OC Emblem [COMPLETE, 25/25 Chapters]

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game so far! 6 move being the baseline really does wonders in making maps flow better, imo.

Regarding the branched promotions, I’m glad you’re enjoying them. Summoner Yukiko is quite based. I’m surprised you dislike Spellsword, though. Most people promote Elowyn to Spellsword for perks like more magic and Arcane Blade. I got the class name from Elder Scrolls, which you’ll see more of later on, especially in Chapters 11, 18, and 20. Did you unlock Chapter 10x, btw?

Also, I’ve fixed the bug regarding Krielle’s Milkshake. The event should go smoothly now.

Finally, after a couple of weeks of feeling out of it, I managed to get Chapter 24 done, even though I’m still sick!

If you’ve played Advance Wars 2, you might recognize this map and know what’s about to go down… at the very least, the red zones should clue you in! (Too bad I couldn’t simulate the big cannons, but I had to make do. :stuck_out_tongue:)

Hopefully I can get the final chapter done on time, and by “on time” I mean by Christmas time. In the wise words of Seth from FE8, “All that’s left is their leader…”

Or, more fittingly, in the wise words of Doctor Stephen Strange in Avengers: Infinity War, “We’re in the endgame now.”

Have fun y’all!

9 Likes

Excellent job with your hack man!
By the way, how did you managed to make enemies move faster? I just ask for curiosity.
I can’t wait for the final chapter to drop by, the perfect christmas gift for all.

3 Likes

Seeing those red zones and you mentioning Advance Wars 2 i am glad one turn in Fire Emblem seem to last one minute (at least in most hacks…), not one day, as i would dread day 7!

Also you convinced me with spiderman 2 pizza theme, ill have to try this hack. Good luck on making last chapter! Will come back with review/feedback later

P.S that guardian from screenshots looks like straight from Mother/Earthbound series, it looks so cool!

Chapter 24 SPOILERS

The lasers in Chapter 24 all take less than 7 turns to fire. The ones on the sides replace the big cannons so they fire every 2 turns (for 10 HP), while the one in the middle is the Death Ray, which fires every 3 turns (for 20 HP) to make for a faster pace. You might wanna avoid getting the bosses killed by the lasers since it’ll break the eventing I set up for the chapter. You also have to watch out for the main boss, as Sturm has 99 HP and a 5-use Meteor spell, which has 50 hit but reduces the target’s HP to 1 if it hits.

As for the guardians, they’re from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Just found a (free to use) GBA-style sprite of them to reconstruct and use. They appear throughout the game at different points to serve as tanky robot enemies with big lasers. They also use Neotank map sprites because that was the closest thing i could find lol.

Ah yes, i reached chapter 7x and i noticed that cadet sprite is very… familiar XD

So far i enjoy this game a lot! Glad i tried it.

1 Like

So i found one bug that is a little annoying. So, there are many stat boosters which is nice but one of them doesnt seem to work… It’s the mag boosting one.

btw how you put spoiler tag? i planned to do a screenshot but without the tags it would spoil too much for some people, even if its just item menu in planning.

1 Like

The Mag booster cannot be used in preps because it forces a unit to promote when used in preps due to a bug. You can use it during maps though.

Put details=SPOILER between [] before the text and then put /details between [] after the text.

interesting… thank you for explanation. Perhaps some prompt in-game about this bug would be nice so others can know too?

1 Like

The enemies move faster than before?, how did you manage that?

1 Like

I just implemented the patch that makes enemies act quicker.

There’s a patch for that?

1 Like

Yes
specifically this one

Interesting, that’s a really handy patch.

1 Like

Hohoho! Merry Christmas, everyone! And just in time, it’s time to publicly announce that OC Emblem’s endgame has now been released, finally marking the game COMPLETE!

Granted, the Endgame has been out since December 22, but I decided to hold off on publicly announcing it until Christmas, exactly two years after the initial public release. Lemme get the description I just edited into the original post:

This concept started as an idea back in November 2018, to bring together a group of people, to see if they could become something more. You know how it goes by now. It had a pretty rough start. After some failed attempts to get it off the ground, on May 22, 2021, I decided to go for a fresh start on a blank slate. The result you can now play from start to finish is a fun, lighthearted adventure that’s a love letter to both all the friends I love and all the series I enjoy. I’d like to thank everyone who has stuck around with me this far, especially my best friend Evielution. Her unwavering kindness, compassion, and support really helped motivate and inspire me to see this project to its completion.

Thank you, everyone; my friends, my playtesters, everyone who has provided feedback, support, and other things that have helped me along the way. I wouldn’t be here without you all. :')

12 Likes

Congrats Purple Mage! this a perfect gift to celebrate this Christmas, a great hack to play during these holidays.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Fun fact: Roughly 1/3 of the entire game is set on maps with snow palettes, and at least 3 more maps have snowy weather at some point as part of chapter events!

1 Like

That makes finishing your hack just in time for Christmas a very funny coincidence.

1 Like

Indeed. Then again, the very first public release was exactly two years ago, and the very first map was a snow map. :stuck_out_tongue:

Another factor at play is that I’m from the tropics so I’m heavily inclined towards anything cold because I find it preferable to melting. This shows in my taste in fiction, and is reflected in the game itself. I blame Snow Pea from Plants vs. Zombies for opening the door to cold-powered characters for me.

1 Like

Fire Christmas and a Happy New Emblem for the completion of your hack!

Wait.

1 Like