SALVAGED Tactician and Lancer arrive! (Lancer UPDATE)

Hey guys, Shep here again! Happy to announce the release of two animations we previewed at FEE3 a while back, Team SALVAGED’s Tactician and Lancer!

(Our apologies to those that have been waiting, IRL got in the way of initial hoped release dates… but we hope you’ll find the wait to have been worth it!)

We are open to all feedback and suggestions. The animations are free to use, free to modify, but if you’re willing to credit it, credit as Team SALVAGED (yes, all capitals).

Once again, this is an open-source animation. Feel free to do different skins, or whatever you feel like, just please credit Team SALVAGED. Major props to Leo_Link the main animator on these animations and all who contributed, great stuff guys!

Team SALVAGED Credits

PRIMARY ANIMATION

Leo_Link

ANIMATION/CONCEPT

ErrantShepherd

ANIMATION ASSISTANCE

Nuramon
ObsidianDaddy
2wb/Wan
Mimi/Feier

MAP SPRITES

ErrantShepherd
Mimi/Feier

CLASS CARD

Vlak
AK/Teapot

FEEDBACK

AK/Teapot
SALVAGED Chat

SCRIPTING

Blue Druid
KantoEmblem

PACKAGING

Blue Druid

The package contains magic casting and unarmed sprites for the Tactician, as well as Map Sprites and a Class Card.
The animation can be downloaded here.

SALVAGED Tactician Apr 17 2023

This package contains lance and unarmed sprites for the Male AND Female Lancer, as well as Map Sprites and a Class Card.
The animation can be downloaded here.

EDIT: PREVIOUS version was missing a scripting code. Bluid has fixed it, should work now. Please let us know if you DO have any issues!

SALVAGED Lancer M/F FIX Apr 18 2023

64 Likes

Thank you ErrantDShepherd and the rest of Team SALVAGED for releasing the new animation battle sprite.

SALVAGED Lancer or Spear Fighter has been completed, a possible FE7 Weapon Reversal will soon come a little closer to reality. Now something tells me that the Spearmaster class will be in the near future since the Spear Fighter can be promoted into a Spearmaster in FE14. At least the Halberdier class would be a good placeholder for the Lancer or Spear Fighter.

Plus the SALVAGED Tactician sprites look dope if you ask me. Would fit quite well with the Mage or Shaman lineup without the Sword. Although having a sword alongside SALVAGED Tactician would be neat since it’s closer to FE13, but we have one so no need to go the extra mile.

2 Likes

Dang these look super good! Thanks for making these!

2 Likes

Those lancer animations are amazing! Great job!!

2 Likes

The Team SALVAGED Strike Back is Amazing men @ErrantDShepherd thank to you and all of the
SALVAGED Team for the animations. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are so amazing that I’m just going to go make a new game to use them.
Great job, everyone!

2 Likes

Awesome, will be using these for one of my main lords. :blush:

3 Likes

a hack I’m playing using the lancer just froze after they attack, did yall put the right code command there? happens after the stab frame with the lance outwards

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this, Dat!

Thats unfortunate, we did test the packages of course before we released and hadn’t noticed any such issues on our end.

Would you be able to link a copy of the patch either in thread or via DM so we can check to see the issue and if theres been any changes to the script?

2 Likes

Alright, we believe weve fixed it. Please replace in said rom to confirm.

PREVIOUS version was missing a scripting code. Bluid has fixed it, should work now. Let us know if you DO have any issues, we want this Lancer to work!

SALVAGED Lancer M/F FIX Apr 18 2023

Edit: it’s been confirmed to work for the one having issues, hopefully should be no further problems.

3 Likes

Aight boss, I’ll go ahead and roger in with Ultrax

2 Likes

Wow! A really great job! This sprite sould be in every future hack!

1 Like