Necrosis Among the Living

Kill the unit named ‘Leader.’

ok (only stole his item last time)
so… lethality is still on assassin right?
and the 13x had a wall that doesn’t break after reaching 0 hp
and you can’t save all the slaves?
squire description doesn’t fit actually weapon use…

and is sword and axes balanced? tier E sword has 95 hit but axe has 75 only
and there’s a special promotion item for aaron right? not hero crest

no restore staff bruh

Lethality is still for Assassins.

The wall issue is weird. Luckily, in 13x it shouldn’t. matter that much. You don’t have to save the slaves in 13x like you did in 10 - only recruit Sythe by talking to him. (edit: yes you can stop the Monk from killing the slaves, and you will get a reward for saving all of them)

Swords are more accurate than axes, isn’t normal FE like that?

Aaron will promote without you having to do anything, no Hero Crest necessary. I believe I fixed that.

There are one or two Restore staves in the game.

I managed to save all the slaves in 13x. Just have the dancer and an armor slayer for Aaron.

Use the armor slayer to take out the armor knight blocking your path.

Then move a unit capable of one rounding the light mage with a siege tome, to the edge of the dancers range.

Dance, then kill that mage.

The light mage will kill a slave at the start of every enemy phase, killing him on turn 1 stops that. Idk if there is any benefit to this, except self satisfaction.

@Aegius

Loving this hack and it is clearly going to be one of my favorites!

I think another poster mentioned this issue earlier, about how any action he takes results in a game over. I’m running into the same issue on chapter 22. Whatever action I take results in a game over, and if I modify deployment slots to make sure no unit is in range of an attack, I get a game over after the first enemy action as well. Wondering if you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Playing on VBA.

Alternatively if this isn’t fixed, I was wondering if anybody has a save that doesn’t result in this issue. I could start over but I’d like to beat vanilla challenge first and then try a new save on the hardest difficulty.

Congrats on the game btw

Oh I completely forgot! Yes, you are correct. @Ribombee, you can save the slaves in 13x. That Monk will kill a slave each turn (except Sythe), starting on turn 1. There are at least three ways to stop it though: having a unit of yours with ranged magic or a long bow, if you gave a Boots to certain units, they would have enough Movement to get to the Monk, or using the Bard to refresh a unit to get there.

I think there is actually a reward for saving them all. I believe that’s how you get your second Reveal Gem. Thanks for chiming in, @Violentvito

This is one of the harder/more obscure “mini-quests” in the game, so don’t feel too obligated to complete it. The desert items that this Reveal Gem reveals (in Ch 21) are cool, but they’re not paramount to a playthrough.

Thanks for the message! Can you send me your .sav? I should be able to investigate it to see what’s triggering that game over flag. Worst case scenario, there are a few ways to resolve it even if we can’t deduce the exact trigger. Rigas had this issue, but we were able to get past it. So, not to worry.

Really appreciate you being responsive! I know development is a massive time sink with 500 things all vying for your attention at once.

Anyways sav file attached here

1 Like

Oh I did only let one of them die and still get reveal gem
And the ch14 merc bug can be evaded by not checking his preview right?
Nope fighting him will cause bug too

Welp, enjoy the oversight.

I’m looking at your save now. Going to investigate to make sure it’s that Merc since he shouldn’t have the 1-2 range weapon still.

I found a rune sword in Chapter 20, but I can’t get the reveal gem to work. Funny enough I have 2 gems.

my game is still freezing on chapter 14 with the cavalier, has anyone found a solution to avoid the issue? this is the most recent patch.

lack of lockpicks starting at ch14 btw, no thiefs to steal and no extra picks
and healers too

have you been able to avoid your game freezing on chapter 14 because of the reinforcements?

they’re reinforcement? idk cuz of the FOW
you can directly send your .sav to the hack maker and he will fix it for you.
the bugs are so annoying
hope he can fix them instead of fixing the .sav

im not tech savvy what so ever unfortunately so idk how. to do any of that…

Are you stepping into the desert area with the unit holding the gem? Whereas Ch 13 was all desert, Ch 20 is only half desert. So it doesn’t activate by simply being on the map; the unit holding it must step into the desert side of the map.

Hm, how did you get two? Did you use the first one in Ch 13?

Good to know the Ch 12 issue is fixed at least… I’m going to completely rebuild the events and spawns for Ch 14. Should take an hour or two. I’ll tag you when the new patch is uploaded.

Zelbar has Pick (skill).

I did use it, and it stayed in my inventory.

I stepped into the desert section with just one and with both gems on a character. Nothing happens.

I ended up finding Gold, a Runesword, and some other sword. Hope I didn’t miss anything too good.

Looks like you missed the Master Seal, and either the Zweihander or Wind Sword (depending on which sword the “some other sword” is).

Hm, the Reveal Gem works when I tested it just now. If you want, you can send me your .sav to investigate. Up to you. (man I forgot how awful those tiles look, I’ll revisit that as well)

Ok, I missed a Wind Sword and Master Seal. Both are pretty pointless for me anyway. I have plenty of 1-2 range options on all my sword users by this point. I also have my whole regular army promoted. But if it helps you at all here is my .sav

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=02815603946596665485

I have encountered a number of game freezing enemies. Maybe I am using an outdated version. I have been able to get around them using GBA.emu luckily.

Is the link at the top the most updated version?

The Reveal Gem works on the save you sent me. I don’t know why experiences differ so much between people, I guess emulators are the differing factor. Very odd though.

The link at the top will always be the most recent version.

I’ve pasted it here for @Abyssknight24 as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x7kh2xsoiszmc0/NAtLvB68B2.ups?dl=0