LGBT+ Characters In Rom Hacks?

ohhhh i’ll be on the lookout for it! I love FE that focus on supports and all the romance! I’m not even a modern fan I been in this since sacred stones but supports ae like my main appeal to the series.

excuse me?!?! A vision quest sequel?

@serif what are your hacks? Idk if I know them but I’m for sure down for explicit gay characters

Ya same here, I’ve been a fan since Blazing Blade but supports and dynamics have always been a big favorite of mine since I really started to read the games I played.

I am hoping when I finish my major paid for project it’ll afford me the time to just work on my weird little fan hack.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s worth mentioning, but my game, Mark of the Dragon, currently has 3 characters who are officially not straight, but as very few supports are written currently, it isn’t really mentioned yet. I keep it in mind when writing the characters in question, but you can’t really tell yet. It will be more noticeable once extra scenes and supports are there to flesh them out!

1 Like

Ohh that is really exciting to hear! It was actually pretty high up on my to play list, having a Chieftess as the main character was really exciting to me and anything made in Lex Talionis has my eye cuz that’s what I want to build my game in.

I’d love to know what characters out of curiosity before I hop in but either way extra excited to play it when I get time.

Wow I’m really happy to hear you were looking at it!

The characters in question so far are Rose (Bi), Ivy (Also Bi) and Wyn (Gay). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ya, I am really excited to play it when I get time.

1 Like

Ohhh please tell me them so I can have them in my team my next playthrough!

So does this means no supports in the next game? I loved your writing in deity device. Every support, every chapter every relationship, I created had me hooked! I’m getting either way just preparing my heart lol

1 Like

Since this thread is back I figured I’d talk about the LGBTQ+ representation in my own hack, host of the dark.

Max is a trans man who gets a small role in part 1 and is one of the few to have multiple full supports implemented as of now in part 2.(and he’s also an epic Jeorge type unit :sunglasses:)

Fidem and Luminan are both gay men with Fidem specifically still discovering himself as of the time of part 2 with Luminan knowing confidently who he is as a person.

Tmuran and Juniper are both canonically NB, although Tmuran only briefly mentions this in their recruitment conversation however both are exclusively referred to as they/them.

And most characters will likely be either bi or pansexual although the only character I can guarantee falls under this right now (paired endings aren’t done :cry:) is Sal who will have paired endings with both men and women, with the sequel I have planned giving the player the option to choose who they paired up with Sal at the end of HotD.

There will likely be more examples of representation down the line as I work on adding more supports and endings in general

7 Likes

Nice to see this thread has people in it again. Always love hearing about new stuff in the rom hacks. I’ve been out of the loop for a little, been busy and haven’t got to play a bunch of hacks in a while but I really do need to get back on it seems like a few neat ones have come out since I last patched a copy of FE8 XD.

Also been planning out two different rom hacks myself just in the document phase but for sure if either of these two get made there will be a ton of queerness added to what already exists at the core of the projects [one is an FE6 full Lyn story and the other is Three Hopes: Scarlet Blaze but an SRPG].

2 Likes

Most of the supports for side characters happen through Talk events on specific maps. So there are “support conversations” but they aren’t accessed by building support points and using the support command. Deity Device: Saint’s Blood is designed around full deploy so you don’t need to worry about not having deployed the right combinations of characters to get these. Characters can also have more supports than in vanilla, with most having one A support and four B supports. This just allows me to keep supports current to what’s going on in the story and doesn’t pressure me to write several pairings that I don’t consider canon. The biggest reason is so I can write the main story scenes without worrying about the interactions seeming weird to players who didn’t pair the characters the way I intended.

If you want to see how this works, the current release of the game has twelve playable chapters.

2 Likes

Okay! Your writing was incredible for the first game I will trust your process for you to get the most outta it without burnout. (Amazing such a story heavy game was done by a fan, I can only imagine how hard that was. I mean your supports weren’t short either!). Our team talks to each other and there are PE so I’m happy for that lol. That’s like 60% of me playing FE or even being interesting in a hack.

2 Likes

The concept of removing supports and focusing on on canon relationships is really neat, for sure a cool idea and I look forward to seeing how the relationships pan out.

4 Likes

AHHHHH I am soooo excited. I am patiently waiting to play this hack when like all support and endings are done since that’s a huge part of my FE experience and I don’t wanna start over. But I have been excited for this one for like ever and now I’m even more excited for it. Especially knowing there will be a sequel! I’m already a fan!

1 Like

A full Lyn Story is something I have always wanted. Sounds dope!

1 Like

I honestly genuinely recommend you get the game done now rather than waiting, it’ll be a long while before all the supports are done and they’re all unlocked in the main menu so if you want to go back once they are all done you can without needing to replay the hack.

1 Like

I know it’s been mentioned before, but just want to nerd out about Vision Quest. I just got the last support convo between Onisim and Nazar and I am LIVing for it. Rogue turned healer teaching his old rough-and-ready pirate buddy to read, and in so doing they fall in love? Yes please! I’m wondering (because I’m thinking already about my next play through) if anyone knows all the queer relationships to unlock in Vision Quest?

2 Likes

Since the thread’s been revived…

Drums of War has a handful of confirmed-in-text queer PCs, including the protagonist, with her plot-relevant romance options both being WLW.

This hack has since been completed, and this remains the case. Around a third of the cast are, within the text, either confirmed as or alluded to being some stripe of LGBT+, and around half of the handful of paired romantic endings are same-sex.

Expect something similar for Dream of Five, though it won’t be centred around a romance in the same way (I basically picture Renair’s sexuality as ‘I really don’t have time to think about this right now’). I don’t think there were any completed romantic supports in the original version - though there weren’t many completed supports full-stop - but there’ll be a few now, and there’s at least a few same-sex couples slated to have paired endings. Seren, in particular, has an A support with a new female character from the very beginning. It’ll be a while before any release, though.

I’m wondering (because I’m thinking already about my next play through) if anyone knows all the queer relationships to unlock in Vision Quest?

Bulan and Stina can form a relationship. There’s a very nice visual touch added if you see it through.

7 Likes

I know the bard has one with a lance guy. You liteally just taught me bout one I had no idea about!

1 Like