Terrible Romhack Ideas (and some not so bad ones too)

Slow Emblem: Everyone has 1 move. No boots are available. Suffer.

3 Likes

Random Crossover Emblem: Characters in game are replaced with random characters selected by taking random pages in the “Characters” category of the FE wiki. In case of a character like Palla with multiple incarnations, each of the n games is selected between with a random number from 1-n. Bosses, cut characters, and even obscure characters from backstories or manga are eligible. If they don’t have stats, make them. Lore important weapons are randomly replaced with a weapon of the same type.

Average Emblem: Every class, item, terrain bonus, move cost, calculation, etc has its stats from every game it appeared in in the series averaged out.

AI Generated Emblem: AI comes up with all the ideas, making story, maps, portraits, units, etc. You make what the AI says if the AI can’t make it itself.

All of these terrible ideas I once took a crack at. I still have some spreadsheets (which are outdated with engage’s release) for average emblem. I quit when it came to the terrain tables though. I have considered letting people view them though so you can see average class stats for example, a halberdier, to implement them in a hack.

7 Likes

Minesweeper: All maps have a number of mines which are randomly distributed with asm. (different every time the chapter is played) the number of mines placed is 18% of total map tiles on easy with increasing densities by difficulty.

EDIT:
Gaiden Emblem: A hack which uses all of the patches available in FEBuilder, plus a few other specific ones.
I actually attempted to make this once :laughing:

Fire EMBLEM RPG :
The units doesn’t moves on the map v:
The battles are in specifics maps where your units cannot move as traditional RPG v:

1 Like

Fire emblem but everyone is a staff unit :stuck_out_tongue:
but can use Wrap to move Enemies away and you can’t promote hehe.

I already made this, except the mines are randomized whenever you select a tile to move to.

FEBuilderGBA_c8XFS1AWlK

1 Like

2 Sounds like an Ogre Battle game, where generics pick from a pool of names and a pool of quotes for different events, including being petrified and death.

'Cept, you know, in your version those quotes would come in for everyone and not just player controlled units. I wonder if that’s possible with a custom [callfunction] for names that can be seeded based on… well, probably stats and if the female flag is flipped, I guess.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’d be using a modified version of FE7’s Battle Arena mode.

1 Like

i was thinking it would just be manual. Like, make every unit by hand.

Though I think FE8 has a character limit, so the game would probably have to be pretty short.

Not necessarily
See
It has a character limit but it also has many characters using the same class.
So the enemies could be a different class with the “same” character aka enemy
Since the number of main characters could be around 3~4 up to 10 like classic RPGs
And of course letting important enemies their own character
As a normal fire emblem
Just without moving
A simple battle per turn
That way you save a lot of map creation xD

Jehanna Nights, or Naked Came the Millennia-Old Dragon MILF: Each chapter is made by a different person from a different part of the outline, with as little communication between each other as possible. The goal is FEDDOP-level prose. Two chapters could be the exact same chapter twice, or different chapters written from the same section of the outline. Why not have a neural network write a chapter? Also there are rocket horses and pink sniper rifles from the future. Gheb makes a cameo to raep Big Tiddy Liddy, but before he can do so, he gets killed so hard he dies to death #RIPBOZO

Fries Emblem - Iks Joruney: Peak fiction.

2 Likes

The A-Men.
Every character is either a priest, bishop, or monk. No female characters, no other classes. All enemies are female, and the final boss is a sexy demon.

10 Likes

Trainee Emblem:

FE8, but all units start 1 promotion tier lower (Except Ross, Amelia, and Ewan, who can’t go any lower)

New trainee classes would have to be made. Like a sword one for mercs and myrmidons, and a staff one for clerics and troubadors

Units would be scaled down according to their growths. And pre-promotes would start as normal tier 1 classes (Seth as a cavalier. Dozla as a brigand, etc…)

7 Likes

That’s actually been done.

3 Likes

thats not a terrible idea that already exists and its fucking awesome

4 Likes

so like i’m on board with a hack where every chapter is made by a different person with no communication and they cannot see the other chapters, but what’s with the name? Do we really need an outline? If so, I say whoever writes it is a dedicated writer and has absolutely no control over the design of the chapters.

And… you completely lost me.

I had to read this like 4 times before I got the joke. :joy:

3 Likes

Unironically this actually has the potential to be a really fun game

4 Likes

Huh??? for real??? What’s the project name? Do you have a link?

Not the person you asked, but here you go.

I played this myself. Pretty fun.

2 Likes

Reference to Atlanta Nights and Naked Came the Stranger, two books written in this fashion.

Reference to peak fiction.

1 Like