Redeyesblackdrag0n Reskins

On the bright side, Roy is finally good and will be the best answer to bosses in the early game.
Light Brand >>> Rapier.

Edit: I’m in the early game normal mode so I can’t really tell the difference in enemy stats.

update:

• sophia’s anima ranked to E
  • raigh’s anima ranked to D
  • fixed paladin’s strength
  • some unit rebalance changes

Why are Allen and Lance’s hair colors swapped to the wrong christmas cav? I thought kane was supposed to be the green cav and alba the red cav no?

Also I’m pretty sure the first boss is impossible on hard mode? The only things that damage him are light brand roy (for 10, 54 hit) and Marcus with the silver lance, who deals 4 and gets 2 shot.

I would recommend giving marcus/wolt/bors some kind of personal weapon that can deal with these bosses, like marcus getting eyvels flame sword, or bors getting the brave lance, for example.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea! The personal weapons in thracia made the game less daunting for sure.

thanks for the feedback there will be more weapons on the next update soon.

The character palette thing is unfinished lance and alen are supposed to be finn(lance) and callion(alen)
since they’re better cavaliers. And trec and noah are those alva and kain which are mediocre cavs.

1 Like

update:

• added flame sword
  • added thunder sword
  • added wind sword
  • added meteor
  • added dime thunder
  • grafcalibur
  • changed wo dao to mareeta’s sword
  • char repalette
2 Likes

My team so far

This hack really punishes you for rushing and Mounted Units are huge nerf. Lilina got str screwed early but then manages to level str midway, dieck is now a complete beast and is a victim to berserk, rutger kinda falls off with very low luck and def, as for alance they made a pretty good performance however didn’t use them much. Perceval never made a level so I guess i’ll take sacae route so that he could roflstomp and move normally.

Been playing this hack, its been a blast. I have more fun playing this hack than vanilla FE6. I have a few points of feedback from a normal mode ironman run perspective

1. Nerf the Berserker boss with the killer axe in chapter 5. Facing a high STR boss with 60 crit is not very fun. Even if you only attack at 2 range you only get sub 50 hitrate with Roy and Lugh. Alternately you can:

2. Give the player an Iron Rune early on. I suggest this since the growth scrolls of FE5 also negated crit. While there is no iron rune in base FE6, the negate crit item flag still exist (But I have no idea if it functions or not).

3. Early game bodyring? I suggest this due to the lack of CON leveling in FE6 and how heavy some weapons on. This is probably fuck up alot of balance imo so maybe not.

Edit: 4) Adding the version on the file name + proper change log. Since there’s alot of updates it’s a bit annoying for organization. Minor nitpick but just a notice.

1. Return hitrates back to vanilla FE6. They seem to be lower than vanilla FE6, which is already infamous for low hitrates. The low hit on Thracia weapons was solved by leadership stars and Charisma. Due the lack of these features due to the limited FE6 engine I believe it’s best to change it back.
1 Like
  1. This guy is a one huge problem but I have no idea on how to nerf him for many reasons, I won’t ever change the bosses stats, I wont take off his killer weapon cuz he’ll mention it when battle initiates, I can’t take off 30 crit boost since it’s part of fe6’s beauty.

2. This should help you fight dory

3. not sure about this but there’s not much of a problem doubling early game since you fight more enemies with low speed.

4. sorry for this

5. We really need skill systems for fe6 tho however i’m not even bothering hitting stuff on my normal playthrough only the lategame gets kinda annoying with those high speed mercenaries that even skill buffed dieck can miss a hit on 80 but you know just use rng abuse and burn some shitty fe6 rngs while you can. Also I think that might get extremely difficult since thracia weapons are scarier than fe6 ex. hero sword(i think hero is considered as brave in fe5) a 15 might weapon with 80 hit. But i’m not really sure about this tho.

anyways thanx for these feedback will probably update it later

The best response to Dory is putting someone with high avoid in the range of his hand axe until it breaks. Then just spam magic damage (maybe require RNG abuse to land hits though)

He’s on a berserker so he’s still gonna crit with a hand axe what I did on him was spamming him with light brand then rescue drop roy so that roy couldn’t get hit repeating all that stuff till low hp then hit him with dieck for final damage

