[Testers Wanted!] [05-Nov-2023] Project Octane [FE7 ported to FE8 w/SkillSystems]

How are you going to solve the lvl thing? FE7 forces you to either arena abuse or promote at lvl 10, so if you’re not going to include a wold map maybe some kind of base like system that allows you to go to a training map is the only viable solution.

4 Likes

Why is Erk’s name changed? I don’t see the point.

1 Like

Hard Mode Notes: Prologue

Map is pretty straightforward. Mercs die to exactly 2 Lyn hits + 1 Mark hit, so bait → kill is possible. 1st Merc is baited by Lyn and killed by Mark + Lyn. However, on Hard, Lyn only has 94 hit on Mercs (Mark has 100) so a bad luck death from this is possible since Mercs 2HKO Lyn. The generic Brigand gets on the gate while Batta waits in front of it. Batta OHKO’s both Lyn and Mark, but he has 0% hit on Lyn so Lyn can bait him out individually and kill. Remaining Merc is baited out and killed as previously stated. The Brigand on the Throne also OHKO’s Lyn, but because he has an Iron Axe, which is more accurate, he has 3 hit, and as such the only safe way to kill him once he gets on the Gate is to Flux him to death as he doesn’t get off.

Chapter 1

Map still straightforward. Mercs are quite bulky with 6 DEF but this isn’t that bad as Kent/Sain/Mark can gang up and kill one if they all focus fire. Lyn solos the lone Brigand who now has 0 hit due to Lyn being on a forest. While killing Merc 1 Kent and Sain get in range of Merc 2 who gets baited in and ganged up on turn 2. Turn 3 move forward. Turn 4 Sain baits Merc 3, taking only 1 damage. Mark, Kent kill merc on Turn 4. Deserters can have crit on Kent if Mark doesn’t cast Rally Luck. Otherwise, they are a straightforward chip to death using Mark/Kent. Boss is tough, but he exactly OHKO’s Lyn on normal terrain, which translates to Lyn surviving with 1 HP on the forest. Lyn easily solos the boss.

1 Like

In regards to Puzon,

I get making a survive map boss challenging, but this is… a bit much? You’re basically giving me a Great Value® Black Knight to contend with, and giving him a Hero Crest seems to communicate that he should be defeated. At this early of a stage in the game, that’s very unlikely to be done even if it was just Oswin and Marcus tag teaming.

1 Like

hard mode apprently really hard 3dmg

Just calculating how many times i use the traning axe with 16 uses it should have broken twice by now yet its still full use so i think axe faith rate is at 100%

The exp bar and use rate is proof
Dorcas has 6 luck with 1½ chance it should be 9%

1 Like

Axefaith is working as intended.
It both prevents the user from using axe durability and increase hit by luck*1.5 when using axes.

The durability thing always happens. The mention of luck is just for the hit increase.

2 Likes

I see so A rank dorcas it is then i am going to abuse it lol

1 Like

Hello. I recorded the entire playthough of your hack and Aside from the crashes Where I had to restart the whole chapter and turn off the music for a bit. I enjoyed this hack. Do you have a discord because I would want to Play more. Also imo some changes I would say so far is nerf Lungrens defense slightly because almost everyone can’t hurt him with attacks and all the magic users gets one shot. Also The gaiden chapter in Lyn mode I don’t think it’s Possible to kill Heinz in time unless you send Florina down there and even Then it’s Risky. but all in all I liked this game from the QOL it has.

2 Likes

Ya to kil heinz i rng abused the shit out of the game with lucky cits from dorcas as he was the highest level i had like level 7 or so and A rank with training axe lungrens was a pain in the ass i literally abused the game by waiting till all his weapons break took 50 turns oof pain is real

God have mercy wth are those stats and skill 80 hp!!!
Ya he is not going to die i am. Why why give him a hero crest if u cant kill him . (hawkeye, vantage and vantage+ ,experties or what ever which reduce crit to 2x,wrath and cant crit skill) he was meant to be a killing machine death wall

2 Likes

I was able to kill him so close to thr end of the chapter ends

1 Like

Just from looking at the screenshots, i just wanted to say giving a fast sword unit axebreaker is extremely funny and im all for it
The nightmare of all brigands and axe users alike

5 Likes

So after every possible abuse i finished the 15 chapters available. Current promoted units serra(bishop) and dorcas(hero)

1 Like

I would love if a discord was made so I can play more of this but I hsd fun with this… hopefully in future updates They nerf stuff like Lungren and the chapter with Dorcas a bit. and You should keep the Guiding ring on Mark on ch11 since you might not even be lvl 10 to premote him, Erk, or Sierra.

1 Like

This is the Discord link for Project 8ne for the “closed” beta. You will find the latest news and versions there. I will not release a version onto FEU until the planned batch of chapters has been thoroughly play-tested. Please come on by and say hi. I’d love to have you on the team!

1 Like

Is it ok to just lurk cause i like to see where the current progress is in the project :eyes:

1 Like