Velvet's (Spritey) Kritter Kompendium

waitting for you add mini mug for stefan :smiley:

1 Like

Pelleas be like “No bitches?” :pensive:

2 Likes

Welp, thing!

SaoirseBattleSprite

…those are indeed terrible attempts at guns, and yes, she does have a robotic leg. Saoirse is, in fact, a cyborg. I’m already dreading doing a spritesheet with my absolute laziness.

I’m uhm… also sorta debating with myself if I’ll toss up all of my character portraits as open source sorta thing. The only real caveat would be ‘please recolour or edit them first’. I mean, free to use sure, but I’m also using my characters for everything, so if it’s not supposed to just be my character (Which would be fine if you wanted to use the character I s’pose) so it’d be good if they were actually distinct in some way.

…i bumbled on again, I’ve no idea if what I said makes sense.

11 Likes

So Saoirse’s got herself a proper animation now.

Gun

Was rather fun to do up, hehehe. I’ll be tossing spritesheet up the top as usual and will probably be releasing the animation properly at some point. You’ll see that the shooting effecty things are supposed to be gold in the spritesheet, but are just her skin colour in the animation, I don’t actually know what happened there since there seem to be the right amount of colours, but eh, it works well enough for what I need it to.

17 Likes

I’m sure everyone will love me for this!
HandyHand
Not even Fire Emblem is safe from your nightmares.

might shrink it a bit and uh… possibly mulitiply it.

20 Likes

Oh god, not again, please no.

2 Likes

Boredom and scribblies, the best combination!.. Probably.

RinDemonGhostCatLudgerZen

As per my weirdness, while they’re in the style of Fire Emblem GBA they’re not really made to fit hackboxes as is and don’t have limitations on colour, I just use however many colours I want to and squish later if I want to toss them ingame.
…I have just noticed that Rin (fur coat guy) looks a bit like a certain person’s avatar. That was unintentional, ahaha… Rin’s a rather old character of mine from… 10 years ago now, woah.

Anyways, if you want to bother fixing them up for game use feel free to use them, but I’m too lazy to since I seem to style them in a certain way for my romhacks.

want to do more halfbodies, too lazy to do halfbodies, in the time it takes for me to unlazy enough to do a halfbody i could have half a second scribbly done. laaaaaaaaazy.

12 Likes

More scribblies?
SurmaIngolfMiNyeoKathyNzeruIxquic
many fluffy ears.
And a rather rare male character! Oooh.
I’m never consistent with shading am I? I always want to try something new, and then get bored halfway through and don’t end up going back to it.
excuse me while i die from exhaustion over there. Have a good day everyone! Ahaha…

11 Likes

Your recent stuff is looking so lovely and confident, excellent work. You’re especially good at making hair feel very full and soft, and your work has a very unique aesthetic to it. Please keep up the great work!

5 Likes

Hope you will do minimug and blink, frame for them :3

1 Like

Boredboredboredbored. Have an android-flavoured character!
Miria

…this is not secretly a mecha-Eirika, sorry to dash your dreams. I just wanted to make a bit of a homage character to The Guardian Legend, an NES game.

would be neat if i had proper time to do actual stuff. aw. I want to scribble more weirdos.

15 Likes

Feel a bit bored and just sorta wanted to toss random stuff up. I do variants for characters sometimes because variants are just fun to do. Who knew! …Well, I probably know because I’m doing them, but there’s a possibility I might actually just be a sentient cheese in a jar so it’s hard to tell.

All of there are… 2-5 years old? Hard to remember, the pandemic screwed with my sense of time a lot.

YanbingXieSprite

A Jiangshi! Doesn’t really remember things at all (sounds familiar), wanders into places at random, including a villain’s hidden lair somehow, and she likes potatoes, a lot. Doing things with her is hilarious.

NottSprite

Bit of a smug dork, her cream-like hair colour was fun to play with. I definitely suck at clothes though, unless they’re suits, I’m not totally terrible with suits, probably why I just put so many characters into suits.

Lyre

Hat! The little armour collar thing that I cannot remember the actual name for was rather fun to do from what I recall, also, multi-coloured hair is fun, curse you, GBA with your 16 colour limit!

LucisHarldon

Aaaand a coat worn on one side and not totally on the other, pretty sure I had Auron on my mind when doing this.

Snarlmane

…And because I can not exist without the fluffy things I must do something with that. A Gnoll. In armour. He is a good boy. Further ear was shortened a bit after doing this.