For some reason FE6 has some cursed luck which may lead to shit like being crited by Dory even though he has a 34% hit with his hand axe.

update 1.3:

• nerfing unit stat rebalances
  • since i cannot make iron runes in fe6 this leads me to changing the boss’s stats: dory’s def, res and luck stats are now nerfed by not giving any character stat bonus now he’s going to be more fragile and unlucky
  • some minor enemy unit placement changes

FE6 Thracia Mechanics_1646369837977
I don’t know how this even happened but I fought this shaman named Cath in the Chapter 7 arena

Edit: actually every opponent in the arena is named Cath

1 Like

Bug reports: I’ve played up to the end of Ch 2 so far, and I’ve found minor bugs:
Bern 776

Bern 776(1)

Gameplay-wise, chapter 1 is actually possible on hard mode now! Good thing Marcus has the flame sword. Chapter 1 feels pretty balanced overall, and I think every unit feels usable there (Wolt could do with more reliable hitrates, however.)

Chapter 2 feels a little bit worse, the 3 forts in the map are stupidly overpowered to use for both player units and enemy units, I think regular forts should be reverted to normal gba stats, since fort tiles are quite uncommon in FE5, and you have more ways to deal with high DEF.

However, it feels decent, and with some tweaking and adding of more FE5 mechanics, I feel this has the potential to be a great hack.

Some mechanics I would add:
-Give the player more tools to work with

Examples: Giving Halvan/Wade the Brave Axe to encourage using at least one of your axebros. It would also encourage you to train your paladins’ axe rank.

Giving Hammerne 5 uses and putting it in Safy’s starting inventory. (This is to encourage you to use the tools given to you, don’t worry about completely hoarding the Flame Sword, Light Brand)

Give the player more powerful staves early on (You don’t get Warp until chapter 14, and rescue until 16. I would move Warp to a Chapter 7 village, to encourage you to warpskip the hell that is CH8. Rescue could be moved to CH11A, or CH10B.)

Universal Promotion Items (This one is pretty self-explanatory. Letting players promote units in whatever way they want gives them more freedom and control over their army’s development. No more 2 Guiding Rings til CH18, please.)

Stealing Weapons and Staves (This could be absolutely overpowered, perhaps only being able to steal D rank weapons/staves and below could work. Would require custom coding.)

2 Likes

they can me managable by manipulating the ai and they wont even stay at the fort
OR you can outpast them and steal the fort with allen since it has +1 move rn

nah

they’re pretty much the same iirc

have already thought on giving ellen hammerne but my dumbass think it will be too much for gbafe and too much forgiving since this hack is all about thracia bs feel but it’s pretty forgivable in normal mode in my playthrough so far just the typical fe6 gameplay (lategame gets insane quick, status staves, 70 hit siege tomes, overpowerd promoted enemies, thracia weapons, thracia ballistas, all kinds of abominations from hell combined)

already did these

this and canto are the only mechanics that are pretty much needed to complete this hack. Super Canto is super important for mounted units since they’re movement got nerfed in this hack. Super steal is just an incredibly based mechanic nothing much to say.

also forget to mention marcus’s axe rank is E and hero axe is B and uhh confused about this statement but anyways if you want to rank up marcus’s weapon rank just boss abuse ruud or trap a soldier inside a fort then abuse that soldier

In FE5, the brave axe is D ranked. The brave sword is A rank while the brave lance is a PRF. It is broken but hilariously fun. Its a bit strange that you decided to change weapon stats but not their ranks.

Also another issue is that your way of balancing seems leans into one playstyle. You mentioned to me eariler that I should RNG abuse due to low weapon hitrate. I’m doing an ironman run like I said so its a mute argument. You should take this into account since not everyone likes to use savestates.

oh wow my dumbass again completely forgot about this i thought brave weapons are always have higher rank but the axe has a lower rank for some reason lol sorry my mistake gonna change it on the next update and other stuff

yeah ngl i was kinda not having fun using this playstyle, balancing is kinda hard for me and i still need suggestions. Mainly the goal of the difficulty of this hack is thracia hard meaning unforgivingly difficult when blind.

3 Likes

Since the Brave Lance is a prf in FE5, can you make it a prf for Alen? That would be close to Thracia while helping Alen double early on (although it would be pretty op)