(Anyone have an idea for a banner?)
With the success of 1H Blitz, I’ve decided to take up this contest for now as well. I hope to alternate between the two every few months.
Traditionally this contest has been lead by Ghast or Alusq to great success. Unfortunately Ghast stated that he has no plans to continue this contest. So I talked to Alusq and he provided me some great feedback & advice, and encouraged me to go ahead with the contest. Even though MAFC has had its fair share of drama and setbacks, a lot of great results have come out of it nonetheless. One of its biggest issues was gigantic maps that took way too long to complete, so I’ve banned those. It seems that the
loot boxes with assets that Alusq sent everyone was a fun idea, but it’s too much of a hassle for me. Finally, I won’t be giving any submissions any sort of rating. I’ll generally say a few good words as I play it and that’s that.
We can learn from what has worked well and build on this to create an awesome, positive contest.
January & July : MAFC April & October : 1H Blitz
Expect each one 1-2 times a year when possible.
Rule of Thirties
Playable in 30 minutes or less
I have a short attention span
I may be slower than you! As the creator, you should be able to beat it in 20 minutes.
30 or fewer enemies
I need 1 minute to kill each enemy
This includes reinforcements!
Max 30 lines of consecutive dialogue
Map size smaller than 30x30
No Vanilla fe7 / fe8 map exceeds 31 in a dimension.
I generally prefer smaller maps. If it’s 30x30 I might still complain as I play it.
Make it fun
If you give me troll gameplay, I will probably just stop playing early.
If you ignore these guidelines, I may not play your submission.
- Nope! You can use a chapter from your hack.
- HOWEVER, it must make sense on its own. I won’t be reading up on your project, so we will have no context of your hack.
- If too many entries don’t seem to make sense as standalone chapters, I may stop accepting these.
- It should be a fairly chapter, or remade for this contest
- No chapters that I’ve previously made a video on (eg. “Preview a Hack”)
- No chapters that were previously submitted for a contest, please
Is this Engine okay?
I do prefer fe8, but I want to be inclusive.
- FE6, FE7, or FE8 (but really you should use FE8 - no reskins!)
- Lex Talionis
- SRPG Studio
- Other - probably (but ask me first)
(If you aren’t using FEGBA as a base, please share instructions on how to load up your game.)
- We want these to be seen
- Include a gimmick to your gameplay and help me surpass 19 subs plz.
Document your chapter!
- Share your experience of creating your entry
- Post screenshots/gifs of your chapter
- Describe the plot / gameplay
- Post the .UPS here
I’m not inclined to play submissions that I know nothing about.
Resources to use
If you use someone’s
to use asset, you must write their name in your credits.
- We can vote on our favourites
- People might like your post
- I hope to play and upload them to youtube
- Most-liked reply
- Top-voted as favourite
- Fastest any% (and probably crappiest hack)
The real reward was the
friends chapter you made along the way.
You make a short chapter, and I play it.
January 15th, 2021.