Music Comp Blitz #1

Open from January 28 to February 28

Download:

The Goal:

Make as many F2U/E dank tunes as possible.

Hey all, Chair here,

There have been a boatload of resource blitzes and like, only one of them was focused on music. So I opted to start this one. I don’t expect a big turnout, given that music comp isn’t really something the community is interested in.

That being said, here are the guidelines:

• Your composition must be original
  • Please title your track and state the situation it’s intended for (e.g. Attack/Defense Theme, Enemy Phase Map Theme, Character Death Theme, etc.)
  • Do not concern yourself with any insertion limitations (including instrumentation), that’s up to the end-user
  • .midi file submissions are mandatory, you can include an mp3/wav/ogg version for sampling purposes

There aren’t many of us musically inclined/interested folk around these parts, but we can rise up and show 'em what’s what!

Obligatory: no tlp style minimugs

Also, pinging @Agro so he doesn’t miss this like the last music contest! Looking forward to hearing your beats you crusty old bag!

19 Likes

Here you go.

Endless Dream - Player Phase
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NmBqwt-TmOk3LmzBAzW2VwbjQ7zSKH1t/view?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Cobbled this together real quick. Seal of quantity.

Attack Theme - Kerfuffle

It includes a .s file ready to go, but you can tinker with the midi itself.

Preview

4 Likes

Here’s a theme I just made, it’s called Spark:
It’s meant as a player phase attack theme.

tlp Also here’s a TLP-style minimug

6 Likes

Banned.

5 Likes

Don’t you mean band?

4 Likes

Seal of Quanitity bby

Early Game Player Phase Theme - A New Journey

Includes a .s file ready to go, as well as the midi.

Preview

2 Likes

That’s a very pleasant track Chair.

1 Like

I need to write something for this. Posting to hold myself accountable

2 Likes

Character Death/Game Over Theme: Flicker And Fade

As usual, includes everything.

Preview

4 Likes

Great work on the theme for 2020!

1 Like

Too soon

1 Like

yay I wrote something

I saw this and was like “oh I should use the minor blues scale too”

and then I switched gears and ended up making it in major as elevator music instead

MP3 Preview
Note: Probably won’t sound exactly the same ingame, I’m not really familiar with midi :sweat_smile:
There are some drums in there but I can’t hear them in the preview :man_shrugging:

Score / Sheet Music

Midi file

I probably wouldn’t use this in a fire emblem game. Maybe you could use it in the supports menu…?

4 Likes

Any music can fit your fire emblem game if you deviate far enough.

4 Likes

Eh, may as well throw something in. It’s a quick theme I whipped up; works for enemy phase, either map or battle (although not especially well for either). Free to use and edit, as long as you give credit.

Enemy Phase Map/Battle Theme: Reprisal

Preview

fire emblem the last promise 2

And have a TLP minimug for good measure. (The portrait itself is one of my submissions to Mugging Blitz 11.)
fighter minimug

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Oh, and take another thing. It’s not great, though.

Player Phase Battle Theme: Strike Them Down

Preview

I don’t feel like putting another TLP minimug here. Have fun.

3 Likes

Happy Cutscene: Sunday Morning

Includes all the things.

Preview

I’ve got like a handful more songs to add, will make them insertable in the near future.

1 Like

I made a defense (Enemy phase attack) theme called Brutal Siege!

MP3 Preview
MIDI Download
.S Download

lol you can’t stop the portraits chair

3 Likes

Hot damn that’s tense!

And no I can’t stop the tlp minis because kaga has cursed me for my hubris, and my efforts are always in vain!

Okay I wrote another one - this one’s called Ethereal Mist. I like this one a lot more than my previous one.

This 2 minute tune is a relaxing one, I think.

Mp3 Preview (should sound identical ingame)

Midi file.

.s insertable file (nimap2)

If anyone has suggestions for songs to copy, let me know! :slightly_smiling_face: This one was influenced by Chrono Trigger’s Secret of the Forest, among other things. I prefer the CT song, but I hope my imitation is pleasing :smile:

6 Likes