Mugging Blitz Round 12

deltadelta2delta3denice
MACELOmeddyreginareikah
sior2tanyuuZEST
solasola2zoezoe2

Does things made by character creator count?
F2E anyways.

3 Likes

aviculturistbox2
bucktooth sage

9 Likes

Mercenary Duo:
DariusMarius
Darius and Marius

11 Likes

ASARIcileah2CLOE
edvinn2ELEl2
elifyelify2elify3
oldnobeleditedrennacathSanda
SandarashiakaVALT
Originally post from EDGE

EFG
co

2more by character creator

7 Likes

I almost forgot to post something cool, soā€¦ uhmā€¦
Have this spliced Tiki with a custom Tiara :slight_smile:
New Tiki

7 Likes

Just because of that iā€™m replacing my Minimugs with TLP mugs when iā€™ll end up submitting them. TLP mugs are as valid as any other mugs.

2 Likes

This rule isnā€™t a slight against TLP. Itā€™s to save artists from wasting a bunch of time making a mug that is incredibly unlikely to be used.

If someone wants to use TLP minis in their project, the fact that nearly everything in the blitzes/repo has regular minis is not a deterrent in any way, because it is very easy to replace them with TLP minis.

But if someone wants to use regular minis (and it seems that almost everyone does), what are they supposed to do when they come across a mug that they really like but it has a TLP mini? Not everyone who comes to blitz threads looking for assets to use is an artist, so not everyone will be able to edit their own mini onto it - and from your phrasing it sounds like youā€™re perfectly capable of providing your own so this seems awfully spiteful towards the target audience of asset blitzes.

4 Likes

Well then i will apologize as i interpreted the TLP mug rule as a slight against TLPā€™s mugs.

guard 2
Two guards just doing guard things

10 Likes

Alright, big post. Iā€™ll start with an actual sprite submission:

3d70f149c5e7f8765a681ecc387bd8af6d1d1eea (2)
I fuckin love one of @Relicā€™s submissions and Iā€™ve always wanted to see a sprite pull off vitiligo.
I spliced a different body on for a different project. Credit to @XVI as it was from one of their mugs.

Now onto other things I needed to reply to:

Historically, the rules have been there not to be strictly enforced (aside from no art theft for hopefully obvious reasons) but to set general guidelines on how your submission should look like, so thereā€™s nothing wrong with submitting TLP minis, itā€™s just heavily discouraged. Thatā€™s why theyā€™re guidelines, after all. The only issues begin with stuff that canā€™t be properly inserted that isnā€™t easily fixable or, well, art theft. No one likes a Chrobin.

I should reword it if I host again to make it clearer that like, making a mini is preferred over a TLP mini but weā€™re not going to straight-up remove it from a compilation.

No, they arenā€™t. Iā€™m not putting anything that isnā€™t formatted in the package and anyone rejecting a sprite for having a TLP mini shouldnā€™t be hosting a Mugging Blitz.

Just to set a precedent here, thereā€™s nothing wrong with using character creator for the Mugging Blitz and rejecting it inherently goes against the spirit of the event anyways in allowing all skill levels of spriters to participate. So yes, character creator has and most likely always will be allowed.

ā€œcompile whenā€

I can already see the surmounting backtalk on all the times Iā€™ve failed to compile a Mugging Blitz, so just putting this here - this time is different.

ā€œwhere has serif been?ā€
Busy. I donā€™t have an elaborate announcement, just donā€™t expect to see much of me at all on Discord or Twitter as Iā€™ve got many things I need to finish and a debt to repay. Please donā€™t DM me here or another platform about it - Iā€™ll be back eventually, but not any time soon.

9 Likes

Todayā€™s the last day as Iā€™m posting the compiled package when itā€™s midnight for me. If thereā€™s any last-minute submissions, post them now.

2 Likes

Oh my god, so cute! Wow!

2 Likes

This was the last thing regarding the tlp thing
I still donā€™t see a purpose in enforcing it for reasons I mentioned in the previous post. But itā€™s like whatever do what you want

Fuck I didnā€™t submit anything

Uhhhhhh

fatarcher

Hereā€™s an archer dude

2 Likes

I made a generic version of the š¹š’¶š“ƒš’øš“Ž Bard in multiple colors:

Generic_Bard_Blue Generic_Bard_Red Generic_Bard_Green
Generic_Bard_Brown Generic_Bard_Pink Generic_Bard_Grey

17 Likes

.>says Iā€™ll compile at midnight
.>hour late

Anyways hereā€™s the package, download it here!

9 Likes