Mugging Blitz Round 12

Ugly disgusting thing i almost used in EDGE, “cleaned” and given a minimug
Dancer Innes finalgba

And Isaac from The Binding of Isaac
Isaacfinalgba Isaacfinalgbablackout

8 Likes

Part 2: Avatar Bogaloo
Echo FCorrin (SomeDenseGuy, Wasdye)Echo MCorrin (Lenh, Wasdye)
Echo FRobin (Imperial, Wasdye)Echo MRobin (SatoshiKura, Wasdye)
Again, credits to the original spriters: SomeDenseGuy, Lenh, Imperial and SatoshiKura

Also fixed the formating on these two mugs I posted on the last blitz
Caska (CaringCarrot, Wasdye UPDATED)Megamanexe (Wasdye UPDATED)
Credits to CaringCarrot for the original Caska mug

7 Likes

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Bunch of dudes I made with some alts

10 Likes

deltadelta2delta3denice
MACELOmeddyreginareikah
sior2tanyuuZEST
solasola2zoezoe2

Does things made by character creator count?
F2E anyways.

3 Likes

aviculturistbox2
bucktooth sage

9 Likes

Mercenary Duo:
DariusMarius
Darius and Marius

11 Likes

ASARIcileah2CLOE
edvinn2ELEl2
elifyelify2elify3
oldnobeleditedrennacathSanda
SandarashiakaVALT
Originally post from EDGE

EFG
co

2more by character creator

7 Likes

I almost forgot to post something cool, so… uhm…
Have this spliced Tiki with a custom Tiara :slight_smile:
New Tiki

7 Likes

Just because of that i’m replacing my Minimugs with TLP mugs when i’ll end up submitting them. TLP mugs are as valid as any other mugs.

2 Likes

This rule isn’t a slight against TLP. It’s to save artists from wasting a bunch of time making a mug that is incredibly unlikely to be used.

If someone wants to use TLP minis in their project, the fact that nearly everything in the blitzes/repo has regular minis is not a deterrent in any way, because it is very easy to replace them with TLP minis.

But if someone wants to use regular minis (and it seems that almost everyone does), what are they supposed to do when they come across a mug that they really like but it has a TLP mini? Not everyone who comes to blitz threads looking for assets to use is an artist, so not everyone will be able to edit their own mini onto it - and from your phrasing it sounds like you’re perfectly capable of providing your own so this seems awfully spiteful towards the target audience of asset blitzes.

4 Likes

Well then i will apologize as i interpreted the TLP mug rule as a slight against TLP’s mugs.

guard 2
Two guards just doing guard things

10 Likes

Alright, big post. I’ll start with an actual sprite submission:

3d70f149c5e7f8765a681ecc387bd8af6d1d1eea (2)
I fuckin love one of @Relic’s submissions and I’ve always wanted to see a sprite pull off vitiligo.
I spliced a different body on for a different project. Credit to @XVI as it was from one of their mugs.

Now onto other things I needed to reply to:

Historically, the rules have been there not to be strictly enforced (aside from no art theft for hopefully obvious reasons) but to set general guidelines on how your submission should look like, so there’s nothing wrong with submitting TLP minis, it’s just heavily discouraged. That’s why they’re guidelines, after all. The only issues begin with stuff that can’t be properly inserted that isn’t easily fixable or, well, art theft. No one likes a Chrobin.

I should reword it if I host again to make it clearer that like, making a mini is preferred over a TLP mini but we’re not going to straight-up remove it from a compilation.

No, they aren’t. I’m not putting anything that isn’t formatted in the package and anyone rejecting a sprite for having a TLP mini shouldn’t be hosting a Mugging Blitz.

Just to set a precedent here, there’s nothing wrong with using character creator for the Mugging Blitz and rejecting it inherently goes against the spirit of the event anyways in allowing all skill levels of spriters to participate. So yes, character creator has and most likely always will be allowed.

“compile when”

I can already see the surmounting backtalk on all the times I’ve failed to compile a Mugging Blitz, so just putting this here - this time is different.

“where has serif been?”
Busy. I don’t have an elaborate announcement, just don’t expect to see much of me at all on Discord or Twitter as I’ve got many things I need to finish and a debt to repay. Please don’t DM me here or another platform about it - I’ll be back eventually, but not any time soon.

9 Likes

Today’s the last day as I’m posting the compiled package when it’s midnight for me. If there’s any last-minute submissions, post them now.

2 Likes

Oh my god, so cute! Wow!

2 Likes

This was the last thing regarding the tlp thing
I still don’t see a purpose in enforcing it for reasons I mentioned in the previous post. But it’s like whatever do what you want

Fuck I didn’t submit anything

Uhhhhhh

fatarcher

Here’s an archer dude

2 Likes

I made a generic version of the 𝐹𝒶𝓃𝒸𝓎 Bard in multiple colors:

Generic_Bard_Blue Generic_Bard_Red Generic_Bard_Green
Generic_Bard_Brown Generic_Bard_Pink Generic_Bard_Grey

17 Likes

.>says I’ll compile at midnight
.>hour late

Anyways here’s the package, download it here!

9 Likes