REDFE - Yes, Roy is in this game

Bro I can swear I played this map in vision quest

I would type something but when I try, the site tells me it isnā€™t a complete sentence. It was a very enthusiastic reply however.

1 Like

Iā€™m just happy to see that the project is still alive.

1 Like

Funny, yet sad that Bernard is the only red haired armor knight. I hope heā€™s as broken as Arden is in the Midori hack.

we livinā€™

Well, it was a little more than a week, but close enough that it fits into a ā€œweek or soā€.

At this point, most of the gameplay stuff for Royā€™s route should be done with some small things that still need to be touched up.

Now Iā€™ve gotta pretend I have a story and fill in the gapsā€¦

E - Left in some music I hadnā€™t meant to, new version of the patch has that fixed
E2 - There was a bug where we skipped chapter 1. iā€™m good at this normally, I swear, but please hang out in my discord for a quick response
E3 - I left music in again on the new version, screw it, Iā€™m leaving it in. I left in music that I donā€™t intend to use but this one is less grating at least?

5 Likes

Alright, I should formally put this in the thread and all although I guess itā€™s probably pretty obvious what Iā€™m going to say.

This hackā€™s dead now. Between a lot of contrasting design choices that donā€™t go together (eg. going with whatā€™s basically a reskin of the FE8 plot + wanting to have unique writing because a crossover without new writing is sad to me) as well as a complete lack of direction on my part these days, I donā€™t know where to go or what to do with the hack. Considering the lack of progress I decided it was best if I officially put it to rest.

Iā€™m a little sad to see this go since I got a lot of help from other people but thatā€™s that. As usual, my policy on this hackā€™s resources is ā€œask the original artist, I wonā€™t stop youā€. Credits for mugs are in the OP, if thereā€™s any extra detail needed, feel free to ask.

8 Likes

dang
i really enjoyed playing this at fee3, especially since xane actually worked (which was so cool to see)
gl with new endeavors

1 Like

rip Xane :pensive:

It might be dead but I still urge anyone who hasnā€™t to give RedFE a go regardless. Itā€™s a fun thing to go through if you need something relatively short.

4 Likes

Xane will always be balling in our hearts.

(No but really, rip proyect)

1 Like

This was one of the first hacks I tried when I got back into the community in 2017. Always neat to see the choices you made and seeing characters like Salem, Norris, Gazelle, and Radd get some time in the sun.

Sorry to hear it is ending. Good luck on whatever you go for next. Will be sure to give it a play.

1 Like

itā€™s been a wild ride. this was probably the first hack that i really enjoyed back in the day. good luck on future endeavors both hack and non-hack related things, and i really do recommend people giving this game a shot anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

redFE norris is still like, my favourite archer in all of hack

3 Likes