After FEE3 2018, I took a liking to recording LPs of projects in the community. As a hack creator and solo developer, getting feedback is incredibly important (and often difficult to get), and seeing someone else play your game while it’s in development is helpful in finding bugs, making fixes, and most importantly, seeing how other people approach your game and the experience they have. However, many projects usually don’t get much publicity or feedback until much later in dev, or until it’s complete.
I started up a YT channel recently where I record LPs and playtests specifically to showcase WIP ROM hack projects, and partner with the creators and dev teams to share feedback and record gameplay. I also occasionally will play older projects and completed ROM hacks as well to mix it up.
I’ve been toying with the idea of expanding into other areas too, namely LPing mainline games in a similar format, as well as videos around topics like map design, and interviews with project leads to talk about their experience and share insights w/ the community at large. We’ll see if I get around to this.
Chair encouraged me to share these here, so I will use this thread to post my archives and updates. I likely will not update this post with regular video uploads (there are a lot), but will post new LP playlists and archives of prior runs.
If you’re interested in having me playtest/LP your project, let me know here or shoot me a DM. I’m not particularly strict on which games I choose to record, but I generally want to work directly with the project creators since I want to ensure the feedback is constructive and collaborative, and actually being heard. Similarly, I prefer to record a version that either is about to release or recently released, versus something that is about to be outdated by a new version with fixes.
- Faith and Blood v.0.2.1 by Bloopy
- The Heroes We Deserve (3.18.19 Patch) by A_Reliable_Chair
- Dream of Five by AstraLunaSol
- Seven Siblings v.05 by WarPath
- Legends of Avenir v.5 (Mercenary Path) by 1st_lieutenant_noguchi and Snakey1
- Souls of the Forest v8 by Scraiza
- Scourge of Proxima 1.63.3 by Z-Flare, Imperial, and the Headband Gang
- Death or Glory v2.5 by NYZGamer
- The Lonely Mirror v1.1 by caladrius
- The Eligors Spear v1.2 by Zarg
- The Road to Ruin v3.0.3 by Primefusion
Vanilla FE LPs
- FE6 IRON MAN ft. Xenith
Base Conversations // Hack Creator Interview Series
Fire Emblem Design (Full Playlist Link)
- DAGDAR - A Framework for Fire Emblem Map Design
- Archers: How to Make Them Worth Using
- Making Unique Map Objectives
- Armor Knights: How to Make Them Worth Using
- Vision Quest Playtests of select maps
- Vision Quest Soundtrack - some gba tunes to bump to
- Live Stream Archives - Live playtests and art streams
- FE16: Fire Emblem Three Houses - comments on FE16
FEE3 2018 Showcases
FEE3 2019 Showcases (Links coming soon)
- Vision Quest
- Faith and Blood
- The Seven Siblings
- The Nameless Heroes
- Fallen Flame
- Tear Ring Saga Hard Mode
- Kaga Emblem
Strongly encourage you to follow the threads and join their project discords as well! Many of these projects have been updated since my recordings and most are still in active development.
Thanks all - enjoy!