The King's Last Wish [COMPLETE] (V3.0 - New Chapters and Playable Units)

V2.52 patch notes:

• Fixed an issue with the time limit of ch18 not applying properly.

• Fixed an issue where the silence staff could not be traded.

• Fixed an issue with poison damage only working on 1 unit at a time. To solve this issue, poison damage has been returned to its vanilla value, but a few more enemies in chapter 18 have Jormungandr tomes.

• Restored light magic to its former vanilla stats. I felt it was a little too weak without the crit, and you almost never fight enemies with light magic, so it shouldn’t be a huge issue.

• The runesword and wind sword have been restored to their vanilla stats. They were a little too strong on enemies without the strength halving effect.

• Other small changes.

Edit: just dropped a hotfix fixing an issue where the Valkyrie Staff would not work properly and an issue where 2 of the generals in chapter 6 couldn’t use their weapons.

V2.53 patch notes:

• The boss of chapter 1 is now a cavalier rather than a knight. This is to allow other units to deal more damage without the rapier, meaning missing a rapier hit shouldn’t be as detrimental as before.

• Small improvements to a few palettes.

• You can now obtain a steel blade.

• Other minor changes.

1 Like

V2.54 patch notes:

• Fixed an issue with the end turn display where ch5 would be displayed as ch5x and some of the chapter texts would be cut off.

• Reverted back to preventing trade of specific weapons in the prologue rather than using ability 2 0x02. This was causing problems with the take and give commands, and I don’t currently know of any better solutions, so I just went back to the old system.

• Enemy male bishops are no longer noticably weaker than female bishops.

• Other minor changes.

V2.55 patch notes:

• Fixed a glitch caused by the runesword.

• At the end of chapter 9, there is now a unique scene for different kinds of situations (Green units will react to Monty being dead, Monty will react to green units being dead or if you don’t manage to save all of them, etc). Monty also talks to the green units to accept the reward now rather than Osborn.

• You now receive different rewards depending on how many green units you save in ch9.
    All 4: orion’s bolt + killer bow
    1-3: killer bow
    0/Monty is dead: no rewards

• Changed around some weapon drops to times in the game where I felt they may be more useful (e.g- steel blade moved from ch13 to ch9). Overall you still get the same weapons, except the wind sword has been replaced with the runesword.

• Gunvald no longer talks to Osborn from the opposite side of the map on chapter 14. Instead, they have a talk conversation.

• Other minor changes.

Edit (apr 6): just dropped a hotfix fixing an issue where you could obtain the Valkryie Staff regardless of whether or not you had met the conditions.

1 Like

Jack_G why was your Discord Account deleted? I was very surprise!

Sorry about that. You can send me a private message on this site if you like. I just deleted it because I don’t really use social media.

2 Likes

understandable

V2.56 patch notes:

• Royce now has a battle conversation with Hamilton on chapter 11.

• Helgen’s growths have been lowered, but she now starts at level 18 rather than 19.

• The green units on chapter 14 now have the npc phase theme like in chapter 10.

• Changed a few character descriptions.

I just finished the hack, and I feel a little unfinished. I thought there was a dragon in the end, but I finally found out that it ended after killing four magicians. How good would it be if the dragon appeared after more than 10 turns, like Eligor’s spear started to branch.

v2.57 patch notes:

This update features some battle animation palette improvements as well as some other changes.

New palettes

Osborn (promoted):
2023-04-15 (1)

Osborn (unpromoted):
2023-04-15 (2)

Linda (promoted):
2023-04-15 (5)

Linda (unpromoted):
2023-04-15 (3)

Alfred:
2023-04-15 (6)

Other changes
  • Linda now has female general caps and receives +1 con upon promotion rather than +2. This was an oversight on my part and I accidentally gave her male general caps and con promotion. This has now been fixed.

• Changed the way enemy assassin stats are calculated. Essentially, they now have the same stat variance as other enemies, but their strength and bulk have been slightly lowered to compensate.

• Fixed some typos and other minor changes.

3 Likes

@Dizzlepath When I was originally creating the game, I was contemplating back and forth as to whether or not there should be a dragon in the end, and I ended up deciding not to.

