoting, since it reinforces their status as support/utility units, but if a promotion is added for Thieves, I think Rogue for Chad and Cath and Assassin for Astolfo is the most sensible thing to do there.

I do think giving Lilina a bit more prominence would be nice, but I guess she’s supposed to be like Caeda; important to the main protagonist and able to recruit multiple characters from the enemy side, but ultimately still treated by the gameplay as an ordinary expendable unit.

Paired endings are something I don’t think even needs asking for since it’s pretty likely IntSys is gonna do that for an FE6 remake whether any member of the fanbase wants them to or not.

3 Likes