LGBT+ Characters In Rom Hacks?

What’s ig

I guess

1 Like

I am super close to finishing my second run of Storge, I really love it. The visit scene was the cutest thing, I loved it. I was showing off the hack to some friends yesterday actually and one of my girlfriends downloaded it and plans on having it be her first rom hack.

Obligatory shill post - FE0/UJP had a few mlm & wlw planned supports for some characters as well as a few explicitly gay characters and a trans ftm Spartan prepromote.

I’m working on a side project with a trans character as one of the main lords, though I’m still really early in development so I don’t have much to show for it yet.

5 Likes

The trans guy spartan prepromote sounds sick AF, I love it.

3 Likes

Downloaded SfL :smiley: Totally on my to play list now.

I know this is only a pme but if your looking for lesbian as the main lords then look no further then a FE8 PME by @PowerUPHero. The two characters in question are named Amber the Loving Duchess and her fiancé Merrin the Azure Bow. The two of them are replacing both Eirika and Ephraim in this pme. Will i don’t think support conversations are altered at all from vanilla im pretty sure the story cutscenes are altered the fit in with the new characters. I don’t know i need more screenshots of story cutscenes to further confirm this as i i’m unable to play this pme myself sadly.

Here’s a extra bonus. This isn’t the first appearance of both Amber and Merrin as both have first appears in a FE7 PME by @MageHero21. Amber replace Lyn there and Merrin replace Kent.

Screenshot of they paired ending.

2 Likes

Maybe you could…join my discord(wink wink, nudge nudge)

Since someone else mentioned mine, guess I can add onto it. I’ve got a few LGBT+ characters, with one particular relationship having a story spotlight at one point. Though my favorite is my trans hero, Harriet. She’s cool.

6 Likes

I guess I’ll go ahead and shill my own hacks a bit. I’m the creator of Deity Device, which has been mentioned a few times already. When I was writing Deity Device, I felt like I had to be somewhat coy with how much romance was in the main plot dialogue because the player actually has to use the support system to make the pairing official. In the sequel, Deity Device: Saint’s Blood, I took away the player’s control of the support system so that support ranks are gained through the main story or mid-chapter events. So the sequel is much more direct as far as who is interested in who. It’s still in progress, but the next release covering the first major story arc will be out soon barring any unforeseen difficulties.

7 Likes

Shill post - proving the point of the guy who mentioned there’d be more in more recent hacks - Drums of War has a handful of confirmed-in-text queer PCs, including the protagonist, with her plot-relevant romance options both being WLW. It’s explored in more detail in the second and third Acts, if I’m honest; only the first has been released so far.

6 Likes

You need to filter the perspecitve. For some reason IS belieives that FE fans are mostly horny teens.
Plus Japan has a weird relationship with queer people.

1 Like

More than just one character :wink: but the one mentioned plays a major role in the main story. There may be some other bits of LGBT+ representation scattered throughout the support room as well - e.g., two secondary characters with a lot of screen time are explicitly asexual (though this was true of SoV originally).

The nation of Zofia, where both protagonists are from, was founded and blessed by Mila, the goddess of love, and the themes of the story are meant to reflect that - while there was already some great representation in SoV, I felt it wasn’t explored to its full potential.

16 Likes

I totally felt the same way about the themes of SoV, like there was room for exploring that more and I am excited to try out your hack! It sounds super cool it’s been on my radar. It was one of the first hacks I saw when I was getting into rom hacks.

2 Likes

Update: I managed to forget the hack literally about a couple guys getting married (Vows of Fate).

5 Likes

Oh she’s trans? Giving her a Ladyblade was a power move

5 Likes

read her supports, all of them are epic.

2 Likes

There used to be a public demo for it until a few weeks ago, so I might as well recommend my own hack (currently titled Ash Blossom), which features two trans women as the lords.

3 Likes

AHHH I can’t believe I missed it T_T I really want to play. I meant to download it when I saw the FEE3 vid.

2 Likes

Adding even more onto this;
IIRC Moris said that in his hack DOOT the chapter 1 armor knight was a Lesbian in conversation once.

Even further TMGC by Retina also has a lot of representation, such as a Lesbian Lord, a Non-Binary sniper, a FtM Monk, a bisexual war criminal; Basically the whole works.(Totally not taking this as an excuse to shill my friends’ hacks)

5 Likes

OMG that’s so cool, I just downloaded TMGC today cuz the FEE3 Video just looked really good and I loved Blair’s design. Now I have no regrets, excited to try it out!