Luck On Bosses?

Just as the title says. I’ve got a question again.
To provide context of where I got this question, I was recently playing FE6 (my favorite FE), and saw that around the end of the game, bosses didn’t have zero luck. In fact, they had a good amount of luck. However in FE7, bosses had zero in their luck stat around the end. Then I thought, “does it matter of bosses have luck or not?” So I thought I could get y’alls attention and ask why does the games differ? And does it make much of a difference?

Thanks! :grin:

I’m pretty sure the reason a lot of endgame FE7 bosses have 0 Lck is simply because they’re Morphs, rather than any balancing-related reason. I would continue to give bosses proper Lck stats unless you have a very good reason not to.

5 Likes

Fe7 plot wise has a reason for no luck: morphs

In general it just allows for the player to get luck critical hits for the most part.

3 Likes

OH. Whoops. My bad.
tenor-2523679541
Also, does it matter much really?
Like in the grand scheme of things, does it change much? Just thought I’d ask.

1 Like

0 LCK is a characteristic of basically every monster or thing without a “soul”. Though autoleveling may result in a luck stat, otherwise, no such enemy has a luck stat, especially on normal.

Even in modern games where generic enemies are given LCK, things like Monsters, Terrors, Demonic Beasts etc. have no LCK. This extends to all the FE7 Morph bosses, FE8 Monster bosses, FE15 Terror bosses, FE15 Witch bosses, FE15 Creation, Demonic Beast bosses (except Stone Demonic Beast in CF Ch17)

More modern games give enemies that are close to this definition, possessed, extremely evil or extremely plot significant a minimal LCK stat, like Garon, Ashnard (Hard Mode P2), Takumi, Hegemon Edelgard (lower difficulties) etc.

2 Likes

Ooooooh, so it’s because of what type of class they are? (I.e, monster, Morph, etc) Gotcha! Thank y’all a bunch! :grin:

… Wait I never viewed luck as a “soul” thing before. That’s why nearly all the healers have huge luck. And why Lucius, despite being a devout follower of St. Elimine, has low luck… because he’s a sinner :pensive::pensive: God says you can’t date Cornwells

So per the wiki definitions LCK basically translates into divine favor, or how much the gods fancy you. And it makes sense considering what LCK affects. It allows you to avoid hits you would not avoid otherwise, survive strikes that would otherwise kill you and hit strikes you should not be able to hit.

In terms of monsters characters having 0 LCK it means that in game the gods have denied them any favor or attention.

In terms of game play, you’d be surprised by how much a high LCK Stat helps with survivability and much a low LCK can screw you over (Raven, Lucius, Berserker class in general)

3 Likes

Hm, interesting point you make! Guess the LCK stat matters THAT much. You learn something new everyday! Duly noted!

As long as they don’t get like 25% crit I don’t get to do anything about it’s fine I guess.

1 Like