LP Archive / Fire Emblem Design Videos

Thanks for all the great support the past 2 years - I’ve preserved the original post with links below:

Original Post (Video Links Here)

After FEE3 2018, I took a liking to recording LPs of projects in the community. As a hack creator and solo developer, getting feedback is incredibly important (and often difficult to get), and seeing someone else play your game while it’s in development is helpful in finding bugs, making fixes, and most importantly, seeing how other people approach your game and the experience they have. However, many projects usually don’t get much publicity or feedback until much later in dev, or until it’s complete. This usually leads to “finished” projects feeling incomplete or untested, leading to potentially frustrating experiences for players.

My focus is on the following areas:

• LPs of in-progress or recently completed ROM hacks w/ creator blessing to provide live feedback
  • LPs of old ROM hacks to archive recordings / share my thoughts
  • Design videos geared towards ROM hackers looking for inspiration, ideas, and advice
  • Interviewing ROM hack creators to get their insights and perspective on their design process, inspiration, and advice

Chair encouraged me to share these here, so I will use this thread to post my archives and updates. I likely will not update this post with regular video uploads (there are a lot), but will post new LP playlists and archives of prior runs.

If you’re interested in having me playtest/LP your project, let me know here or shoot me a DM. I’m not particularly strict on which games I choose to record, but I generally want to work directly with the project creators since I want to ensure the feedback is constructive and collaborative, and actually being heard. Similarly, I prefer to record a version that either is about to release or recently released, versus something that is about to be outdated by a new version with fixes.

Channel Link

Let’s Plays

Vanilla FE LPs

Base Conversations // Hack Creator Interview Series

Fire Emblem Design (Full Playlist Link)

Chapter Analysis (Full playlist link)

Other Videos:

FEE3 2018 Showcases

FEE3 2019 Showcases

FEE3 2020 Showcases

Strongly encourage you to follow the threads and join their project discords as well! Many of these projects have been updated since my recordings and most are still in active development.

Thanks all - enjoy!

24 Likes

Dan does a great job of giving feedback in his videos, if you’ve got a project on the go I’d highly recommend reaching out to him for an LP!

He even does unit reviews at the end, which was super helpful for balancing.

On top of that, the LP's frequently have a co-host!

It’s his cursor. The cursor is the co-host.

11 Likes

I know not of this co host you speak of, Dan clearly plays on the original GBA hardware

4 Likes

He hooks a mouse up to the GBA, duh.

4 Likes

Major respect for doing this. We need more ROM hack LPers out there.

4 Likes

First episode of “Base Conversations” with Bloopy, creator of Faith and Blood!

Playlist up in the description.

4 Likes

Liked for thumbnail of Doug the vulnerary salesman

3 Likes

Tried something new - streamed myself making maps.

Stream features the cursor in action.

5 Likes

Glad to see you finally put the cursor to use!

3 Likes

Souls of the Forest is finished. Had a great time with it, playlist link is updated. Thank you, @Scraiza !

Getting started with Scourge of Proxima tomorrow, which should take us through the end of the month. First post is updated, but won’t have anything public until tomorrow.

5 Likes

First video for Scourge of Proxima is up! Playlist link here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Na6cBiAAy79fTCdRPYTcv4DFL3TK4SH - Will be uploading this throughout the week.

1 Like

Have a new LP starting up - Death or Glory by NYZGamer.

Progress is slow with FE16 and a few other things with work/life keeping me busy, so expect uploads to slow down a little bit over the coming weeks.

First post is updated, and here is a link to the Death or Glory playlist

3 Likes

New LP starting up - Eligor’s Spear by @Zarg !

First post is updated with some other links of items I’ve worked on recently and a preview for what’s coming - enjoy!

7 Likes

We hit 100 subscribers this week. Wanted to take the time to thank everyone and talk a bit about what’s coming up next in 2020.

Let me know if there’s anything y’all are interested in seeing down the road.

6 Likes

Pandan’s hot take on route splits when

2 Likes

Ha! I had an idea for a series a long time ago where I look at different route splits or alternative choices (Ilia vs. Sacae in FE6, Arran vs. Sampson, etc.).

I don’t think my stance on route splits in general is particularly hot though lol.

1 Like

Hey all,

I’m back from holiday break and updated the first post with all the newest videos and LPs.

Two new ones starting up:

FE6 IRON MAN ft. Xenith - a co-op iron man run

Road to Ruin by Primefusion

7 Likes

Good luck on keeping it going. I hope you don’t encounter another Eligor’s Spear moment. I was looking forward to how that was going to go.

I may pick it up again, but we will see.

1 Like

The Tangela-with-Roy-hair thumbnail quite literally had me laugh out loud in my chair at work. Excited for these new series!

2 Likes