Stop Naming Everything Knight

Topic.

Everytime some spriter or hacker comes up with a new class they just tack on the name Knight to it and call it a day:

Mage Knight
Bow Knight
Arch Knight

You all need to stop this. Previous games in the original series are guilty of this but doing this robs the game of any originality or depth. Do some research and find cool interesting names from exciting and exotic cultures. It’s not that hard.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Elibian Knights

13 Likes

Popcorn eating

Edit: Custom class names with Knight in them from my totally work in progress hack

Goddess Knight
Master Knight
Cultist Knight
Bow Knight
Gold Knight
Maid Knight
Griffon Knight
Malig Knight

Plus the vanilla classes with “Knight” in their names.

1 Like

In my hack imma have:

Glory Knight
Duke Knight
Stal Knight
Dark Knight
Mage Knight
Holy Knight
Mystic Knight
Bow knight
Great Knight
Wyvern Knight

Oh and we can’t forget about the classic Armor Knight! It wouldn’t be Fire Emblem at that point!

5 Likes

… knight knight

12 Likes
Moon Moon

20210306_032525

6 Likes

12 Likes

Why am I being trolled I have made a legitimate complaint and instead of fixing it you people have resolved to doubling down? Is what I’m asking really so difficult?

ballista knight when

4 Likes

You made a weirdly confrontational post over something that’s really very minor

8 Likes
  1. Many people actually already agree with you that Knight is an overused term in the series.

2. Your post comes across as a lecture without concrete suggestions. You could cite examples that you liked of custom classes in fangames you’ve played and focus more on the positive suggestion if you want a serious response.

3. Since we feel like we’re being told off over something that we aren’t really guilty of, it’s funnier to just make up silly examples of bad class names.

I apologize if you feel marginalized by the responses in this thread. I would suggest you approach the topic in a different way if you want to avoid the memes.

9 Likes

TLDR this is the nitpickiest thing ever

4 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.
For my apologies here is a not-knight

16 Likes

Well alright then

1 Like

So I’m the villain here?

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting: my eyeeeeess.

This is just beyond ridiculous. The Black Knight is a powerful late game enemy how dare you put him in a floral dress. I am appalled.

Cavalier should be renamed to Good Knight, so the promotion to Great Knight makes sense

7 Likes

meanwhile Order of Crimson Arm has a knight called Foskey, the Knight of Knights

3 Likes