There are a few reasons for this:

1 - Having 4 bosses makes for a more interesting final battle in my opinion, as each of the 4 can have different stat distributions and abilities, meaning multiple units can fight them, rather than the original fe games where only a few very strong units can stand up to them.

I wanted the player to have to use the full force of their units to deal with the final battle. The way it was designed is that units that would be good at dealing with the bosses (high res) would melt to the paladins, thus meaning you have to use your whole team to deal with both threats (Edith, the Gotoh character, is actually intentionally designed with high res and low defence for this very reason). I didn’t want the final climactic battle to be cheesed like rigging an Athos luna crit in FE7.

2 - The time limit. With the magicians threatening to summon the dragon, I could implement a 10 turn time limit. This prevents the player from completely routing the rest of the map and then just piling their full force onto the final bosses. With the time limit, you are forced to split up and use each of your units to the best of their ability.

3 - A dragon is featured as the final boss of almost every fe game. My favourite final boss in the series is Ashnard precisely because he strayed from the norm and made for a more interesting boss fight.

Also, sorry for the late reply. I saw your message before and completely forgot to respond to it.

Ok, I understand your idea. Please forgive my eagerness to see the dragon.

This has been on my radar for quite some time and I was just wondering if you still had anything you wanted to do with this? I see you update very frequently and am wondering if you have any major updates left?

It’s not as if I plan to do certain things with the hack, rather that I like to work on it as a hobby. The game is fully playable from start to finish, and most of my patches lean more towards qol and balance changes rather than major game-changing updates.

I do update frequently, but that’s just because if I make some improvements, I don’t see any reason not to just release them immediately rather than wait until I’ve created enough content for a larger patch like some other hacks do.

So, to answer your question, no. I don’t have any major updates planned, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there will never be one.

1 Like

V2.58 patch notes:

This update includes some new music tracks as well as some other changes.

Valkyrie Staff track:

The generic boss track from fe4:

If you want to use these:
Fire Emblem Resource Repository (Battle Animations, Portraits, Music, etc) - #4806 by Jack_G.

As for the other changes:

Other changes
  • Slightly reduced the levels of enemies on chapter 1 and 2. I felt chapter 1 especially was a little too difficult.

• Added a few status staves on enemies towards the lategame.

• You can now buy restore staves on chapters 12 and 15.

• Fixed an issue with druids not displaying staff animations.

• Other minor changes.

2 Likes

v2.59 patch notes:

• Royce can now also recruit Linda for a more flexible recruitment.

• Chapter 1 on hard mode now only has 1 additional archer rather than 2. This should make it more feasable to beat the chapter on hard mode if Gregory died in the prologue.

• Madison actually dies now rather than retreating. Her scenes in chapter 4 and 5 are different if she is dead.

• Charlotte rework.

Rework details

New bases:

21 hp
7 strength
6 skill
8 speed
8 luck
6 defence
5 resistance

New growths:

75% hp
45% strength
50% skill
55% speed
60% luck
35% defence
40% resistance
360% total

New promotion gains:

6 hp
4 strength
5 skill
5 speed
4 defence
4 resistance

• Other minor changes.
2 Likes

V2.6 patch notes:

• Some changes to enemy levelling. Here are the details:
Enemy levelling changes
  • Enemy levels now vary more. For example, rather than all enemies on a map being level 12, they will range from 11 to 13.

• Promoted enemies are now slightly stronger across the board (except generals and assassins). This is because many unpromoted classes at level 20 would be equal or even stronger than many promoted classes at level 5 and under. However, I have ensured that this change does not impact the difficulty.

• Tied to the above point, chapter 13 now has a mixture of unpromoted and promoted enemies. All enemies won’t be promoted until chapter 14 now.

• Enemy levels do not spike as high towards the endgame. Instead, they will receive a few extra autolevels. This will prevent the enemy vastly outlevelling the player while not making it too easy.

• More variance between normal and hard towards the lategame.

Tldr: promoted enemies a little stronger and a smoother difficulty curve.

• More enemies with poison weapons on chapter 18.

• Chapter 18 secret shop now sells restore staves.

• Augustus base level increased from 8 to 9.

• Nicholas base level decreased from 14 to 12.

• Reduced Helgen’s growths to be more in line with the other pre-promotes.

