[Lex Talionis] Fire Emblem 8 Reimagine/Resource (Final Beta Pt.1 released!)

That’s ok, it’s hard when crashes happen so quick haha :sweat_smile: If it was Natasha, I wonder if Dual attack might have issues with staff users then :thinking: I’ll test and see if that causes a crash.

Yeah, Natasha’s and Moulders’s staff might still have the old data in the items, but a new staff from the store might be ok :thinking:

1 Like

Ohh nice, I’ll buy some new ones then. Also, love the idea of iron blades but 20 mt seems a little excessive this early :sweat_smile:, maybe that’s just me, the knockback effect is cool though :laughing:.

1 Like

Yeah, let me know if that fixes it. If not, I’ll do some testing on it :thinking:

Thank you for your thoughts on the blade items! The theory I had at the time is that if they hit the enemy, it will end the combat and push the enemy away so they can’t double hit (thus the 20 might to compensate) :sweat_smile: If they are hitting too hard, I’ll adust them. :thinking: Maybe scale down the iron ones, but up the power of the steel and silver one.

1 Like

Game has been updated to include chapter 13B. Some animation crash fixes have been made. And the Rapier animation has been updated :dizzy: Credits have been posted as well :+1:

The staff EXP thing should be ok, it worked on my end. :thinking:

1 Like

Good evening :wave::dizzy: Got chapter 14A done today :+1: Getting pretty close to the end of the story haha. I haven’t uploaded the latest change yet, but I got a fix done for 11A for the chests that I caught :sweat_smile:
Also fixed the lightning sound for the new rapier animation haha.

1 Like

Awesome :grin:! Love a new animation. There aren’t any keys for doors or chests in chapter 8, not sure if that was intended or not. Also not sure if it is intended, almost hate to point it out :laughing:, nor sure if it’s just a graphical error, but if the blue is the range for the council skill, it seems rather large for Ephraim rather than adjacent.

1 Like

Oh, whoops. You’re right, I forgot to add the keys for that ^.^; I will add that right now.

It’s all good, I did forget I buffed the council skill a little while back but forgot to mention it. The range is set to 3 and it has been upped the boost to 75%. This next patch should reflect it more accurately.

Hot fix has been uploaded, just might have to restart the chapter.

1 Like

Ehh, I’m lazy :laughing:, just ferrying Colm around with Vanessa. It’s not even a soft lock with the breakable wall. Ooh nice to hear about the council skill, knowing there are 2 promotion levels and the feeling of the character’s leveling up a lot is so nice in my opinion, just like really satisfying and I can’t wait to play around with all the different promotions.

Also seems like a mage and thief are stepping on each other here :thinking:. Not a problem just kinda funny.

1 Like

That works haha xD

Yeah, with the game being kind of shorter, I figured needed a lot more experience to get to tier 3 haha xD For now most Tier 1 and Tier 2 are mostly Vanilla with a few more added classes. It’s Tier 3 where there is a lot of cool new stuff :slight_smile: Then with always having 3 choices it should make for a lot of different, cool builds :slight_smile:

Oops haha xD Well, I’m glad the reinforcements worked haha xD I just have to fix the spawn locations haha xD Funny though xD

1 Like

We do love fun reinforcements :laughing:. While the description for council has been updated in my game I don’t know if they actual skill is functioning with its range :thinking:. Adjacent people to Erika are getting the council status, but not people within three spaces. Not sure if that just requires a restart of the game on my end. Also, you were right, purchased some heals from a vendor and they’re functioning with the 30 exp :star_struck:.

1 Like

Also, Amelia’s cutscene/dialogue appeared but no Amelia is on the map yet :thinking:. And the red gem is only worth 250 when selling but says it is 500 in the description. The villages were also unable to be visited.

1 Like

In chapter 10 I think the position of the archer is a bit harsh, he kills Tethys in two hits unless you go down and hit him with Vanessa or Tana, got a lucky crit with Vanessa but otherwise hard to counter :sweat_smile:. Tethys also cannot dance. Just a personal note but feel like it would be cool for her to have a weapon, I would be cool with any weapon or magic, just personally think it’s fun when dancers have weapons but that could just be me. Also, Marisa’s weapon is rank B, and she only has C so she is unable to use it. :laughing:. Oh and Moulder did not get any skill when reaching level 15.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the testing! :smiley: This is a lot of good feedback :sunglasses:
The council skill might require a reset, but I’ll double check on my end just in case :thinking:
Glad to hear the staff exp is working now though :slight_smile:

Oh, I think I know what happened with Amelia and the villages. I think I forgot to reload the events for those things in the code. I’ll get that fixed :thinking:

