Necrosis Among the Living

Thanks for the notes. And the boss of prologue 2 isn’t supposed to move.

Kill the boss on the bottom left corner of the map.

The officer? i killed him but can not clear map ~

Playing this game recently and i was at ch12 but after the cutscene the game will blackout and because of that I can’t continue my progress.

1 Like

I got a bug while playing chapter 6 in which the game will crash if I move into the top portion of the map, meaning I cannot finish. I don’t know if that has already been discovered, or if it has only happened to me. Thanks, great hack from what I played!

I second this bug the game stops on this mercenary turn

the one that is in the picture

I also encounter this one, well he say he’s still polishing in process so it’s understandable

@jkrellfish349 @Unknown

Thanks for the report. I believe the cause (for some reason) is that mercenary up there. A tester reported a similar issue, but I never encountered it on my various playthroughs. I had thought it may be an emulator-specific or fluke issue, but it seems not.

For now, this new version should fix it (I’ve simply removed this mercenary). I have to run out for a few hours right now, but I will look at this more in depth when I return. Hopefully, this “solution” resolves it for the moment. Regardless of whether this new version fixes it or not: if you don’t want to restart the chapter, PM me your most recent save before the freezing, and I should be able to get you set up at the same point, but without the freezing. It also sounds like you may be able to get through it by just avoiding moving the cursor near that unit? So you could try that as well.

@Jshmra A tester reported the Ch12 issue, but only on mgba. If you’re using mgba, another emulator may get you passed that point. Otherwise, please send me your save or battery state so I can reproduce it. I’ll check on my own copies later, but I’m not sure if I can reproduce it on my own.

1 Like

Thanks! @Aegius

That fixed the problem. I do have a few more questions that have come up:

1. The apprentice mage you recruit turns into a promoted unit, rather than a non-promoted. Is that intentional?
  2. How is money made in the hack, since we constantly have to pay the locals reparations for each battle…and we do not receive any gold or gems throughout the hack so far.
  3. Just a suggestion, given the amount of units we receive, I wonder if there would be a way to implement more units per battle in some instances.

Thanks! I love the hack so far, just was curious about these things. Great work!

1 Like

Thanks for the notes.

Eve is the only unit in the game with two promotions. Her first promotion is a pseudo-“promoted” type unit. But I think that class/animation is actually classified as T1? Not 100% sure. She upgrades to the T2/final animation after another 10 levels. The current setup is intentional.

I intended for the gold you get after specific chapters to be the main source of income; that and selling excess gear as well. Are you playing on hard mode? Since I didn’t test that mode much, it may be that the income system is too punishing on hard. It’s pretty lenient on regular mode. I consider myself an average player at best, and I never had an issue with gold or reached the negative threshold. But it looks like I need to adjust the thresholds for hard.

Adding more units to chapters will make the chapter easier. I’m not opposed to doing this, but I also don’t want to do it just for the sake of having more units, because that upsets the balance. While 8 - 10 is the norm in early game, you’ll start getting 12 person chapters and the odd 14 one here and there in the game’s second half. If people are consistently saying you don’t get enough units for certain chapters, I’d probably increase it. But I want to get collected feedback on this before doing anything.

Thank you! @Aegius I appreciate you taking the time to address these.

The screen turns black after the conversation in beginning of chapter 12

Is this issue still present for you?

Can you send me your save/battery file that is closest to the beginning of Chapter 12? Also, it may be helpful to try another emulator, just in case.

EDIT: I just tried going from Ch 11 to Ch 12 on a hard mode save someone sent me - I could not reproduce the blackout :/. I’ll keep trying to see if I can trigger it somehow. But please still send me your saves if it’s still an issue.

why do magic users dont show their magic weapon panel and exp gained and also the message menu for imperials doesnt have a message

Re: magic weapon ranks, I don’t exactly know. A few months ago, I had issues with two patches that affected weapon rank display - one was stealthily injected alongside a seemingly unrelated patch that didn’t mention this fact. This caused a conflict and a lot of crashing. I managed to uninstall the problematic patch, and the crashing is gone. However, the remaining side-effect is that only melee weapon ranks are shown, even for magic units. I’m not really sure how to debug this.

