Skills that can only be used when a certain weapon is equiped?

Im new here so sorry if this should have been posted somewhere else, i was interested in making a rom hack and i wanted to know if i could give a character skills but those skills are only usable when a certain weapon is equiped

1 Like

This can be done in the FE8’s skill system, you can remove skills from the characters and classes and add them into items instead.

2 Likes

So how i wanted it to work, for example unit A equips (legendary weapon) and gets sol and unit B epuips it and gets luna. So like different units would get access to different skills when using the same weapon, i hope that makes sense

1 Like

Ahh, so certain characters get a unique skill instead of a set one. Definitely an interesting thought. I’d assume it’s possible, but I’m nowhere near knowledgable to really know. Good luck!

Okay no problem, thanks for showing me how put skills on items though

That functionality is not included by default. You’d have to code that yourself.

I see, i really wanna do this so i guess ill have to learn how to code

Btw do you know where i would start to learn for something like this specifically?

I wouldn’t bother trying to do the hack for conditional item based skills til you have a few basic hacks under your belt first, so start here:

btw can I put more than one skill on a weapon?

Not that I know of. You can have items with skills, like how the Iron Rune just gives a passive effect by being carried, but that’s all I can think of.