Unnamed Jugdral Project (CANCELLED)

We hope to see you again, but please take as much time as needed

You have a really special project and I hope you can get back into it someday :smiley:

4 Likes

Take your time with the project. Hope you find your energy and motivation in the near future. Canā€™t wait for updates on the Jugdral project.

1 Like

alright, whos burner account?

edit: nvm, mods took care of it, thanks

2 Likes

Maybe u should remove the ā€œComing Soonā€ so ppl dont get their hopes up for this.

Take care of ur health and relax.

2 Likes

Heā€™s right you know.

1 Like

take your time, and good luck with everything. see you around~

1 Like

Good call, actually. Iā€™ll update the topic thread shortly.

Also, thank you so much for the well wishes everyone. Iā€™m not sure if I will still be around in the future but for now I just have some unfinished business to take care of online.

7 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry for the news.
From now on I will no longer be able to work on Unnamed Jugdral Project. In truth, there are a multitude of reasons why and Iā€™d not like to discuss them here.

Iā€™ve handed over the project to the development team. Further posts will be on its own thread instead of this one as Iā€™ve stepped away from my involvement in the hack entirely. Iā€™m sorry.

4 Likes

That was unexpected news.

1 Like

This is disappointing news for me! One of my favorite hacks Iā€™ve played this year ):

I hope everything is better for you serif, best regards :pray:t4::black_heart:

1 Like

As of today, November 24th 2021, Unnamed Jugdral Project is officially CANCELLED.

What happened? Well, a lot, really. My lifeā€™s been in a freefall for presumably the last 7 months and to a lot of people my goodwill faded away long ago.
Working on the hack simply no longer became fun anymore. Commissioning assets for it started to sear a massive hole in my finances, any sort of writing progress was near impossible, questionable balance decisions would slap me months later when I forgot to adjust a weaponā€™s stats correctly, and college threw my life into the sorry state it is nowadays. Itā€™s been rough, and ever since September it hasnā€™t gotten much better aside from the occasional good days or reuniting with old friends I hadnā€™t seen in nearly over a year.

Additionally Iā€™ve been soured by many experiences in my time in the community, especially nowadays. ROM hacking ended up beginning to feel more like a job than a hobby as a result, and Iā€™ll admit people in the community made me want to cancel the project far earlier.

And now, thereā€™s not any point in me working on this any further. Peerless was interested in a potential revitalization of the project but recently cut me out of their life and no one else seems interested in working on it.

Iā€™ll be glad to answer any other questions here but Iā€™ll recap any that I expect might be answered:

"Will you release any beta patches?"
No. If you were a beta tester I kindly ask that you do not release any beta patches as theyā€™re bad and unpolished and I donā€™t want anyone ripping the non-F2U portraits or making any unauthorized attempts to remake the project or use the soundfont.

"Will the soundfont be available?"
No installer was ever made for other projects Iā€™m afraid.

"Will you still be in the hacking scene?"
As of now, probably.

"Will you still be working on hacks?"
Currently I am at the helm of a large group hack for the FE Twitter community. Itā€™s been going well, but I donā€™t consider it my work.
Iā€™m also always more than willing to help out others wherever I can.
Aside from that I have zero intentions to start a new hack. You might see a Resonance 2 update or something, but no promises.

"Will assets in this hack be F2U/F2E?"
If theyā€™re in the repository they are. If they arenā€™t they arenā€™t. Some of which I may release but others either belong to other members or I have zero intention of ever making free to use.
Do not contact me to ask to use any of the portraits in this hack that arenā€™t in the repository.
Thatā€™s a very easy way to get blocked.

"Will the hack ever be finished or remade?"
No.

"serif"
serif

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
Iā€™m sorry that the hack never went anywhere and Iā€™m sorry for disappointing you all.

13 Likes

Here lies the Unnamed Jugdral Project. I was looking forward for this kind of ROM hack to be announced, but alas, Real life claimed it too soon. It was a tragic to see this highly potential ROM hack to join its fellow cancelled ROM hacks that never made it to daylight. If only there is a way to find support for it, but thereā€™s nothing we can do about it.

I did made a promise to play this hack once it got a public release, but that promise will never get fulfilled.

Time to salute and press F to pay respect to a promising ROM hack.

4 Likes

whatā€™s with you reiterating every single post in this website, seriously

also @serif, would you like me to lock this thread since the project is officially cancelled and all

16 Likes

The fact you tried is good enough. Donā€™t be sorry about the fact you just are not having fun making this anymore.
Just hope you stay safe friend.

4 Likes

Serif you know that you owe us nothing, that fact that this project is cancelled is sad sure, but it just means that youā€™re going to end up in a better state than before.
Be seeing you on the flipside I guess.

3 Likes

Feel free to close it