The King's Last Wish [COMPLETE] (V3.0 - New Chapters and Playable Units)

Very interested in trying this at some point, it’s refreshing to see a hack that doesn’t use skill systems in this day and age. I’ll let you know my initial thoughts when I have a chance to play it!

2 Likes

V2.31 patch notes:

• Gold differences between difficulties is now more apparent in the lategame.

• The bosses of chapters 1,2,3 and 9 now play boss music.

• Gregory now joins with a vulnerary.

• Switched around some chest rewards to compensate for gold changes.

• You can no longer spawncamp the chapter 11 reinforcements.

• You can now visit the pub in chapter 3.

• Fixed an issue with the “master knight” class name not displaying properly.

• Minor visual changes to the map of chapter 17 (layout remains the same).

• Some extra enemies on hard mode of chapter 17.

• Other minor changes.

Edit: Just dropped a hotfix fixing an issue where Madison would join at level 0 rather than 4, aligned stats with map battle events (because of battle stats with anims off) and fixed some typos.

3 Likes

V2.32 patch notes:

Growth modes have now been added to the game. You can choose between random growths, fixed growths, 0% growths and 100% growths when you start the game.

2 Likes

My Impression after finishing The King’s Last Wish V2.31:
-Every character portrait chosen was very beautiful with nice quality!

-I like how simple this hack is. No need to worry about Skill giving me the old vanilla feel.

-On the other Hand I wish there was a map of the continent so I could understand the scale and progression of the war through each chapter like Vanilla Fire Emblem.

-Biggest Annoyance for me in this hack is the limited Deployment slot 9-11 slots.(9 on most chapter and 10 to 11 on the ending chapters of the hack) Because there were so many time I wanted to bring someone else for the map but had to settle for a thief because that map has doors and chests I need to open to advance the chapter and get Promotion Seal for my units.

-My favorite moments were the early chapters like the First chapter where you had to survive for 6 turns or the Sand Map with all the hidden treasures and moment difficulty so you had to pick the right units for the map to make sure they move quickly around the map to get the treasure and finishing the chapter while avoiding the hidden boss. Those 2 map are where I had to really think hard about each decision I made. Also how could I forget about chapter 18 where I had to race against the turn time so the Boss in the Final Chapter don’t become literal Gods. And the touching final moment between father and son.

My MVP in this EASY playthrough are:
3rd place: Royce AKA: Old Reliable

I didn’t stop using him until chapter 15 because how tanky he is, becoming the team shield and exp feeder to the others.

2nd place: Monty AKA The Sniper

He has been with me from the second chapter until the end. Mainly because his growth in my playthrough was amazing making him strong and tanky while able to dodge most attack with ease. Also Monty is the only archer unit you get until much later in the game so he was vital to taking out pegasus knights and wyvern riders when ever they were on the map.

1st place go to Shelly AKA the Heart Broken Sage

My main way of dealing with enemy with high defense but low resistance like General,Great Knight, Wyvern Knight… when I didn’t have a special weapon to counter them.
My tactic was always deploy her behind Royce in a choke point as Royce play the shield taking most of the hits. Shelly play the sword stabbing the enemy in the Heart when they finish attacking.
Also Osborne is a arrogant brat for breaking the Heart of this Beautiful Lady who literally join the war for him.

Yes I used cheat engine to quickly level them up(easy mode just wasn’t fast enough) and break the level cap
That is just how I like to play.
The End

2 Likes

V2.33 patch notes:

• Fixed a bug where the game would freeze at the end of chapter 8.

• You can no longer spawncamp any reinforcements. They will just spawn in the tiles surrounding their original spawn location like in modern fe games.

• Removed berserkers from the game. They have been replaced with warriors so the player doesn’t have to face as much crit. Since snipers and assassins receive a crit boost in this hack, I felt too many enemies had crit.

• Other minor changes.

1 Like

No playable beserker? very sad. But I can understand. (Btw, beserkers are one of my top 5 favourite classes)

Keep in mind this change is exclusively to the enemy berserkers. There never were any playable berserkers to begin with. This is just so the player doesn’t have to face as much crit chance on enemies towards the late game.

V2.34 patch notes:

• Fixed an issue where you could get infinite gold and dancer rings by restarting chapter 12.

• Changed the layout of chapter 13 slightly. I removed the redundant 1 tile wide corridor and there are now 2 chest rooms rather than 3. You still get all of the treasure, but it should hopefully reduce the amount of time you have to spend waiting for your thief to reach all the chests.

