Puzzle Emblem

A one-chapter gameplay hack, made over the course of about 2 weeks.

Do you want to try the equivalent of a Fire Emblem brainteaser? Help Eirika and her comrades escape the mad king’s playground before it all explodes! You’ll have 15 turns before everything blows up. The princess is pretty stubborn though, and won’t leave unless doing so would not leave anybody else behind…

The gameplay is generally FE8’s, with a few skills thrown in, but you will need some knowledge of FE7’s mechanics to solve the whole thing. If nothing else, think of it as a chance to learn about some Fire Emblem mechanics you might not have used all that much!

There is a spoiler file, that lists all of the sub-objectives you will need to clear by the time you finish the hack. Note that part of the fun is figuring out your grand strategy, so only consult it if you’re really stumped.

Credits for FEBuilder patches used are in the credits file. I’d like to make a special shoutout to MournfulRelic, for helping make the map less eye-bleeding to look at, and to epicer for answering all my questions about hacking.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ttbcyloxh8awgm/PuzzleEmblem.zip?dl=0

If people find specific puzzles particularly difficult, I can post some hints.

Bonus: If you’ve solved the hack, try for the 14-turn solution, which will teach you about a mechanic as yet undocumented on any Fire Emblem website I’m aware of.

3 Likes

This seems very interesting.

(I oofed at first turn… wait can u just have some units suicide to win?)

I would not advise letting your units die(even though there are some unintended solutions that use that), because essentially every unit you have is going to be necessary to finish in 15 turns(particularly if you do not know the “trick” needed to finish in 14 turns, which I assume is almost everybody playing this hack).

Which part has got you stumped on turn 1? If you ever find yourself relying on < 100% chances to do anything, you can safely assume you’re doing something wrong.