.byte W12
.byte N03 , Fn1 , v064
.byte W11
.byte N02 , As1 , v056
.byte W12
.byte N03 , Cn2 , v036
.byte W60
.byte W01”
The @ is the number of the compass, v00 is volume, N00 is what you said and the middle value like As0 is the note right? However what means the n in Fn1? And the s in As1? I know the names of the notes in the american key system ( Do is C, etc… ) though.
VOICE is the instrument right?
I dunno what is MODT, LFOS or BENDR though…
Also I have to start looking by the compass n1/@1 instead of zero, right? Its useful they show the midi channels though

The @ is the measure I think. and v000 is actually the velocity of the note. It doesn’t need to be changed unless you want a specific note to be louder or quieter.

The n in Fn1 stands for natural, as in a natural note. S stands for sharp. Also, flat notes have to use their correspondent in sharp (so a B flat in 4 would be written as As4).

VOICE is instrument.

MODT determines the modulation (vibrato). There’s a MOD function that can be used instead if you want vibrato, though the FE sound engine doesn’t play nice with double digit vibratos (I just stick to specific numbers, which vary based on the instrument type).

IDK what LFOS is either. It’s irrelevant I guess. and BENDT is pitch bend. In any case, don’t touch either

MIDI channels are separated by tracks, not @'s.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, man! Now I think I will need to just practice and see how it goes, afterall practice makes things more clear

2 Likes

Lukie Cave - Lufia: Ruins of Lore

.s file

Sorry for not uploading in, like, 6 months. College is kicking my ass really hard right now.

BTW this song does use dummy/square waves, so you might want to be careful. Or you can just replace the dummy waves with a directsound sample so that it sounds the same, but also doesn’t clash with the ingame SFX.

3 Likes