And as it’s not directly related to current stability issues, it’s not a priority at the moment. It could be as simple as installing/reinstalling a patch, which I’ll try in a bit, but otherwise I’m not sure.

Got it, will add a little line or two for imperial units.

A general note: it turns out Aaron can be promoted before he’s supposed to be, via a Hero Crest. I’d advise against doing this - his promotion will occur for story purposes, and I’m not sure if promoting him beforehand could cause bugs. The next version will remedy this possibility.

You used patches?
Nvm and anyways the recruit condition is kinda unclear if didnt read the recruitment notes I had to get everyone next to the scout to recruit him
And why does he has higher stat caps than unpromoted class? He’s another jeigan? (And tethes stat caps are even higher)
And 6 move why

And the shaman chapter is kinda tough
They are legit swarming from 2 chokes
Ry broke the lightning tome and I had to luck out eventually

Ch5 who tf is the boss dont see a portraited enemy or a boss sign
What is the serker doing here
And theres a stealable energy ring but no thiefs

I just updated the top post with a “Data” section that includes recruitment info.

Stat caps and the level cap have been increased due to the XP gain. It will make sense later in the game. Enemies also go past level 20 and are stronger than regular FE8.

Who has 6 move?

Shaman chapter shouldn’t be bad if you don’t go for the Boots. You should be able to purchase another Light tome in the following chapter (or at Prep shop, I think). I’ll look at the difficulty again though and consider giving Light more uses. I think that would fit its niche quite well actually.

The bosses are the two Scouts/Nomads on the bottom left. Berserker is an area denial tool - you could go that way and take him out, but you’ll almost certainly lose a few party members if you try. So I think it’s best to go around to the right side.

The Energy Ring should drop on kill for that Soldier.

It’s okay now i’m playing it with ease now thanks for taking time to check the problems. Oh and the male troubadour become a trans after promotion even his class change It’s quite good actually because he instantly rating A in dark skill

Edit: The bard? is it intentional that he can use Staves and Dark tomes?

1 Like

Alex 6 mov scout, no I saw Ry and others has 20 stat cap too, but length of Alex’s exceeded it

I heard tethes said move south so I thought it’s south path more safer, and there’s 2 chokepoints which probably is safer than forest

no I think you shd give another light tome at previous chap? 45 use is pretty enough

nope the ring didn’t show green colour

Ch6 game goes error if you scroll at enemy info (down)

Pretty sure most units didnt get increased stat cap

Kain had axe rank

Ch6 will freeze the game after turn 4 enemy phasethe monks act

In chapter 6 it says tethes or david recruit the thief but i havent been able to see tethes in my units for a couple of chapters now so i thought it was normal till i saw recruitment guide…also the soldier i get shows he can use axe aswell but there is no animation…pegasi isnt weak against bows in ch7.

Somehow the Energy Ring drop got unset - thanks for bringing it up. I’ve corrected it for the next version.

For the Chapter 6 freeze - are you using the newest version? There was a freeze related to the mercenary by the main gate, but it is resolved in the newest version.

Huh, that’s weird. Him dying should yield a game over - do you recall if he died during a chapter? It shouldn’t be that anyway; I’m looking at my files and his death quote is properly setup, no duplicate above (or below). Tethes should load in with Aaron at the very start of Chapter 1 and be a player unit from there on out. I don’t think it’s even possible to scene-skip his joining. Can you send me your save? EDIT: Also, Tethes gets LOAD’d in like almost every cutscene - that should be putting him in your party if he’s not there. Hm. Yeah going to need your save to investigate further.

Kain should not be able to use axes - thanks for the note, I’ve corrected it for the next version.

Pegusi have no abnormal vulnerability to bows in this hack. I note the reasoning a bit in the ‘Major Changes from FE8’ section.

I was entertaining the idea some time ago, but decided against it. I’ll remove the weapon ranks - thanks.