[Testers Wanted!] [05-Nov-2023] Project Octane [FE7 ported to FE8 w/SkillSystems]

I played it recently and it seems like a good Remake to me although I admit that I downloaded the file easily so as not to stress myself, but I found some errors:

1-Elk’s Crit using the Thunder tome looks bugged or something.

2-In some chapters my units crit the bosses with no chance of crit.

3-In chapter 8 a soldier can use the crossbow (Lyn can also use it).

4-In chapter 4 I gave Florina a DragonShield and made Lyn discard a potion since she had no space, and strangely in chapter 5 Florina and Lyn had the items they had used/voted for.

1 Like

Thank you so much for playing and for your feedback.

1. I’m using a patch that changes the color of the crit runes. It looks a little funky but I like it.

2. Whenever a hit kills a boss, it will always show the critical animation no matter what.

3. Chapter 8’s tutorial should say that all soldiers can use ballistae. Lyn shouldn’t, though. Was it visual or could she actually mount and attack with it?

4. I couldn’t recreate the Dracoshield/Vulnerary bug. It works fine on my end.

3 Likes

Hello friend, I hope you are very well, I really liked the hackrom, I hope you finish it soon, as an observation or suggestion I would like to see an avatar portrait in the tactician, so that it does not look empty when put on the cursor, and I would like you to You will improve Isadora a little with respect to growth, it would be good in my opinion, I know you do not plan to add a world map like in FE8 but I would like you to consider it, because of playing with units that you have not used throughout history and for characters that you don’t have the pleasure of using for a long time like nino and athos, but in fact, you do a very good job with project octane, I wish you success and I look forward to your response c:

3 Likes

Ya may be not world map but extra chapters like trial which is mix of both the ruines

1 Like

how did I not see this one ?? as a long fan of FE7 ill play it for sure, thank you for making it @Mach !

1 Like

1st up i cant seem to be able to play lyn mode not even chapter one since it crashes and 2nd playing hard mode of lyn on first chapter boss hit rates

1st is hard mode and 2nd is easy mode as u can see from hp bar. 0 hits is kinda harsh on the boss even vanilla lyns 1st boss had like 46 if u gain 2 luck

ignore my layout i use GBA emulator and my unedited ss

1 Like

Well, regarding the boss of the prologue, it is logical that he has that low percentage of hitting lyn due to his ax breaker ability, so it can be a sweet start if you play in hard mode, from then on they should raise the precision of the bosses a bit

buena noche c:

1 Like

Just because it makes logical sense doesn’t mean it’s good. A boss having 0 hit on the only unit in the map is really bad and is a bad sign for future map’s design if the prologue isn’t even redone to accommodate for Lyn’s skills

1 Like

I thought axe breaker gave +30 avoid against axe so where the remaining 10hit go

1 Like

Indeed at least giving 30 hit is fair since its boss. may be adjust his skill dont know how much will be his hit rate but i think 30 seems fair since he one shots lyn

1 Like

One shotting is… A lot for a prologue boss…

A two shot would be more fair since you have to face chance of counterattack to kill the boss. The hitrate in my opinion should probably be in the 40-60 range

1 Like

Then 15 dmg and 55 hit i guess

1 Like

Don’t you want it 100% better?, bro it’s the prologue not the whole game xD

1 Like

This is a romhack. That means that people who are playing this are not new to fire emblem, there’s no need for the prologue to be so laughably easy that it’s impossible to lose. The reason why people dislike Lyn mode so much is for how easy it is yet how many benefits it provides.

Not being in any real danger at all is not why I play Fire Emblem, and it’s not why a lot of people play Fire Emblem. I give a critique of the hack because I want it to be better designed, if I wanted a piss easy time I would just play vanilla FE6.

4 Likes

bro, if you want the challenge in the prologue, just use the tactician, if I agree with increasing the difficulty and the number of enemies, my only disagreement would be if they take away from the lords their abilities with which they start in the romhack, in them they could use an improvement in growth, and in the case of eliwood and lynn, their ax breaker and lance breaker skills are perfect
but you’re right, they should increase the difficulty, only in the prologue… XD, I don’t see a bad thing that it’s easy only there

1 Like

This is not a fair argument, if you have to go out of your way to make the game even remotely a challenge then it’s poorly designed imo. Honestly I think prologue should be totally redesigned to be an actual map like for example Hector’s first chapter or just straight up cut, it’s so easy and while being relevant story wise, isn’t for an original story so I feel that it can easily be summarized then skipped with nothing lost.

Honestly breaker skills from the get go is really overpowered and imo just contributes to dodge tanking, which isn’t exactly the most enjoyable style of play to most people. Having them be available as promoted skills while replacing them with less overpowered skills would be favorable imo, perhaps focus for Lyn or something since Mani Katti has crit and she’s supposed to evoke the feeling of a myrmidon.

4 Likes

indeed, they are very good abilities, but they don’t make the game totally easy for you, don’t forget the RNG, unpredictable, so everything mentioned is just one more factor, in the end, let’s hope this romhack is finished, it’s beautiful, I’ll help in what i can as a tester.

2 Likes

I some what agree and disagree with your statement ya it should not be too crazy and not too hard but keep in mind vanila fe7 also has 2 hit boss on lyn. But i also have to say 0 hit is a bit too much maybe giving lyn axe breaker at level 10 or 5 is more appropirate same for other lords and i think increasing boss hp is not a good way to make it hard. Its fair to increase def and res but hp, res and def is too much. Maybe hp increase is also fair if it dont exceed 10.

1 Like

How fixed-half growth work?

1 Like

I set everyone’s growths to be half of what they are in vanilla & turned on the Fixed Growths patch. It’s supposed to simulate getting unlucky with growths & is mostly for testing purposes.