I was kind of worried about that archer in 10A, but wasn’t sure :sweat_smile: I’ll get him moved over then haha.
I haven’t got dancing coded in yet since dancer will be technically a Tier 2 unit and I haven’t got Tier 2 skills in yet :sweat_smile: I probably should put it in for her just in case for testing purposes. I also agree with her getting a weapon haha. The easiest will probably be a custom sword just for her haha. Also, her promotions will be interesting haha :wink:

Oof on Marisa :sweat_smile: Easy fix at least though haha xD I know priests should get a skill, so I’ll double check on that too :thinking:

1 Like

Ok, all the fixes have been implemented and should work now. :slight_smile: Council worked on my end, so I do believe it is a reset thing. Tethys had a magic animation I had already added, so she should be able to use light magic now and refresh :slight_smile: Unless it needs a reset haha ^.^;

Chapter 14B has been finished and added as well :slight_smile: It had so many scene transitions and was a pain in the butt haha ^.^;

1 Like

Awesome! I’m waiting for a little bit longer then I’m going to do a reset run and I’ll let you know any feedback, but I’m sure you’re right and that will fix it, probably my saves making things wonky :star_struck:! I’m always amazed on how quickly you update stuff :grin:. People are starting to class up now and I love it! Erika’s magic promotion is sick. Rip great knight :skull_and_crossbones:, but the promotion options are awesome. And ballista XD.

1 Like

Thanks :smiley: Yeah, that might be best to restart at some point haha :sweat_smile:

Around what chapter did characters start promoting? And glad you like the promotions haha :slight_smile: Why did you say Rip great knight? Haha :sweat_smile: Ballista should be an interesting promotion haha xD Though I still need add a place where you can buy them and also want to make an event where you get one when you promote into one

1 Like

Just starting a new restart now, council seems to be functioning as intended, staffs work right with exp from the bat :saluting_face:. Probably a good idea XD, and it’s nice, makes starting over feel very rewarding.

When I promoted Franz there wasn’t an option for him to be a great knight, I think it was ranger, paladin, and mage knight :thinking:? Is it an armor-only upgrade now or are promotions wonky? The sprites for some of them were missing, and Neimi was able to promote into a ballista, not sure if that was intended to be an option.

People could have probably started promoting chapter 10(a) but it seemed to be pretty slow, only 10 exp when they reached level 20, and most people are promoting in chapter 11(a) :star_struck:. I think the monster units give a lot more exp.

Now that I think about it were enemies supposed to be tier 2 from 9 forward :thinking:? I think the majority were still tier 1, though high level like 15 for the most part, and the boss was a berserker.

Also for chapter 11(a), I think that enemy positions may need to be manipulated, or L’arachel needs a buff or some kind of defensive item because she is dying in like turn 3 or 4, can’t really find a way to get her to safety or someone to get to her unless a rescue or warp staff was available :thinking:.

1 Like

Also for chapter 2 in the restarted version, the brigand in the right lower corner will not move off the mountain. Not sure if it’s just that AI because there are a lot of my people around it, but having to kill him via Vanessa :laughing:.

Also not sure if it’s possible but would be cool to interact with the maps, like be able to enter shops/armories on the places that had them like in the original, and make the tower of Valni useable, because training Amelia, Tana, Ewan, etc may be a little interesting without it. But I also know you said the overworld map is hard to work with in Lex so not tryna be nitpicky! Everything already in it is amazing :star_struck:.

1 Like

Ok, glad to hear that things are working now :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, Sword, lance, and axe cavs are supposed to have different promotion branches so that’s intended then haha xD Do you happen to know which classes didn’t have the sprites? I thought I had that fixed, but I guess not haha :sweat_smile: Ballista is intended :+1:

Ok, I was worried about the EXP, but the final build should have almost double the enemies, so I’ll wait until after that before I make changes.

I can’t remember either, it may be 11 where they are tier 2 :sweat_smile:

That’s good to know with L’arachel :thinking: I was thinking of buffing her HP anyway, so I’ll try that first

I’ll check that for chapter 2 :sweat_smile: haha at least still can reach him haha :joy:

Actually did you save the villages already? The AI may have stopped if you saved the villages already :thinking:

1 Like

Ahh, that’s cool with the different promotions for the cav types :grin:! I haven’t really been using Kyle and Forde, because I love Franz so much and Seth as well, and ya know, limited unit slots.

If you’re adding almost double the enemies for the final version will you be messing with map size at all :thinking:? And would you consider adding maybe an extra unit slot for most maps, I just love all of them some much and it’s hard to decide on a core group XD. Also maybe with almost the double amount of enemies, maybe having a couple of mini kinda bosses. Just like 5 levels or something above the average so units who are higher leveled can still get some exp, not that it’s usually a problem but just a suggestion. There might honestly be some kind of these units already. There seem to be a variety of enemy levels, just haven’t been paying explicit attention.

I will get to it and see which ones are missing and report back :saluting_face:!

1 Like