Pikmin ASM

I love how there is no tangible interest in why someone would do that.

[FE8] Phantom Customization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fjnlJQbEk&feature=youtu.be

Allows you to set a list of parameters and their % chances of occuring while summoning a phantom (by character ID). This includes:

• Class
  • Inventory
  • AI

Setup is a bit complex so I left my testing case as an example. Please note that your percentages per list need to total to 100 or you might break the game.

17 Likes

[FE8] Staff BGM

Earlier, I created “Custom Heal Amounts” to add in more healing staves. But what I didn’t notice at the time was that the healing staff BGM was also hardcoded! This once again sets up 2 bytelists - one for items to use the healing staff BGM, and one for items to use the status staff BGM.

10 Likes

So I decided to use the phantom customization asm, and it turns out that any phantom that makes it to the next chapter doesn’t despawn. They are carried to the next chapter like a normal unit. So any chapter that have a battle prep, you will have to add them in as a normal unit.
If all I said above was correct, you could create a phantom army!

Are the phantoms suppose to level up? Last but not least, do you plan on making a way to differentiate what character spawn what type of class? Love the asm btw!

1 Like

I believe those things (removing from party and leveling up) are hardcoded to the Phantom class, but I can take a look at making them more modular.
The type of class is determined by the phantom’s unitID, so you can associate to character based on what phantom said character is summoning.

3 Likes

I forgot that the phantom have a lot hardcoded stuff. I also tested that you can trade with any phantom that isn’t the phantom class. Again I know that is hardcoded, but do you think there is a way to add those traits to the character id. I have no experience with asm but its a thought.

1 Like

Yeah, trading should be an easy fix. I think what I will do is have all these things check for units in the phantom summoning table to treat those units as phantoms instead of the phantom class ID.

3 Likes

[FE8 ASMC] Add / Subtract Fog Range

You can use the event command VCWF to set fog range, but there is nothing to check the current fog range. Rather than using event spaghetti, I created these two simple ASMCs that will add and subtract the current fog range by 1.

9 Likes

You should also make one that simply returns the current fog in 0xC imo. It might be useful.

2 Likes

Sure, why not. Added it to the folder.

4 Likes

[FE8] Reorganize

Adds an option to the item menu that allows you to move an item up to the highest non-equip slot. Useful for any passive held items with order-importance.

18 Likes

Hi @Pikmin1211
I’m here to report a little bug I encountered using your “prevent rescue” code, in particular the modified version to make the code work with respect to the IDs of the class and not of the unit
it’s just a small graphic bug practically in the box that comes out when you try to rescue a unit an iron sword icon appears but it’s just a small mistake that doesn’t involve anything with the game
here are some screenshots
SkillsTest.emulator-3 SkillsTest.emulator-4
I hope you can see from the photo (the second one), that there is the silhouette of an iron sword mixed with the box’s pallete
I just set it up my mounted unit can not be rescued by other unit
and at end of the day this work fine
i don’t think i did anything wrong, because i tried the unit id version and work without this glitch
(and for testing it I used SkillSystem Buildfile)
SkillsTest.emulator-0 SkillsTest.emulator-1
in the end it is nothing that the problem, so don’t worry, but I still wanted to report it since no one had done it, or at least here on the forum
I hope I am made to understand, because I am not good in English

This seems to be related to icon rework, though I can’t see anywhere that it writes that would cause any overlap. Are you certain that doesn’t happen without it installed? The sword icon is supposed to be the horse icon.

2 Likes

you must excuse me, I did not know of the existence of a code for the icons and basically activated by the Skillsystem Buildfile? because in theory to test things I use an unmodified SkillSystem, with Str/mag split.(but I don’t think it can hit that) as soon as I can I see to disable it, I don’t understand why it does this only with IDs for classes
EDIT: I saw without your code and yes there must be a problem with something else … I did a test by entering the version for unit IDs in the base game and it ran smoothly … instead the version with ID classes does not work , but I think it’s my mistake:

Line 39 - ldr r0, [r2, #0x4]
Line 47 - ldr r0, [r4, #0x4]

I change these two lines, then recompile them with the Assemble ARM, in the SkillSystem folder i think i am using the wrong program, right?
I’m sorry for bothering you, but I didn’t know about this code regarding object images

I apologize, I’m not familiar with ASM. How might I go about applying this to a rom? Is there an existing tutorial for applying these? I’m specifically interested in the one that changes warp range.

[FE8] Tonics

prep

Ever wanted tonics in GBA? Now you can have them.
Tonics are durability based so you can have all 9 tonics in one item slot.
Uses SkillSys, EMS and IER. Install instructions included in the folder.

30 Likes

You Are Epic

3 Likes

That’s really cool!

Imagine if real life had a Happiness Tonic.

Wait a minute…

[FE8] Arms Scroll

armsscroll

Raises all of a unit’s usable weapon ranks. In the case that multiple S Ranks could be achieved with the same scroll, priority is given by memory order (Sword > Lance > Axe > Bow > Staff > Anima > Light > Dark). I might revise this in the future but for now I don’t really care enough to.

To install set the EffectID to whichever you wish for the item and include the “ArmsScrollPopupText” somewhere in your text buildfile. Requires IER and PopupRework.

18 Likes