• Promotional items and stat booster now sell for 25% of their price rather than 50%. Being able to get that much gold by selling them somewhat ruined the intended gold scarcity on hard mode.

• Reworked chapter 14 reinforcements. Rather than a bunch of powerful enemies spawning once, they now spawn in multiple waves, but start off managable and slowly become more threatening.

• Other minor changes.

3 Likes

V2.35 patch notes:

• Support bonuses are now based on class rather than affinity. Each class’ bonus can be seen in their description. Being able to see the bonus that each support provides should allow you to plan around the bonuses rather than just getting random bonuses from affinities that had no real connection to the characters. Note that the figures displayed are additive.

• Tied to the above point, a class’ usable items in its description will be displayed using the narrow font’s weapon icons for spacing purposes.

• Where a unit’s affinity used to be displayed, “talk” will now be displayed, showing which units have a conversation available.

• Fixed an issue with fliers being able to fly over walls on some indoor maps.

• Other minor changes.

1 Like

V2.4 patch notes:

• Weapons that give extra wexp now say so in their description. I thought this would be prudent as it varies from vanilla somewhat.

• Major aesthetic change to the final chapter. I felt it was a little bland before.

Before and after

Before:
2023-02-25 (1)

After:
2023-02-25

7 Likes

V2.5 patch notes:

• Text formatting improvements across the entirety of the main story. Before, it was quite awkward to read and lines would cut off abruptly mid-sentence. The story should now hopefully flow more smoothly like in the official gba games. Note that this only applies to the main story for now. I intend to improve supports and battle convos in a future update.

• Talk bubbles now appear for supports as well as talk conversations.

• Aesthetic improvements to some maps. Most notably chapter 18, which is now an outdoor map. Here are the before and afters:

Chapter 4

Before:
2023-03-06 (4)
After:
2023-03-06 (3)

Chapter 9

Before:

After:

Chapter 17

Before:

After:

Chapter 18

Before:

After:

5 Likes

I want to report a bug. On chapter 4, on easy difficult, there are two bosses with different gems.

2 Likes

Thank you for the report. I will fix this in the next patch.

1 Like

My earlier point about how having a map to visualize the position of each faction would help could be seen in this hack FE The Uprising’s Map. It is only a static map unlike vanilla Fire Emblem. but help the player visualize where the faction he is playing as is coming from at the begining of the story.

Important note: I don’t think I even know the name of the continent your hack is based on

I am certainly not opposed to the idea. It’s just that I am not artistically talented in the slightest. While I have a good idea of the layout of the world, drawing it is a whole other can of worms.

1 Like

as a guy who constantly fail in art class back at school I understand this all to well. :cry:

V2.51 patch notes:

• The text formatting improvements from the previous update now apply to everything, including supports and battle conversations.

• You can no longer silence the final bosses.

• Fixed an issue with there being 2 bosses on chapter 4 on easy and hard mode.

• Balanced the 3 fighters and warriors. Gunvald should no longer be straight up better than the fighters if you train them up. Here are the exact numbers for those that are interested:

Balances
  • Gregory: -1 base skill, -1 base speed, +1 base constitution, +5% strength growth, -5% skill growth, +10% speed growth.

• Grant: +10% skill growth.

• Gunvald: -3 base skill, +5% hp growth, -5% strength growth, -5% skill growth, -5% defence growth.

Dude you just debuff Gregory( taking away that 1 speed and 1 skill which I think is vital in chapter 1), Gunvald (-3 base skill)pretty badly there. Have you considered that making Gunvald a crutch for player that could not train either fighter or because they die?

Back in the old version when I played. I bench Gregory Immediately after getting Grant because for what ever reason Gregory RNG on level up was really bad. When I got Gunvald my Grant was decent enough for me to grow attach to him and not wanting to switch him out for Gunvald

Don’t worry, I reduced the speed of other enemies in the prologue, all the interactions remain the same. Whether or not you consider it a nerf depends on perspective. Greg’s total bases have been decreased by 1, but his growth total has been increased by 10%. This means that he will break even after 10 levels and surpass it after that. It makes his early game slightly weaker in exchange for a slightly better lategame performance. Either way, the differences are so small that it doesn’t make much difference.

As for Gunvald, he is absolutely still the crutch that he was before. 3 skill only translates to 6 hit and 1.5 crit. Before, he would often join and be better than the 2 fighters when trained. A lot of people dislike when they invest heavily into a unit only to get outclassed later on. All of these minor changes should culminate into the warriors standing on even footing if you want to use them.

Thanks for clarifying. Now it doesn’t seem so bad