Mokha's Hacks Sundries

FE6 style StatScreenfx

fe8_hacks_sundries/wizardry/StatScreenfx at main · MokhaLeee/fe8_hacks_sundries (github.com)

Just as the image, let FE8U statscreen display in FE6 style.

This patch has no conflict to SkillSystem, you can directly use this patch to your skillsystem with no worry.

15 Likes

No wait after trade

Unit may not wait after trade with unit nor supply.

Download here

In vanilla, if unit has traded with somebody, he can handle other action freely but can only wait if player want to control other units. You can get more details here. This taken action is saved in gBmSt + 0x3D, and may casue wait during pre-action handler PlayerPhase_PrepareAction. This patch hacked such function and handle on actions before that handler in modular.

9 Likes

Dummy Spell anim fix

Download Here

Suppose you set Rapier’s range as 1-2 without configuration on SpellAssoc::efx, you may got a problematic animation as a result that dummy efxmagic does not deal the hitted anim properly. This patch fixed on dummy spell anim as below:
vanilla → 2

fixed → 1

8 Likes

FE7 style thunder bmfx

Download here

Port form FE7 event thunder fx to FE8U with API bmbgfx, event script is intergrated, you may save the target character index to slot2 and directly call for event EventScr_CallThunderfx

Example

SVAL 2 Riev
CALL EventScr_CallThunderfx
SVAL 3 0x6 // x
SVAL 4 0x8 // y
CALL EventScr_CallThunderfxAtPosition
11 Likes

FE7 style SpawnAssassinfx

Download here

Usage (see here)

SVAL 3 0x6     // [slot3] = x
SVAL 4 0x8     // [slot4] = y
ASMC CallEvent_SpawnAssassinfx
STAL 1

Port from FE7, you can also directly load an Assassin after call for such bmfx just as what it did in FE7

6 Likes

Isn’t this already a thing? Or is yours different?

1 Like

It seems just an image? Here we mainly focus on wizardry, to make more open-sourced asm/c hacks rather than sharing spritans.

I made a patch that displays some arbitrary 64x64 gif / sequence of images as a 16 colour sprite at whichever coordinates on screen. So someone used it to play this animation ingame already. But what you did was an actual port of the fe7 code for it.

3 Likes

Ah, my bad

Event-thunder-fx add new API:

SVAL 3 0x6 // x
	SVAL 4 0x8 // y
	CALL EventScr_CallThunderfxAtPosition

This eventscr can directly call a thunder on map

Excuse me I’m trying to install this with FEBuilder, I’m sure I did right:
Run->Insert Events via Event Assembler->select file->Load Script
But I got this message:

Finished.
1 errors encountered:
File StatScreenfx.event, Line 7, Column 1: No code named PROC_END found.

No data written to output.

I guess is because this line

So I can’t install this and I want to use it, if you have a solution I’ll thank you

@HauntRS_0337
It seems that FEB could not include ProcDefinitions automatically. I have updated that file, you may download latest repo to fix it.

2 Likes

Hi there, I tried again but I got a new error

Finished.
2 errors encountered:
File: StatScreenfx.event, Line: 2: File Extensions/ProcDefinitions.txt not found.
File StatScreenfx.event, Line 10, Column 1: No code named PROC_END found.

No data written to output.

Add a space
#include "Extensions/Proc Definitions.txt"

thanks for the suggestion but when I tried, it didn’t work. The error went the same.

Finished.
2 errors encountered:
File: StatScreenfx.event, Line: 2: File Extensions/Proc Definitions.txt not found.
File StatScreenfx.event, Line 10, Column 1: No code named PROC_END found.

No data written to output

I don’t know so much about this but I guess is lacking a folder called “Extensions” with the file called “ProcDefinitions.txt”

Febuilder uses a different default path than a buildfile. It’s including from the EventAssembler folder feb uses.

In any case, you can just add the file yourself:
https://github.com/Veslyquix/ASM/blob/main/CannotDie/ProcDefinitions.txt

1 Like

Hey now it worked, thanks for the explains and the files

1 Like

Recent progress:

Engage style break status :yum:

20 Likes

Recent progress:
Engage style combo-attack :yum:

26 Likes

I’m guessing when the engage stuff is finished it’s going to be customizable