• Warrior promotion now gives 1 less skill and 1 more speed (+3 skill, +2 speed rather than +4 skill, +1 speed). This was supposed to be the case from the start, but I made a mistake when inputting the values.

• Other minor changes.

Edit: Just dropped a hotfix fixing a few things I didn’t notice earlier. Namely a few stat discrepancies caused by the levelling changes.

2 Likes

v2.61 patch notes:

This update features a rework to the map of chapter 9. As well as overall aesthetic improvements, there is now a separate route to the left, and the brave weapon pre-promotes have been moved to said stairway. This should prevent the map from being as choke-point heavy and make saving the green units more manageable.

Here is what the map looks like now:

And here is what it used to look like for comparison:

Although not as major as chapter 9, there are also some aesthetic improvements to chapters 8, 14 and 15. Here are the before and afters:

Chapter 8

Before:

2023-05-05

After:

2023-05-04 (1)

Chapter 14

Before:

2023-05-05 (2)

After:

2023-05-04

Chapter 15

Before:

After:

And here are a few other changes:

Other changes
  • Fixed an issue where water would not flow on chapter 8 and chapter 14.

• A secret shop has been added to chapter 9. It is on the top left plain tile.

• The tiles of the lake in chapter 7 are now classed as lake tiles rather than river tiles. This means the enemy pre-promotes won’t be able to walk on the water and the bridges should be much easier to defend.

• Improved Piper’s palette.

• Other minor changes.

4 Likes

v2.62 patch notes:

Charlotte rework

Charlotte now promotes into a paladin rather than a master knight. She starts with C rank in both swords and lances and receives the same promotion gains as male paladins (there are no female paladins in fe6, which are the promotion gains this hack uses). This is effectively a small nerf, but she is certainly still a viable unit to train up, she just won’t be completely steamrolling the late game once she gets going anymore. Here are her palettes:

2023-05-10 (2) 2023-05-10 (1)

Flame lance

To compensate for the effective nerf, Charlotte’s personal weapon has now been changed to a flame lance. Before, it could be tricky to train her due to her having around 80 hit even with her accurate prf and risking death from the enemy counter should she miss. The flame lance being 1-2 range should alleviate this problem by allowing her to safely pick off enemies from 2 range.

The flame lance works like the light brand, dealing full magic damage at 1 range and using the physical weapon triangle, while dealing str/2 magic damage at 2 range and using the magic triangle. Since it is a magic weapon, it will also not grant any wexp. It has the following stats: 10 mt, 1-2 rng, 85 hit, 0 crit, 7 wt.

The flame lance also has its own animation.

Chapter 10 rework

Before, chapter 10 felt a little slow towards the end as you siezed the throne and collected the chests, this changes should allow the latter half of the map to be a little more fast-paced. Once you reach the second half of the map, Greyson will begin to move (his stats have been slightly reduced to compensate) and 4 enemy reinforcements will arrive from stairs in the 4 corners of the map. The upper 2 of these reinforcements drop the angelic robe and the elysian whip, previously held within the chests. The objective has also been changed from sieze throne to kill boss.

There has also been a slight aesthetic improvement:

Other changes
  • Paladins now also gain additional lance rank upon promotion as they do in fe6 (also applying to Charlotte).

• Fixed an issue where a generic general would join your party in chapter 3.

• Alfred - 2 skill, - 1 luck, -2 defence, -2 resistance.

• Helgen - 1 base magic and skill, + 1 base luck.

• Nicholas - 1 base strength, - 5% strength growth, -5% defence growth, -15% hp growth, +5% skill growth, +5% luck growth.

• Renley -5% defence growth.

• Wesley +1 base resistance, -5% defence growth.

2 Likes

V2.63 patch notes:

• Fixed an issue where Wesley and Charlotte could use each other’s prfs.

• Fixed an issue where the flame lance was effective against flyers.

• Fixed an issue where Trisha would appear in chapter 15 if killed in chapter 14 and wouldn’t appear if kept alive (supposed to be the other way around).

• Arena winnings are now 200% across all difficulties rather than getting reduced gold on hard mode. 150% on hard mode meant you would usually lose money due to lost battles.

• Slightly weaker promoted enemies.

• Linda -1 constitution.

• Other minor changes.

1 Like