I might toss up other ‘moderately old and not completely horrendous’ sprites later, dunno!

13 Likes

More random stuff, mostly old stuff from the same general time frame as previously, though, to start with… Not really that many ladies in romhacks that I’ve seen that are older, and also not many with scars… so time to fill in both niches, I guess!

Nephtys

+1 Wolf Knight! Older and younger variant since I did the younger one before aging her up. Still not too used to wrinkles, so likely a bit strange with that and scars making things a bit crowded.

HuotouSprite

Weird dragon, creepy mask. She loves to be the centre of attention.

LithSprite

Shiny starry hair, ooooh… Does it count as cheating if I used GIMP for the hair? Definitely not fitting into GBA like this!

SeongMin

Another bit of a dork, if you look at the hair you might be thinking ‘Hey, Cheshire Cat.’ and you’d be right, well, you know. I just have a whole set of ‘Alice in Wonderland’ themed characters-- this one likes to play pranks, not quite as smart or weird as the Cheshire Cat, but she can at least do that ‘disembodied voice’ thing.

Maybe next time I’ll do characters with updated sprites so I can suffer more at how much more terrible they used to be, how fun!

12 Likes

Well, time to suffer again! Just like I said, old and new side by side, kind of inconsistent which is which because I’m a derp with zero attention span.

Shizuka
Well, this one, uh… First version, the splice was like, 2012 when the world apparently imploded, second version which I don’t have anymore was a few months after that which… I’m happy I’ve lost with how terrible it was-- an early attempt at scratchy scribblies, then the ‘first’ version of the proper scratch version you see here was 2015, then I updated her, mostly the robe like, last year. Fun to see how sprites evolve, even if looking at old oves makes you want to remove your eyes. Thinking now I don’t even think that’s the very first variant. Huh.

LennaYurena
Top are old, bottom are new-- all are full custom… I think? Lenna’s armour may’ve been stolen from one of the FE6/7 Pegasi, but it’s been too long to remember. Originally done either 2014/2015, then also updated like last year.

Lillian
Can’t even remember the original time for this one, but again, last year updated, maybe two years ago-- Originally an OC for an FE10 RP or something, but of course I got super busy at the time and never could use her for that. Was a Wolf Laguz branded at the time, from the desert and all… so when updating I also redid her skin tone because generally being melted by the sun would make your skin darker and I was too dumb to think about it before.

ShureiAkiyama
Shurei (blonde) didn’t get much of an update, but Akiyama (brunette) definitely needed it. If you’ve noticed I’m very good at being lazy and finding places to reuse parts of my old sprites-- I did the fox ears first for Velvet (avatar/self insert/whatever) like, 2016 or something and keep tossing them on a bunch of foxgirls so I can use less effort and make more stuff. Efficiency!

YamiSprite
Aaaaand last for now.
I like suits. I like suits a lot. Definitely very updated, very very updated. Illusion magic to hide her fluffiness to blend in more with normal humans and all that.

Fun to reminisce at least, even if I need to bleach my eyes. Hah. I’d like to say I’m less worse, but it’s hard to say.

12 Likes

More stuff, how quaint.

SloaneNemesisLiadain
BEHOLD. The pale trio. One is pale because of her race, one is pale because she’s a shut-in, and one is pale because she’s a bit dead.

aaand for older stuff, what should i dig up today… uh…
JieLinAutumnSprites
I remember these ones being rather fun to do, hehehe.

EirwenSprite
A derp! This dork does weird things like trying to eat anything she can get her hands on… but she’s also exceptional at picking up skills, at the expense of totally forgetting whatever her previous obsession was. Tragic.

BeowulfSprite
Aaaaand a lazy in a suit, he likes sleep. I also quite like sleep, sleep’s pretty good.

That’s it for today, lazy!

13 Likes

First and foremeost I am absolutely in love with your work!!! I was wondering if your portrait sprite for Akiyama is available anywhere? I’d love to use it as an Eirika replacement in my game lol

1 Like

Not quite as of yet outside of my main romhack, but I’ll probably be releasing her portrait separately at uh… some point whenever I can fix more portraits up a bit.

1 Like

Welp, these are building up so I may as well toss 'em. I just group the portraits haphazardly because why would I make sense? Every single character here is used for a PME, mostly as an excuse for me to stop lazing about and sprite more. Of course I’m going to ramble about the characters, probably partially just so I get them straight in my head, but have fun reading them if you want.

