UnitedStars111's Music Corner

Hello. Umm… I’ll post my music stuff here. Mostly stuff from other games, but also original compositions if I can come up with them.

These all use Alusq’s custom sample patch, but the .s files I upload have been modified to work with the base game’s samples too.

Music Box (F2U/F2E)

Saturos Battle Theme - Golden Sun

.s file
A track so good, they used it twice. I ripped the MIDI from the first game.

Land of Frozen Forest - Albert Odyssey 2

.s file
I heard this in a Final Fantasy 6 romhack once and loved it. Probably a good song for an ice level.

More to come! Probably. I hope I don’t forget about this topic.

If anyone knows how to properly rip MP3 music from sappy… please tell me?

9 Likes

You can use a program like Audacity and change the input to system audio then hit record? (You will need the LAME MP3 plugin if you want to export to MP3 though, I think)

2 Likes

Tearing Shadows - FE12

I was waiting outside in a bus stop during a rainy day a few weeks ago. The bus stop had a huge glass pane that was bigger than I am ( an important detail I promise ). There was also a large puddle in front of the window pane. Anyways I decided to hide in the bus stop because of the rain, and this huge 12 wheeler came by and splashed the whole pane with water. Good god that scared me. Fortunately since I was behind the pane I wasn’t splashed ( though my jeans did get a little wet ) :slight_smile:

No download link yet because it’s unfinished. Sorry.

6 Likes

Yo, it’s been six years. Any sign of that download link?

I’m going to be honest… I was super busy these last few weeks and forgot about this thread. But I’m free now, so I’ll probably finish this soon

Oh it’s only been a few weeks XD I thought Mar 16 meant it was from 2016. Still, looking forward to some Tearing Shadows.

2 Likes

Whoa that is amazing, sounds different from the original but in a good way.

2 Likes

Not dead. Sorry for not updating. I was going to do so today, but my internet has been acting up because of all the smoke. But maybe I’ll do something later. I hope.

Tearing Shadows .s file

This was REALLY difficult. I’m tired. Have a good night everyone.

3 Likes

Footsteps of Fate (FE11)

I have nothing to say.

10 Likes

There seems to be an error when trying to insert Footsteps of Fate (FE11) into FEBuilder:

Try this instead

2 Likes

All fixed. Thanks!

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Battle theme 4

.s file

It is my birthday today. Yay.

9 Likes

Ah happy birthday/belated birthday! Also the Golden Sun dd battle theme sounds really good!

3 Likes

Sounds really good! How did you do it to make it sound so nice? I already know how to insert music into FE8 GBA but I am still struggling with making it sound nice, besides I’m not well-versed in editing midis files and adding things like sustain to notes, fixing errors and things like that ;-;
By any perchance, you know some good anvil studio tutorials for editing more complex things rather than just looping and basic things? Like adding sustain to a full melody or just a note, prolonging the sound of a note, fixing things that the programs can’t do it well, etc… being brief how to clean and improve a midi-file for a posterior insertion in FE8

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know about any tutorials beyond the looping one. I don’t edit the Midis, instead I edit the .s files that are created when inserting a midi (after creating the loop point). It allows more direct control over stuff like note length, vibrato/modulation, changing an instrument mid-song things like that.

I couldn’t find any tutorials when I started out so I just tried to figure everything out myself using my knowledge of coding (Enough to make music) and music (I know a lot about this stuff) to make the audio sound good.

3 Likes

Oh I see, it makes sense! I know a bit about music theory ( I know very well the symbols used there, a bit about chords, time, etc… ) but nothing about coding.
Do you have any kind of good advice of how to start editing .s files? I haven’t found a tutorial or thread where I can know more about what each number does in a .s file so I would be much obliged if you can at least point me in a good direction or just give me some tips that can help me in succesfully understanding what each number does in a .s file so I can edit it later to my desires.

Pd: I found some midis of Elden Ring, they’re amazing and it would be cool to someone see Godskin Duo or just Godfrey Battle Theme in hack.

Hey @UnitedStars111, this one needs cleaning up - have a listen to the original. The claps are actually meant to be snare rolls (usually D#3 on GBAFE). There’s some custom stuff that this song does in the DSFE games where they have samples of piano arpeggios (around the 0:29 mark) which you can obviously just remove and at the 0:36 mark you have some quick notes in what is originally the horn part which the DS games would usually play a few octaves down (again because of custom shit) which need to be adjusted to the correct octave.

2 Likes

I can definitely give you some tips.

A lot of stuff in the files don’t need to be edited, either because they can be edited in Febuilder (Volume and voice/instrument) or they shouldn’t be touched (basically everything at the start of the tracks)

The actual notes are written in this format: N48 , Cn4. The first part determines the length of the note, and can only be certain values:

03: 32nd
06: 16th
12: 8th
24: quarter note
30: half note
60: whole note

You can also use a TIE (written like that), which goes on until EOT is written

The second part determines the note itself. The number is the octave, and it’ll usually be between 4-5 for lead instruments and 1-3 for bass. The exceptions are drum instruments, which use different samples for every note. All of them can be found in the instrument set by clicking on “drum set”.

There’s also a W command (aka wait). This is usually equal to the length of the note + the length of time you want to wait. So a wait of a quarter after a half note would be W54.

I guess that’s really everything that’s needed to know. Good luck.

Also @Agro thanks for telling me, I’ll fix it as soon as I can

3 Likes