Spud's Sprites: The Potato's Return

Just re-opening my sprite thread

Past Stuff

Just finished

Working on

Was just playing around trying to convert the Gaiden sage into a gba sprite after I realized how cool it looks.

Any Feedback?

It looks like it could work as a promoted unit

Looks Great! Only shading is shoddy here and there.

Thanks, it needs a bit of work still, (which will probably never happen) but I got the idea stuck in my head and I wanted to see how it would look. Probably won’t ever animate it, just practicing my spriting

Then I shall do it for you.

I mean, this looks great, I could get behind animating this.

That looks really good. In my mind it would work great as a Hawkeye style custom animation for a bishop or sage if you wanted a specific character to stand out.

I can’t be sure if I’ll like it or not until I see it with an animated cape billowing heroically in the wind and Renault’s palette.

Then it will be abundantly clear: Renault was the true hero of FE7.

I had an idea for the class name of your mounted Brigand. You could call it a “Highwayman.”

I had the idea of “Raider”

Are you planning to make a map sprite for the mounted Brigand?

@FPzero I will be using yours.
@BlueDruid Raider is more like Yeti’s idea of a pirate promotion though, which is what I’d use the name for. That or Seaman

Possibly, I’m going to be on a vacation all next week so I’m not going to be doing anything until I get back from that

Finished a recolor of the recruit to look more like Amelia’s portrait.

Now I am going to start on promoted animations.

RE: FE2 Sage

Perhaps you should have the cape in a more natural (i.e. not gravity-defying) position for the still frame, and have the cape flutter for the attack/crit in a way that’s reminiscent of the Gaiden sprite?

Finally someone addressed the elephant in the room. :smiley:

The shading did not look good and the colors were too dark for a battle sprite. So I decided to help out a bit.

Well yeah the flying cape is ridiculous for a standing frame. That was just the first picture I found of the sprite and I tried to recreate it.

Someone say gravity-defying?

;}

A hoof is touching the ground. How dare you imply that pegasus doesn’t simply have exquisite balance.