The Road to Ruin

You’ll miss secret promotion.

Summary

Requirements :

1. Have Aaron and Jorin talk in Chapter 9.
  2. Have Aaron and Raizen talk in Chapter 11.
  3. Either have Aaron and Kristoph talk in Chapter 14, OR have Aaron and Raizen talk in Chapter 17. (The former prevents the latter, but either one works to progress this chain.)
  4. Have Aaron enter combat with the Captain in Chapter 18. (He doesn’t have to get the killing blow, and in fact nobody has to get the killing blow at all, which makes it weird when he laments the Captain’s death)

End the chapter with Aaron still alive, and after his monologue he will force-promote to Paladin and gain B swords/axes. Unless he’s still unpromoted in which case he will force-promote to duke knight and waste your time

2 Likes

I see👍🏻
Thank you very much!

Just felt the need to post this here. Not sure if the soundtrack for this (the bits that didn’t originate from Fire Emblem media) were created by your team, but they’re all really good. A lot of hacks have great sound tracks, but there’s a few ost tracks from this game in particular that stood out to me.

Summary

Out of every final boss in a full length rom hack I’ve gone up against (and I’ve played a lot of full-length FE fan games), Merovech’s ‘Might of Aeons’ battle theme is probably my single favorite rom hack final boss theme.

9 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! The custom battle music was indeed written by me, and was probably one of my favorite parts of this project.

6 Likes

Up to Chapter 7 and maybe it’s me, but a lot of my units feel sluggish; only Vance, Torie, and Ava double at any consistent rate. Am I just having bad luck or are speed growths a bit low here?

Beautiful Map @Primefusion not many RomHack has a dedicated world map so I really appreciate it.

how do you unlock the gaiden chapters?

2 Likes

The OP has a link to growth rates for everyone, if you want to figure out if you’re getting RNG screwed or not.

how do you unlock the gaiden chapters?

There are no special requirements, you’ll play them automatically

3 Likes

Could you update the unit with the new animations?

Is there a recruitment guide for this Hack. If not can I create one?
I can’t seem to recruit Melusine in chapter 6

Edit; Restart the Chapter now I can recruit her with Hugo

“Vance’s return to Minar not as an ally or target, but as an enemy”
There is an extra “IS”

Love that the character icon on the map change when I promote Vance:

Another typo this one is Kristoph and Vance conversation in chapter 11:
“Oh yeah, I suppose he is” not “he his”

Another typo this time it is the conversation at the end of chapter 12:

“stand a chance against me” not “change”

Another Typo:

“we don’t even have it the worst”

this Bishop keep healing Bethany even though she is Full HP

Weird Glitch in the prep menu for the final chapter:

everyone which decision should I choose?
I get Russel if I let Prydain come with me but if I choose Orontes will Marveda join me?

Thank you so much for your guide guys. I finally unlock Aaron final form:

:joy:

Finally Done will write a review for this hack tomorrow:

After playing the Credits It doesn’t go back to the main menu screen but stay at the chapter selector. No matter which button I press it always start the credit again. Please fix:

Calista already have A rank support with Geraldt but their paired ending does not happen?

2 Likes

My Review of The Road To Ruin:
This is a Great Romhack with great characters and writings. This has become my favorite FE7 Romhack because It made my cry for a second time while playing the Romhack. The first time I cry was while playing the FE8 Romhack 7 Siblings. Both have great stories about Family and Finding and follow your own path in life. Which I resonate deeply with.
Thank you @Primefusion for creating this Hack and sharing it with us I had a great time with your hack!

Below is my Final Team and my thoughts on every individual!

Vancey-poo is my favorite character in this hack. His journey to fight against the path that his father chose for him to travel his own path only to comeback and make amend with his family and friend and to fight his inner demon showing his growth from an immature young man with pent up anger and traumas to a Understanding and Caring Son and Friend brought tears to my eyes. :sob: .
Plus his Promoted Sprite is really beautiful:

:heart_eyes:

I did not expect Ava to become such an Important and main character of the story. But to see her journey to become a leader and finally avenge her family was a joy to watch.
Beside that her portrait is beautiful everytime I look at it this song play in my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJuTytASlUo
She was the one to dealt the final blow to Merovech.

I consider Aaron to be the third unofficial Main Character of this Hack since he had a few Gaidens and Main Chapter dedicated to his story and journey so I dedicated most of my time to grind his weapon rank and level.
I really like following his journey going from a knight uncertain of his Principles fighting the conflict inside his mind between his duty to his country and liege and his duty to uphold justice and doing what is right. To the point that he had to fight his own former Captain who he look up to only to come out of it a better person and knight who had the resolve to follow what is right and believing in himself and his chosen path. All thanks to his interactions with other knights in the army and their different Ideas of the Ideal Knight and Principles
If it was me I would have given Aaron’s former Captain a special portrait instead of a generic soldier portrait to let the player build a stronger connection with him so that the final confrontation between Aaron and the Captain can have more of a meaningful impact on the player.
Also love His secret promotion from DukeKnight to Paladin!

Buck my Main Archer Max out his weapon rank and all his stat. I don’t know what I would do without his ability to strike from 2-3 range against other 1-2 range enemy. He was a Good friend to Vance, Ava and Torie

Torie was the only flying unit in the Hack so you know how Important she was. Only got Stronger once I got the Wing Shield and promoted her to FalcoKnight.
Love that she was comfortable enough with Vance to Slap and Criticize him for leaving the team after he returned :joy:

Braxton was my main Axe user. He was the only one that got S rank in Axes. He deal massive damage thanks to his Axes.

The last of the 3 Knights(3 Musketeers) I love all of them equally, but I love Jorin’s Sprite and his paired ending with Sylvia the most

Sylvia is my main staff user the only one to get S rank in staff. I only let her use her staves.

Marris the thief with a wind sword is a powerful combination got her to S rank Sword.

Thraben is my main Light user got him S rank in Light. His support with Marris was very funny in the end

Samuel my main Anima user. Got him S rank in Anima

Calista my Main Dark Mage. Got her S rank in Dark Magic. She was a powerful Druid.
My main complaint with Calista is her Portrait. She seem really out of place compare to the other characters portrait.

Gracia was my backup staff user her main role was to heal unit on the 2nd front. Was surprised to find out she was Russel’s Niece.

I just love the Hero Class and He was Prydain’s General so it only make sense to have him for the final battle. Russel’s weapon versatility and high weapon rank help him to use some really strong Axe and Sword.

THE END!

4 Likes