The Divine Twins' War (v1.1.1; Ch31 complete)

Good to hear. Sorry I think I misunderstood what you were saying and I think that plan is a good one. I love respite chapters and despise all supports gained on the battlefield because of the aforementioned irritations in battle lol I appreciate the use of these types of chapters and have only played 1 other hack that does them well. I look forward to more improvements on this already amazing hack!

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, are there any characters who haven’t gotten a Respite conversation yet who you think should?

v.13.1 is now up!
In v.13, at the end of Ch25x, some characters talk about giving Edrick a certain important item… which I forgot to have actually get put in his inventory. This has now been fixed.

To anyone who’s already completed Ch25x and saved over it, don’t worry, the item will be given at the start of Ch26 once I have it made.

1 Like

Not sure if you have them planned or I just didn’t see them but Brenda having a conversation with her daughter Carrie. I’d love to flesh them out alittle bit more through conversations if possible. I always love a mother daughter point of view during war. Or possibly she Brenda gives Carrie something like passes down a weapon or something.

Ooh, that’s a good idea! I’ll definitely work on something like that.

1 Like

v13.2 is now up!
This patch basically just serves to add more respite conversations in Ch25x. (I’m still brainstorming exactly how I want to go about writing the next few chapters.) There are two new weapons added- a sword and lance counterpart to the Swordslayer, but only one is currently obtainable.

However, the REALLY important news is that I’ve now set up a Discord channel for this romhack! So come on by and say hi, or something! (Fair warning: I’ve never ran a server before, so I may have messed up something simple.)

I just realized the Discord link I had here for a while expired after 7 days. It’s now been replaced by a link that won’t expire.

I tried this hack out last night and played up to chapter 3, this hack has potential but could do with some work.

Enemies (including bosses) are a little too weak compared to player units, I didn’t really feel challenged at all, raise enemy base stats a bit higher.

Portraits are not great, hate to say that but the colours just look off to me and washed out especially Louis and Valeria (who doesn’t like moving her mouth), I don’t mind that they’re splices, just could do with some polishing.

My thoughts on Chapters, up to 2, the maps aesthetically actually don’t look that bad, but could be improved.

Prologue- Largely easy since Valeria can just sit on a forest and not get hit pretty much from the brigands.

Chapter 1- Again easy, at this point I started to really notice that enemies aren’t strong at all compared to player units, I don’t mind this for the Prologue, but here I really started to notice.

Chapter 2- Probably my favourite chapter, as the idea of fighting in the caves is pretty cool and fun, but of all maps the most boring, as it could do with some variety in its aesthetics instead of just being one cave corridor.

Haven’t played all of Chapter 3 yet but I think I encountered a bug in that when I sold the Red Gem I didn’t get 2500 gold when I did. Can’t remember though at this time so I’ll play later and see if it did really happen.

On the whole though, I actually like the hack, just could do with some work.

Yeah, the early chapters aren’t my greatest work. I’d literally never made a hack before at the time I made them. I’m definitely planning to go back and redo them at some point, now that I have a better idea what I’m doing.

2 Likes

v.14 is now up!
This patch adds two new chapters, three new playable characters (two of which have been met before), a bunch of character buffs (including but not limited to Valeria), and a new weapon for dragons!

2 Likes

This bug is chapter 7 ? Enemys All stats are high.

I won’t have access to the computer with the hack on it for a while, so what’s that chapter about again? If I remember correctly, that’s the one inside the temple with a Berserker for the boss, right?

1 Like

Yes thats right. I was surprised that enemy’s stats high and same them. I don’t understand it. Is it bug?

That chapter is a bit of a jump in difficulty. The General you get in that chapter can handle everything himself if you want, but it’s not so hard that you can’t win without him. Excluding the boss, that is. He’s kind of needed in that instance.

Oh i got it. I wish want my unit kill for level up but not. Nevermind. I will try. Thanks for answer my question.

Glad to help!

Chapter 7 same chapter 11 are same enemy are high stats?? Is bug? My units and main character are current stats. I can’t beat enemy high stats.

There’s no screenshots in your post, so I can’t see where they’re at. Still, I’ll look into things and see if the high stats are a bug or not.

I wish i can show you screenshot but not accept post here. I am sure 11 chapter is enemy’s high stats look same chapter 7.

I am shock. Its accept screenshot this.