Poppy Lo Fon! Well, Kagetsu is Engage is one of my favourite characters of the game, so essentially I wanted to yoink his base character trope of ‘super friendly swordmaster that wants to be everyone’s friend.’ and build off of that.
Poppy

Leighton, Kali, and Sou’len-Ren ‘Lin’ Lo Fon.

Leighton is a bit unusual, she does Bishop things, has zero combat experience, but is stellar with light magic and has incredible detective skills, in a sense, for her ‘PME’ variant that should explain her Blossom skill as being more thorough, but picking things up better for it, all that. Oh, and she loves bunnies, she keeps bunnies in her church.

Kali is an immensely vengeful thunder mage and will explode at the smallest things, followed by trying to zap everything with extreme prejudice.

Sou’len-Ren, or Lin… well, she’s not related to Poppy, ‘Lo Fon’ a racial identity thing, like a clan name on a much larger scale. Lin, the Tiny Warchief, the leader of her race-- her entire race is full of battle maniacs, so they make good mercenaries and bodyguards… but if they try to do something like cook an egg? Say goodbye to your house. Lin is unnaturally strong, a racial trait taken to the extreme for her. It may look adorable for her to run and hop excitedly effortlessly in her heavy armours, leathers and furs, but if you think about the amount of strength needed for that? Terrifying. She looks cute… but she could probably take down dragons alone, even though she’s only 8.
LeightonKaliLin

Griffin Rider dad Eike and Feardorcha

Eike’s the dad of Ludger (Red hair, green armour a few posts above, but I ended up recolouring him a bit later). Still haven’t written much for him yet! How sad. Laaazy.

Feardorcha is essentially a zombie dragon, despite being a bit dead she’s rather polite and sophisticated, but is sick of people trying to ‘slay the dragon’.
EikeFeardorcha

Aaaand finishing off with Ten’kou ‘Tefran’ Lo Fon, Serket and uh… Serket again.

Tefran, again, ‘last name’ does not mean blood relation. He’s a transboy who has only especially socially transitioned, he’s very emotional and cries at the drop of a hat… and he got his hand stuck in a jar of beans once, that takes skill. I didn’t mention with the tiny warchief, but this race generally choses a nickname of sorts, just a weird cultural thing, they prefer not to tell those they’re not close to their real names, a sort of way for them to detach themselves a bit more in case they become enemies.

Serket and Serket definitely do not come from the ‘Egypt-inspired’ nation I’m writing. …Now that that total lie’s out of the way, I did two variants because I forgot she was supposed to be covered in bandages but decided to keep that version anyway, variants are pretty good. Flirty battle-maniac, although her flirtiness will generally override it in most cases. Has great skill with poisons and venoms as well as having figured out how to heal with them (no idea how that could be put into gameplay though)
TenkouSerket

…A few of these’ll probably hopefully pop up in my main romhack but I dunno, I’m too spontaneous and may just go with other newbies instead. If you have read this stack of ramblings though I hope it was enjoyable, farewell, and do enjoy your day!

16 Likes

Love her

4 Likes

Well uhhhh… more stuff, I s’pose! Only three actual things because my laziness has overtaken me again. Before I forget, I updated the first post with a bunch of stuff. I may also toss up the ‘organised’ portraits that are done up for actual game use later, but we’ll have to see if I remember!

Bastet, Alina Fae, aaaand Saraf.

Bastet is definitely not also from the nation that is Ancient Egypt-like, because that would mean that I adore Ancient Egypt and needed to steal it for myself! Definitely not! Nope! her boobs ended up a lot bigger than i intended, but apparently that’s what happens when you make it up as you go along and are too lazy to change it. Eh, whatever, they’re just boobs.

…Alina’s one of my oldest characters, so it’s a bit tragic I only unlazied enough to scribble her recently. Ack. Originally her name was just Fae… I don’t remember why I added a first name for her at all… Ah well.

Saraf somethingsomething curse. First variant is normal, second is a black eye from corruption or a curse or something, been like 10 years since I wrote his stuff up initially so I don’t remember, aaaand eyepatch to cover said curse corruption thing.
BastetAlinaFaeSaraf

Just those three for now. I want to do another set in a particular group because I’m an obsessive git, 2/5 for that group currently.

…While I’m here, actually. Here is Nue.
FE Nue Mugs
Nue has an exceptionally fluffy tail. Fear it.

13 Likes