The Divine Twins' War (v1.1.1; Ch31 complete)

Alright then. Also, when you were working on the Rogue class, did you also add in the steal command for them? I noticed that there was no steal command when I tried to rob the Hero boss of his Skill Book with Fawkes at the Barren Isle. Yet I couldn’t find the steal command, despite Fawkes having way more speed than the boss (like 6-8 speed more than the boss).

Edit: Just some things to add in regards to this topic. During the chapter where you have to kill all bosses, this actually shows a very glaring flaw with the Rogue Class losing the ability to steal. For these two bosses, the Wyvern Lord comes with an Elysium Whip and the Hero comes with a Hero Crest, both of which are completely undroppable. This would’ve been fine if you have another thief to steal them, yet you only have one thief from the chapter where you get Nicholas to this chapter, and Leah is still nowhere to be found.

As for the Hero, why does he come with a second obtainable Hero Crest? There’s only a grand total of one unit that can use these two Hero Crest (the axe fighter), and a lot of other units needs the other promotion items a lot more, especially the magic users, the knights, soldiers and cavs.

The Hero Crest being usable for only one class was an oversight. I’d intended for it to be usable on more classes (namely Pirates/Sailors), but I must have forgotten to save after making that change or something like that. Or I thought I made it and just forgot.

Also, I don’t know why the Rogues aren’t able to steal. They should be, as far as I know. I’ll look into that.

Once I finish the next Respite chapter, I’ll release a new patch earlier than intended that also fixes these errors you’ve pointed out.

I guess that might work for the Hero Crest. Though thing is, there’s already an Unlawful Seal that also promotes the Pirate, which gets pretty redundant imo. I think it would probably be better if that Hero Crest gets replaced with a Knight’s Crest or an Unlawful Seal instead.

v.11 is now up!
This patch brings only one new chapter, which is a Respite chapter. It also brings makes one character from v.10 playable, as well as another who (along with v.10’s other new character) will be playable in the next patch .

This patch is primarily to give a couple characters some buffs, change Pirates’/Sailors’ promotion item, let Rogues steal like they should have always been able to, and replace Victor’s Hero Crest with a renamed Earth Seal in Ch23.

EDIT: v.11.1 is now also up, but comes too soon and brings too few changes to get its own post. I forgot to make Guiding Rings promote Priests, and Earth Seals promote Soldiers AND Priests. This has now been fixed.

I replaced the Hero Crest with an Earth Seal in the new patch.

Alright, sounds pretty good there.

v.11.2 is now up!
I realized there was a huge problem with animations when using the Flame Sword, Fire Lance, or Blazing Axe. Using the Flame Sword or Fire Lance would play the animations of a Light Brand or Javelin, and using the Blazing Axe would play no animation and just softlock the game.
To fix this, these three weapons (and their bow equivalent, the Magic Bow) now all deal damage like a Light Brand instead of a tome.

1 Like

v.12 is now up!
This patch may be the biggest yet, bringing no less than four new chapters, four new never-before-seen playable characters, three new playable characters who HAVE been seen before, and most importantly, the battle to decide Gaela’s future! (This patch was designed to feel like a semi-finale of sorts.)

Anyway, I’m probably going to go on hiatus for a bit, due to college and other projects interfering with this hack. I’ll still be sure to fix bugs and balancing issues that come to my attention, though.

The next chapter is going to be another Respite chapter. Let me know what characters you want to see interact in it!

2 Likes

@pengie9290 I’m on chapter 20 and the hacks very good but it says “To be Continue” It seems like I got 8.00 update. Do I have to download the chapter 25 Patch and start ALL over again? or is there a way to continue where a left off?

None of the patches ended at Chapter 20, so I honestly don’t know what the problem there is. I’ll look into it and try and figure out what’s wrong as soon as I can.

Assuming there isn’t some glitch and I just misnumbered what chapters were in what patches (which appears to be the case, judging by the files I have), you should be able to just put the newest patch on the rom you’ve been playing, at least as far as I understand things.

Out of curiosity, if you try to play the chapter titled “To be Continued”, what happens?

Looking good! How many chapters are you planning for this?

I got a game over then I went to the menu. I’ll try my best to give you screenshots.

I must complete your hack before I move on to the next because it’s so good!

I have no idea how many chapters there’ll be. I know the story I want to tell through this hack, and plan to make as many chapters as it takes to tell it.

That said, it’s definitely past the halfway point, and probably close to 2/3 done?

To be clear, did you finish Ch20 and Ch21 is “To Be Continued”, or did you finish Ch19 and Ch20 is “To Be Continued”?

1 Like

I finish Ch19x then it said game over

Okay, that’s supposed. Seem there’s no bugs, and I just got confused.

As far as I understand things, you should be able to just apply the newest patch to whatever rom you were using, and it should work fine.

1 Like

Thank you!

v.13 is now up!
This patch is a fairly small one, especially compared to last time, only introducing a single Respite chapter, and adding one new character to the playable roster. However, a rather important story development takes place, so that’s something!

There’s two main reasons I made this its own patch. First of all, it’s really hard thinking up and writing all those Respite conversations, so I could use some help with ideas. Secondly, I don’t want to be held back by writing all these conversations that plenty of people might not want to read, and want to continue developing chapters with actual gameplay to them.

Also, I made Helena her own animations so she doesn’t have to be a recolored Priest/Bishop anymore.

1 Like

Don’t give up on respite chapter dialogue. I love reading about characters while not on a map. It allows me to enjoy the conversations instead of wasting turns and strategy just to read certain ones in a battle.

I’m not giving up on it. It’s just that in the previous respite chapters, I had it so that every character had at least one conversation. That’s a lot of conversations, and it’s hard coming up with that many while keeping them interesting. I fully intend to continue doing this, but I’m not going to wait until I’ve written them all before moving to the next chapter. I’ll add them in as I come up with them, and keep developing the other chapters in the meantime.

1 Like